The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wyoming Bragging Board Question Thread  (Read 4183 times)

Offline FairIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wyoming Bragging Board Question Thread
« Reply #30 on: Dec 07, 2018, 10:28 PM »
I agree ;D

Offline mobilerat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Yes, were imported as a food fish not sure where they became trash. They can pull like a freight train. Kind of like some people pass up nice Young Bucks and Bulls to shoot a big one you can hardly chew. Never have figured out how to cook the horns.

Offline Doz601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:44 PM »
Yes, were imported as a food fish not sure where they became trash. They can pull like a freight train. Kind of like some people pass up nice Young Bucks and Bulls to shoot a big one you can hardly chew. Never have figured out how to cook the horns.
.   Not gonna judge but some folks call that herd management, if everyone shots every dink buck they see what’s left in a couple years ? If your out for meat there’s plenty of opportunities across this great state to harvest does and cows. Please let them grow. I’m a Wyoming native and have sadly watched so many young bucks with potential get shot for 20-30 pounds of meat.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Great fish so far on the bragging board!

Awesome job guys!!!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline mobilerat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 10, 2018, 07:33 PM »
.   Not gonna judge but some folks call that herd management, if everyone shots every dink buck they see what’s left in a couple years ? If your out for meat there’s plenty of opportunities across this great state to harvest does and cows. Please let them grow. I’m a Wyoming native and have sadly watched so many young bucks with potential get shot for 20-30 pounds of meat.                                                                 
What you're proposing is called horn management not herd  management.
If someone's only getting 20 pounds of meat off a deer they need to be charged with wanton waste. Potential for what to grow horns? I am all for maximum Hunter opportunity.  Increasing the number of older age class males  lowers Hunter opportunity. When they start charging more for tags in Trophy units I may be convinced otherwise but until then I'm for maximum Hunter opportunity and I'm not concerned with antlers size which provide nothing but bragging rights. When male to female ratios increase above certain levels reproduction rates go down and reduce Hunter opportunity. I've been teaching several young people to hunt and they're having a hard time drawing tags. I think units like unit 31 for Elk as an example a bull tag should cost at least $1,000 it should be a once-in-a-lifetime hunt no one should get to do it twice until everyone gets to do it once. And as a once-in-a-lifetime hunt it should be worth more than $1,000 I believe the 10 non-resident tags they typically give out there could be sold for $10,000 a piece and Wyoming is not maximizing the value of those trophy animals. Nothing else that the state owns is sold for less than maximum value. I haven't shot a buck or a bull in years. I always buy the tags but generally just shoot females for meat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.