Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Getting excited

(1/5) > >>

Lee1977:
I looked out across the pond this morning to see it completely locked up. Something caught my eye and down by the dock there was a mink messing around. I watched him for a bit and he finally went all the way across the ice to the other side. Last week I watched the same mink go across some ice and fall through, made me chuckle because I’ve done the same thing. Needless to say this is getting me excited for some thicker ice! The weather sure isn’t good for the next week to make any good ice. Like always it’ll come and we just have to be patient. Stay safe out there.

zcm_82:
The little ditch/creek I deer hunt next to was iced of/on during deer season. I saw a mink out there the 2nd or 3rd day of season... first one I'd ever seen around here. I see muskrats out there most years, but that was the first mink.

Forecast is looking too warm to make ice this week here too, so hopefully it'll start dipping again next week.

Ponds were locked up for a day or so at the end of that cold snap before Thanksgiving around here, but they opened up fast and haven't skinned over again since. It's just teaser ice around the edges now... the worst kind  :'(

bigr:
If the weather forecast plays out we most certainly will be fishing after during christmas break.

zcm_82:
Extended forecast keeps looking better every day. I went ahead and took the 23rd off to do some pond hopping. If the ice ends up good by that week with a solid forecast after Xmas I'll probably end up taking the 29th and 30th off, too.

dearjimschmidt:
 i took the 30th off in hopes of finding good ice!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version