Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

You guys Jigging Maine waters

(1/5) > >>

woodchip:
Yesterday out jigging for 3 hrs ! the wind picked up from the south so i left early. But yesterday i noticed for my first time this winter the fish were up off bottom a ways and biting good. the other days this winter the fish were right on bottom . and a very slow easy bite. I cant remember a winter as this one.

Jim_C.:
I was out jigging on Thursday.  Yes, the fish were aggressive.  It was crappie and big yellows early, then whites.  Lots of fish suspended fish well above bottom and willing to zoom up and grab a jig.  I marked some fish 10 feet under the ice not far from a 110 foot hole.  Good times ;D  I would have missed out on a lot without my flasher.

Anomaly:
I always love suspended fish!!! So often anything up in the water column is hunting, or at least very willing to bite!!! My Marcums are set to full water column beside 10' bottom zoom. Love to see fish come in high!! This one came in at 10' under the ice in 40' of water.. Reeled up... Fish ON!!!

eiderz:
Suspended fish are generally the best biters. Mud monsters can be difficult. Like woodchip, I've had trouble moving fish off the bottom this year. Had a couple of good days last week, I don't recall if Thursday was one of them. I rolled my sled a week ago and rung my bell, so I probably don't recall much of anything clearly.  ;D  Rookie move, heading in from cusk fishing. Going dead slow trying to turn on glare ice, caught the carbide on a rut and over she goes. The old body is hurting. Helmet saved me from a hospital visit.

woodchip:
Sorry to hear of your rollover. not fun .My flasher has full column and zoom on bottom area also My biggest togue have been just under ice ,when togue feed they wound a lot of smelts which float up under ice . the big fish know that and swim along with their Dorsal fin against ice and clean up all disable wounded smelts . so i have found that put your bait down a foot or so just under ice  does work . Ive caught several over 10lbs over the last 50 years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version