Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Prep time!

(1/3) > >>

ftwwalleye:
Man I love every fishing season. I think the OCD in me likes prepping for each season almost as much, lol. Respooling some rods, getting tip ups ready, cleaning the sled, tying flies and jigs.
Busy at work but got a start of about 30 tungsten jigs made. Made some glow jigs this year and gonna try them out. Hope to make a bunch more over next weeks and give my buddies some jigs for Xmas. Happy prepping and hope everyone got some good holiday deals.

zcm_82:
I got everything ready to roll a couple weeks ago... just waiting on the weather now. 🤞🤞🤞

Next week's forecast looks pretty good after Wednesday, but given the accuracy of forecasting in general I'm trying not to get too excited yet.

TeacherPreacher:
ftwayne, great job on the jigs! Are you using UV on them? I've used fluorescent paint for years. I believe it often makes a difference. Putting a couple of dabs on spinner baits and cranck baits when fishing for walleye and bass at night I'm convinced helps with the bite!
Teach

ftwwalleye:

--- Quote from: TeacherPreacher on Dec 02, 2022, 08:09 AM ---ftwayne, great job on the jigs! Are you using UV on them? I've used fluorescent paint for years. I believe it often makes a difference. Putting a couple of dabs on spinner baits and cranck baits when fishing for walleye and bass at night I'm convinced helps with the bite!
Teach

--- End quote ---

I don't really do much painting since in off ice season I mostly fly fish. Used some uv glow thread when tying and some uv resin on top.

abishop:

--- Quote from: ftwwalleye on Dec 02, 2022, 07:17 AM ---Man I love every fishing season. I think the OCD in me likes prepping for each season almost as much, lol. Respooling some rods, getting tip ups ready, cleaning the sled, tying flies and jigs.
Busy at work but got a start of about 30 tungsten jigs made. Made some glow jigs this year and gonna try them out. Hope to make a bunch more over next weeks and give my buddies some jigs for Xmas. Happy prepping and hope everyone got some good holiday deals.

--- End quote ---
Those look awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version