Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Ain't Much to Brag About, but it's a Start

(1/1)

Phoenix:
Well I got on the ice today :) There was about two inches on my favorite little white perch pond. I started at about 1130 and fished until 3:00. Caught six nice humpbacks which we will have for supper tonight. It was a beautiful day and I was the only one on the pond (nobody else crazy enough I guess).  I suspect there will be more competition tomorrow as several vehicles slowed or stopped on the road.

On a sad note though, I lost my jigstick, "The Togue n' Nator". I was jigging and had a flag go up. I set the stick down across the hole has I have a thousand times before, and went to get the perch on the tip-up. When I got back, my beloved jigstick, which my grandfather had given, me was nowhere to be seen. I tried to convince myself that it couldn't be, that I must have placed it somewhere else. Took me five or six minutes to come to grips with the fact that it was gone. Oh well, it was a great day otherwise and we're eatin' fresh perch tonight!

BTW, five out of the six were males. Never had that happen this early in the season with big perch, they're usually mostly females.

fishuhalik:
Sorry to hear about your loss.  I know what it's like to loose something that's been w/ ya for a while.  You can always buy new gear, but you can never replace the memories that come w/ stuff

rob-s:
did you try an snag it?

nitro04106:
get some cordinates on a gps and go back and get that baby in the summer .  i have a friend that dives if it was in deep water and you really want it back give me a shout but shallow water get some goggles and canoe and try to hook it up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version