Author Topic: whole rig  (Read 2345 times)

peple of the perch

whole rig
« on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:27 AM »
wha is yr hole settup when u go for crappie during the winter

Offline CedarLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • CEDAR LAKER!
Re: whole rig
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2005, 07:51 AM »
fishing pole ;D ;)
CedarLaker-----FINALLY GOT OUT on DECEMBER 16!!

Offline crappieloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • nnnnn......Ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2005, 05:11 PM »
1 or 2 tip downs with a minnow about 3 feet down. I have 6 or 7 hand rods with different lures on them. Mostly use a 12'' micro noodle shack rod with 1# mono line and all other ''long'' (14'', 16'' and 18'') rods use 1&1/2 up to the heavyweight 2#line rod. Most are tiped with spikes or waxies or sometime nothing.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2005, 06:07 PM »
A sensitive graphite rod, usually light action. Two or four pound mono or fluoroclear, and glow jigs or spoons tipped with maggots, waxies, or nightcrawler pieces. Best plastics are glow shrimpos, ratsos, and nuclear ants. My favorite glow spoons/tear drops are demons, frostee spoons, and the such. A 1/16 ounce frostee jigging spoon in red/yellow techniglow tipped with a single waxworm has been my best producer so far this year, fished on 4 lb test.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:40 AM »
I set up 4 rods before I go, 1 with a ratfinke, 1 with a hali, 1 sweedish pimple with hali dropper,and 1 with a glow fat boy, all on 4lb with 18-24 inch fluoro leader on ultral light and light rods that I build myself, I also use quick snaps on 2 of them so I can change if need be. Never leave home with the magetts!!!!
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

Offline scuba

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I have a pair of HT Ice Blue ultralights. These are very sensitive rods. For line I have switched down to the 1lb diameter Fireline. Another switch I made this year was to use the no knot clips instead of retying my lures on. This speeds up switching lures quite abit. I am very happy with the sensitivity of this set-up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.