Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

The Long Lake Derby

<< < (3/5) > >>

rubline:
  Is there any online registering for the derby? Everything I have seen is mail a entry or pay when you get there.

Anomaly:
I really wanna fish Long lake, mostly for yellow perch and a possible serious salmon, but 4 hrs and 16 minutes is a long ride. May try to make it up there for a couple day trip. Probably before the derby... Not really a derby guy...   ;D :icefish:

Moosekill:
I am from down south but have fished Long Lake probably 10 times.  I never fished the derby, but was there the day before it started a couple years ago.  If you get in the right place there can be lots and lots of yellow perch.

Salmon, I have caught some nice salmon but it can be pretty slow at times.  There are some really huge ones in the lake, but be prepared for slow....

Biggest thing to remember is it is a big lake that gets very cold be safe!

Anomaly:

--- Quote from: Moosekill on Dec 05, 2022, 09:23 AM ---I am from down south but have fished Long Lake probably 10 times.  I never fished the derby, but was there the day before it started a couple years ago.  If you get in the right place there can be lots and lots of yellow perch.

Salmon, I have caught some nice salmon but it can be pretty slow at times.  There are some really huge ones in the lake, but be prepared for slow....

Biggest thing to remember is it is a big lake that gets very cold be safe!

--- End quote ---
Yep!!! I'd be after YP. Would make a few salmon sets to break things up between jigging up a pile of perch! Scalloper gave me some clues for the perch. Looks like decent salmon structure nearby.

tipman14:
I definitely had a great time last time I went. They put on a good event. There is some good cusk up there too  :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version