Author Topic: Flip-over Shanty...worth the $$$ in Idaho?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flip-over Shanty...worth the $$$ in Idaho?
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:20 PM »
  Always wanted a flip-over shanty, but have settled for a "cabin-style" and a Pac Shack.  Although I rarely use either, they both aren't good for the run and gun fishing I now usually do.  How many of you guys have him and how often do you use them?

Jim

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Flip-over Shanty...worth the $$$ in Idaho?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Don't have a flip but I like them. Fished out of one back in mi, but you were only allowed 2 lines. If you maximize the 5 lines I would think you would be spending a lot of time outside. Plus flip aren't the easiest to get in and out of in a hurry

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2010, 12:38 AM »
    3rd year with a Frabill Recon. Modified a bit with removable 8" stilt skis and a swiveling boat seat. Easy to run & gun and get out of the weather with a nice place to sit. Just a tad small for a heater but, with care and attention, it can be done. Light weight (empty) and pulls well in snow even when snowshoes were required. The wind break position is handy if several lines are "out there" ~ launch into a run if they need tending.
  Best to check it out on the sponsors site at the top of the home page.  
                                                                                                  Tom

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:31 PM »
I guess the question is " worth the $$$ in Idaho? "  Well how much is it? And how much would you have paid to have one the last time you were standing on the ice in the wind or rain/snow or any combo and the fishing was great, wishing you had one?  Yeah they are worth the money.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I have two of them.  A one man unit and a two man Clam.  The clam has a bench seat with a back rest... love it.

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Was in Cabela's finishing up some Xmas shopping (and shopping for what I'm going to buy with all my Xmas gift cards ;D) and it looks like they've got the full run of the QuickFish series we were talking about in another string.  The QuickFish3 hub pack with 6x6 shelter, sled, chair, and GAS auger was on sale, $450 I think, and the same but with a hand auger was on sale for around $250??  Also had the QuickFish2 flip-overs there.  Scored a couple new tip-ups, rods, darters for my trip to CF and Henry's next week!!!
"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water." ~ William Tapply

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it.  What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2010, 11:11 AM »
....jealous!  Wish Henry's wasn't an 8 hour drive for me! 

Jim

Offline born2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Hey if anybody out there has an old shanty they would be willing to sell i maybe intersected. See me pics and a price [email protected]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.