The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Game Lands Lake  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
Game Lands Lake
« on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:01 PM »
 Was out walking on Game Lands 57, Near Lake Jean, today! Theres a pond there that was covered with ice. I checked the thickness! It was 1" thick! I couldn't believe that it was all frooze over! Bring it on!
TEAM  PA.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Game Lands Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:47 PM »
tha bad news is 40 on sunday and in the 50's monday here in pittsburgh

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2005, 05:12 PM »
The good new's is that after the beginning of the week it's to get cold again and the water temp is down good now.
       Jim

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2005, 05:29 PM »
you know the name of that lake? would probably be ice fishable for a little bit sunday morning before it gets warm again  ;D

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2005, 06:48 PM »
 Don't know the name! But its on Mt.Springs Road!
TEAM  PA.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Somebody once said something about patience being a virtue. Sk*ew that. I'm ready, Tuesday maybe......... ;D ;D ;D ;D
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2005, 08:42 PM »
it really sucks that the temps are gonna go back up into the 40s come sunday and into the upper 50s come mid week. if we could get a few more days of below freezing temps it would definitely give some lakes enough ice to at least go on for a day or two. hopefully whatever ice forms doesnt melt entirely with 50 degree days. I am one of those people who takes what they can get and doesnt waste ice ;). whenever i can go out i will and im sure im not alone. Im filled up on turkey but hungry for ice  ;D

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2005, 04:19 PM »
I was at Tuscarora State Park today fishing from the boat. There was 5/8"-3/4" of ice on the upper end of the lake where the creek comes in. It there were several hundred yards of ice. Too bad its warming up next week. >:(

MikeThePike

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2005, 06:32 PM »
I'll be out on this place Sunday with ice picks and a warm change of clothes ready in case I go for a swim if for nothing else than to say I went ice fishing in November in PA.  ;D

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Perhaps I had the wrong pond?????? But if we are talking about the first pond on the left going back Mountain Spring Road, the pond is contained withing a State Propagation Area -- Entry for any reason is strictly forbiddin--
and carries a hefty fine, hard to hide on a frozen lake during deer season.
Looked nice though.......
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2005, 06:31 PM »
 Wrong pond Byron! You had to go about another mile! I know about the propagation area, in fact thats where I'm going hunting the first day of buck. Behind that propagation area!  ;D
TEAM  PA.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.