Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Pictures

Hardwater Cancelation!!...UPDATE

(1/3) > >>

grumpymoe:
Yesterday saw unseasonally higher temperatures...50F overnight low....gusting winds with the approaching high... ;D ;D...finished attaching the skids to the shanty and fired up the woodstove and settled into the chair for a glass of grape juice.. ;D by the time to barbeque it looked like we were going to get dumped on....snow??.. just a quick hint....then absolutely clear...yahoo...this morning got up to 23F...then the wind picked up again turning some freezeover into this pile on shore... :-\ :-\...my prediction of safe ice for Nov 6 is out the window....freezeup will definetely be this week for sure...depending on daytime highs...just might set up the shanty by the 22nd...same as last year....Grump                                                                                               

Iceshanty:
Moe I just got chills up my spine when I saw your picture  :o That looks to be one calm cold night away from slamming solid. Sweet.

-Scott

Trophy Hunter:
Darn wind eh Grump wont be long now!!! ;D  ;D  ;D :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

grumpymoe:
UPDATE!!!.....the temperature is plummeting and below freezing already.....and the winds have died off....enough below that the lake i took a pic of this morning will almost freeze over by the morning..... ;D..Grump

Thriller:
Yeah, but there was no ice to be seen yesterday...I think the Legend has one more trip on Thursday for crappie...water was about 40-41 yesterday. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version