Author Topic: Night Fishing  (Read 1346 times)

Offline 3rdgenrf

• IceShanty Rookie
Night Fishing
« on: Jan 17, 2016, 04:25 PM »
Hello. Wonderin if any of you fish at night and what succcess u have and any tips you might have? Spent the night in my shack last night at Beaver Flats and caught two walleye throughout the night but doesn't happen very often.
I have one of those units that clip onto my line and beeps when you have a bite. Scared the hell outta me at 1:00 am!

Offline Oaks

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Night Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Heading to Tobin for 3 days.  Was hoping to try some night fishing for some slobs.  Hopefully it pays off.

Offline dbdusty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:17 PM »
How's the bite at the Flats?  I spend a couple of weekends there every year but usually in the summer.  We did ice fish there late last season but only managed a couple of small eyes.  Do you fish the normal spots as in the summer?  Golf course, Nagel's Point, etc?

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2016, 09:32 AM »
I've never had much luck over night but have caught walleye at 8-12midnight just jigging before.  It's usually at about 6-7am  when the rattle reels start singing and get everybody moving!

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Ive only had luck night fishing for walleye within 2 hours of sunset/sunrise. Gonna try some all night fishing on some burbot lakes this year and see how it goes

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2016, 12:29 PM »
 same experience as saskoutdoorsman.  walleye will quit biting but the burbot will go all night long.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.