Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1687510 times)

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #7081 on: Sep 04, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Ridgid 1/2 inch hammer drill kit, factory blemished, from Direct Tools: $119 Includes 2 batteries and a charger

Only 2 AH batteries in the kit, so you will need a larger one to drill many holes, but the batteries are useful for summer use.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Products/Power-Tools/Drills%2C-Drivers-%26-More/Hammer-Drills/RIDGID-Gen5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-2-In-Brushless-Compact-Hammer-Drill-Kit/p/R86116K

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7082 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:08 AM »
Just for info, that’s 700# torque drill not the big one.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7083 on: Sep 04, 2020, 11:47 AM »
Little off topic but has anyone talked to Deal Ninja?? Sure miss him in this thread!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7084 on: Sep 05, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted but I just bought one.  $152.51 out the door.
https://marcumtech.com/product/showdown-troller-2-0/
<===Lefty===

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7085 on: Sep 05, 2020, 07:27 AM »
Sure miss him in this thread!!!

+1. This is one of my most read threads on the entire www.  Hopefully he finds a keyboard for his iPad before the skim ice hits.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7086 on: Sep 05, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Ridgid 1/2 inch hammer drill kit, factory blemished, from Direct Tools: $119 Includes 2 batteries and a charger

Only 2 AH batteries in the kit, so you will need a larger one to drill many holes, but the batteries are useful for summer use.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/Products/Power-Tools/Drills%2C-Drivers-%26-More/Hammer-Drills/RIDGID-Gen5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-2-In-Brushless-Compact-Hammer-Drill-Kit/p/R86116K

I bought a similar pkg 2 years ago and found that was enough for about 15 holes on ice nearly at the limit for my Clam plate/Mora combo. I don't want to move any more than that.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
« Reply #7087 on: Sep 05, 2020, 09:08 AM »
(Also looks like otter has new shanties and pfluger has two new inline reels  a president and s Trion version.  so just a heads up)

Thanks for the heads up, I will be watching for a deal on these.

https://www.pfluegerfishing.com/pflueger-new/

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7088 on: Sep 09, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Millwaukee fuel m18 auto motive tool kit 279.99 with two 5 amp batteries? Flash lite and 3/8 impact wrench.. was $486.99.

https://www.tooltopia.com/milwaukee-2991-23.aspx?trk_msg=DSI1N7FNGH7KF0U2GO61EF1348&trk_contact=DJA4HL5EOPK8JGH4UNCQL9DROC&trk_sid=99MPBARSHF96TH1TSCPR0F2GK0&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=SHOP+NOW&utm_campaign=MILWAUKEE+PRICE+DROP!!!

I recieved this today and it came with 2-2.0 ah not 5.0 ah   called and waiting for them to get back to me.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7089 on: Sep 09, 2020, 12:44 PM »
As I read it, this offer Includes the 2.0 AH battery pack, and the 5.0 AH batteries as an option.Considering 2-5.0 AH batteries w/charger retail for $140.00, I can see why, (and why the confusion.) Still a good deal though. Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7090 on: Sep 09, 2020, 12:49 PM »
As I read it, this offer Includes the 2.0 AH battery pack, and the 5.0 AH batteries as an option.Considering 2-5.0 AH batteries w/charger retail for $140.00, I can see why, (and why the confusion.) Still a good deal though. Ski

a 2AH is not nearly big enough is it?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7091 on: Sep 09, 2020, 12:55 PM »

4ah or better
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7092 on: Sep 09, 2020, 01:21 PM »

Depends how many holes you drill. I have a 1.5 ah that I keep as a last resort if I run out of my other batteries. I can usually get about 10 holes out of it.
Last year you could get a 8ah battery on ebay for $80, looks like they are up to $100 now. Either way at that prices that's the way to go if you like drilling holes...
Da Pack!

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7093 on: Sep 09, 2020, 05:14 PM »
2 - 6aH batts were $149 at Fleet a month ago. How many holes a day will you drill. You will get more than 10 as another states I think. Keep both batteries with you and you'll figure it out during early ice.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7094 on: Sep 09, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Just a note...there are two types of Milwaukee lithium batteries. One is the “Lithium Ion”, and the other, (newer model), “Milwaukee Red Lithium”. The latter is supposed to have an enhanced system for a longer battery life. That said, the performance of the Red Lithium might be better than the regular Milwaukee Lithium Ion battery, and if handled properly, should be able to get more than 10 holes on a charge depending on what size auger you are using. I have the 2-AH and the 5-AH batteries on a 6” Nils and 6” Mini Nero. I’ll let you know about their performance as soon as there is fishable ice. I believe the described kit comes with the Red Lithium, 2-AH batteries. Other variables to consider other than the auger size, is the thickness of the ice, and condition of the blades etc.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7095 on: Sep 09, 2020, 08:25 PM »
I recieved this today and it came with 2-2.0 ah not 5.0 ah   called and waiting for them to get back to me.

Let me know what they say..  I do buy a lot of tools from them and would like to hear how it goes .. I have had similar deal issues with zoro wich is a compay of granger and won't go back to them after how they handled there end..

By the way If the email add did not say 2x 5 amps I would not have wrote it .. I think it was a labor day deal I tossed up here hopefully they honor there word.. even still states some thing about a  5 amp battery in the add you still see on line ..

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7096 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:13 AM »
Just a note...there are two types of Milwaukee lithium batteries. One is the “Lithium Ion”, and the other, (newer model), “Milwaukee Red Lithium”. The latter is supposed to have an enhanced system for a longer battery life. That said, the performance of the Red Lithium might be better than the regular Milwaukee Lithium Ion battery, and if handled properly, should be able to get more than 10 holes on a charge depending on what size auger you are using. I have the 2-AH and the 5-AH batteries on a 6” Nils and 6” Mini Nero. I’ll let you know about their performance as soon as there is fishable ice. I believe the described kit comes with the Red Lithium, 2-AH batteries. Other variables to consider other than the auger size, is the thickness of the ice, and condition of the blades etc.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7097 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:40 AM »

Let me know what they say..  I do buy a lot of tools from them and would like to hear how it goes .. I have had similar deal issues with zoro wich is a compay of granger and won't go back to them after how they handled there end..

By the way If the email add did not say 2x 5 amps I would not have wrote it .. I think it was a labor day deal I tossed up here hopefully they honor there word.. even still states some thing about a  5 amp battery in the add you still see on line ..
they agreed to send me 1 5ah battery and keep the 2-2ah ones as well.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7098 on: Sep 10, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Good to hear papa sly the nice thing about the smaller batteries is when you do work around the house trying to hold a drill with a 9 amp battery on a ladder with out your arm going num. Make the job that much easier cause the drill weights less at least you got the 5 amp .. they just sent out a e mail saying free 5 amp mlw48-11-1850 battery that's what I was coming in here to tell ya I hope your happy with the out come?

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7099 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:13 PM »
Thanks you also. I hope the 5 ah will last

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7100 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Thanks you also. I hope the 5 ah will last

They will ...just bring them up to room temperature before you charge them and keep them charged should get years of use from them.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7101 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:50 PM »
They will ...just bring them up to room temperature before you charge them and keep them charged should get years of use from them.

I also keep them in a soft 6-pack cooler in the shanty when not in use

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7102 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:55 PM »
I also keep them in a soft 6-pack cooler in the shanty when not in use

I stored them in a insulated lunch bag ..and a canvass tool bag ..sometimes with a chemical hand warmer ..one time one of the coldest days of the season left my drill and battery atop my Clam plate in the elements w/o worries or issues . Agree its best to keep them as warm as possible but most days in my area lately not really been an issue.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7103 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:25 PM »
i mean enough holes

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7104 on: Sep 10, 2020, 04:40 PM »
i mean enough holes

The 6 in Nils will give you plenty ..the 8 in Strikemaster if its a Lazer should serve you well also ...whats your average ice thickness ?

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7105 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:27 PM »
The 6 in Nils will give you plenty ..the 8 in Strikemaster if its a Lazer should serve you well also ...whats your average ice thickness ?
8 to 12

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7106 on: Sep 10, 2020, 06:40 PM »
8 to 12

In 10 in of ice I can get 35 holes plus on one 5 ah battery with my 8in K-Drill which has chipper blades and uses more power than shaver or lazer blades...plus tend to clean out my holes with the auger so even more juice is used.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7107 on: Sep 11, 2020, 12:07 AM »
Half off of Baffin Mens Impact boot.  Seems like a good deal.  Never owned Baffins but I ordered these.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Baffin-Impact-Snow-Boot/143278687?selected=true

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7108 on: Sep 11, 2020, 09:13 AM »
This deal still going on.. best out there I can find at the moment ..those who are on the fence ...note the BLACK FRIDAY deals in the past have been for under powered and under torqued picture hanging drills

Milwaukee 2804-22...need to add a qualifying item to receive $100 off...

use code blainthanks20

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1138238-milwaukee-2804-22-m18-fuel-18v-1-2-hammer-drill-kit.html

https://www.farmandfleet.com/promo-deal/?pn=7712&dn=9006

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7109 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:08 PM »
you'll love the impact.  not so much for chasing tip ups but a great boot for sitting on the ice.  like a sleeping bag on your feet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.