The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: ITS SNOWING!!!!  (Read 1822 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ITS SNOWING!!!!
« on: Oct 25, 2005, 04:17 PM »
started this afternoon! big white flakes! man its sure nice to see! a little late this year but ill take it. supposed to be a cold front behind this. hopefully finish the lawn off. never seen the grass and weeds last so long up here. anyway nice to see the white stuff. anyone else gettin' any?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: ITS SNOWING!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:18 PM »
still wet down here at the "bottom" but psyched to hear, there is actually, according to the weatherman, supposed to get as much as a foot in the western mts. Sugarloaf USA isnt even open unless your golfing LOL

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:18 PM »
had a few flakes mixed in with mostly rain. Apparently farther north they are getting it.

Offline toguetaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:32 PM »
  Just alot of wind and rain here on MDI.

Thank you to all my fellow Veterans

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:47 PM »
I got a good mix sleet/wet snow in Orono!  ;D

I had to clean off my windshield when I came back from class  :clap:

Offline icefishmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2005, 07:16 PM »
I was Bird hunting in Jackman this past weekend and it was snowing when we were heading out on sunday morning.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2005, 04:35 PM »
well snows down to flurries now. if it didnt melt as it hit it would have been afoot. made for real bad comute to work this am. people in the ditch everywhere. gonna make the bunnies stand out like a sore thumb in the swamps! should be at least half white by now.  ahh... rabbit stew!

Offline gillmaniac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 11"gill from a secret pond
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2005, 04:36 PM »
snowed a lil the other day here in pa. it was mixed in with rain all day. wont be to long now
Go Team PA!

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2005, 09:02 PM »
well snows down to flurries now. if it didnt melt as it hit it would have been afoot. made for real bad comute to work this am. people in the ditch everywhere. gonna make the bunnies stand out like a sore thumb in the swamps! should be at least half white by now.  ahh... rabbit stew!

Are there many rabbits up your way Steve? Not many around here this year (just like the deer). I hear they come and go in cycles. I don't know if you hunt with a dog or not, but there's nothing more fun than listening to a beagle chasing a rabbit....especially if he's headed your way.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2005, 09:33 PM »
dont have a beagle just a brittany that'll run just about anything. got alot of rabbit up here but its so damn thick you kill yourself trying to get where theyre at. i get the dog wound up then set her loose. she makes such a racket in there they come flying out from every direction. maybe get 1 0f 10 that comes out. they really move!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2005, 08:44 PM »
well we have about a foot of snow around the deer camp in the allagash. in the lowlands about 6in. its been staying below freezing at night so we might be making some progress with the ice. gonna go huntin' mon. and check a few ponds to see how theyre doin' . ill post findings.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2005, 08:47 PM »
music to my ears steve!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2005, 04:20 PM »
got about a half in. of rain last night .pretty much took care of the snow. warm 30+ mph winds blowing now. i think im going into a depression! keep praying boys! were not licked yet! supposed to get below freezing during the day come mid week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.