Author Topic: Jigging Rapala  (Read 2710 times)

wick

Jigging Rapala
« on: Jan 17, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Ive read in many magazines about using a small Jigging Rapala for crappies in the winter time. I bought one a few years back and have tried it a few half hearted times with no results. How do you go about presenting a rapala like this for crappies? Do you tip it with any live bait or use any scent on it? Any info would be a great help. I can see on my flasher that the fish come up to the rapala, but i cannot get the fish to stike it. Thanks for the help.
Wick

Offline Fetters

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jigging Rapala
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2005, 04:56 PM »
apply wax worms or maggots to the treble hook and I even go a little extra with one on the nose hook, you are right fish don't seem to  normally strike these unless live bait is added.

Jesse Fetters

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2005, 05:42 PM »
The smallest jigging rap, the #2 is dynamite for crappies. Use six pound test fluoroclear though because jigging raps need heavier line to work. Always tip with a small spike or sliver of nightcrawler on the treble. I caught about 50 crappies in one evening two years ago on a small jigging rap.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2005, 10:02 PM »
Put some glow paint on the "V" tail and as the pupil on the eye for use at night, smash them pretty good in the smaller sizes.

michiganbasscat

« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2005, 08:51 PM »
i seem to mostly catch 12 inch largemouth bass on jiggin raps >:( and in michigan after jan 1 cant keep em :P

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2005, 09:35 PM »
 I tried these for crappies and caught bass, perch, gills and pike on them but never a crappie, and the crappie were around??  ???
Jason

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.