Author Topic: Change to allow Eskimo quick disconnect to Razr-Back anchor  (Read 498 times)

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have the Eskimo quick disconnect tool for the pistol bit auger.   It inserts into the drill motor and accepts an 11mm-7/16" grooved hex shaft.  The hex shaft is permanently attached to both the Eskimo anchor tool and the Eskimo auger attachment, and one can quickly switch between the two attachment tools by simply pulling up on the quick disconnect and inserting the other attachment.

I'd like to have the option to use the Eskimo quick disconnect with Razr- Back anchors as well.  This would require adding a grooved 11mm hex shaft to an 11mm socket that could be inserted into and removed from the quick disconnect tool in the same manner that the the Eskimo anchor tool and auger attachment connect.  (The adapter that comes with the Razr-Back anchors includes a standard 1/4" shaft that is attached to an 11mm socket, and the 1/4" shaft would need to be replaced to use it with the Eskimo quick disconnect.)

Has anyone seen this availble for purchase?  If not, I'll have to find a piece of the hex shaft, put a groove in it, and then tack it onto an 11mm socket to try it out.

Thanks!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Change to allow Eskimo quick disconnect to Razr-Back anchor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2023, 11:45 AM »
You may be better off buying an Eskimo ice anchor tool...and modifying that some ...cutting then adding a piece to accommodate the Razr anchors

There may even be a happy medium where the modified tool could be used for both style anchors

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1477566-eskimo-ice-anchor-drill-adapter.html
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Change to allow Eskimo quick disconnect to Razr-Back anchor
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2023, 02:58 PM »
You may be better off buying an Eskimo ice anchor tool...and modifying that some ...cutting then adding a piece to accommodate the Razr anchors

There may even be a happy medium where the modified tool could be used for both style anchors

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1477566-eskimo-ice-anchor-drill-adapter.html

Thanks for the suggestion, but that won't work.  I want to be able to leave the quick disconnect in the drill motor and to be able to use the quick disconnect with the razr anchors/11mm socket and the Eskimo pistol bit auger and thus avoid needing to loosen the drill chuck if I need to switch from my auger to anchoring.  To use the quick disconnect, it requires the 11mm hex piece with a groove around it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.