Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

ATV Fees? WTH?

<< < (2/4) > >>

eiderz:

--- Quote from: clamfarmer on Nov 29, 2022, 07:04 AM ---ATV Fees went from $45 to $70... Kind of a jump....
They told me it was for trail fees. I don't use trails!!!
Maybe they should have done a trail use stamp.

--- End quote ---

We've got a total of five sleds and three ATV's/SxS between two family camps. As Non-Res, this year I have now spent almost $600 on registrations. The ATV's don't use the trails but the sleds do, so I'm not complaining too much. It is a bit steep though, and I can see your point about not using the trails. I would suggest however, that the moneys used to maintain trails help preserve public access to private land which benefits everyone including hunters and fishermen. Landowners don't like the mess that ATV's tend to make, and sometimes use that as an excuse to limit access to all.

hardwatergrampa:
just another way to pick our pockets just like the doe tags

gamefisher:

--- Quote from: hardwatergrampa on Dec 15, 2022, 10:39 PM ---just another way to pick our pockets just like the doe tags

--- End quote ---

My concern as well but if they actually put it to purchasing deer wintering areas like they promise I'll be good with. 

cnypanfisher:
New York it is 100 dollars to register your sled unless your in a club, which brings it down some, all thanks to the clubs that have trails and whatnot. You might get 2 months use of your sled A year. It costs 12.50 to register an ATV for a full year, and they all scamp around the same trails. There is need for A sportsmans registration for sure,  A lot of people use snowmobiles to fish and never touch A club owned or state trail. Its crazy.

Anomaly:

--- Quote from: gamefisher on Dec 16, 2022, 05:17 AM ---My concern as well but if they actually put it to purchasing deer wintering areas like they promise I'll be good with.

--- End quote ---
The funds, doe tag $,  ARE DEDICATED TO THAT. I guess people need to read the legislation. Janet is doing good stuff!!! The ATV fees are out of whack though!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version