Author Topic: Tracks for Polaris Ranger 900  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Advantage Angle-R

• IceShanty Rookie
Tracks for Polaris Ranger 900
« on: Nov 14, 2018, 02:12 PM »
What are the best tracks out there for this side by side?  Looking for anyone that has experience in tracks on polaris rangers

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tracks for Polaris Ranger 900
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2018, 03:21 PM »
I got Camso (formerly camoplast) tracks on my Yamaha Wolverine. It's an 850cc. There are only a few manufacturers of tracks for UTV's out there. I did some research and Camso seamed like the best fit for me. I forget what other brands are out there but the majority that I see are camso/camoplast. I put screw studs in the tracks for the lake and my state allows me to register it as a snowmobile so I can ride the trails. Last year the dealer put them on but I just put them on last week and it was a bit of a PITA to install and make all the minor adjustments the manual says to do. I think any track system will have some degree of maintenance and adjustment to work properly. They really gear down the machine, with tires I can do 50+ mph but with tracks I can get 25 mph tops. I talked to a guy who had a ranger with camoplast and he was happy with them. He said his belt only slipped once while in reverse. Mine slipped once after getting off the lake in the slush, I put it in 2wd and it slipped. You almost always have to have it in 4wd IMO unless on groomed trails. Also, tracks will throw snow everywhere, if you don't have a full cab, you'll get a good snow blessing. Good luck with your decision.

It must be something in the water.

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2018, 06:29 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOO that there be an impressive rig you have.  ;) ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2018, 06:53 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOO that there be an impressive rig you have.  ;) ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
X2!!! What brand/make of cab is that??
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2018, 06:01 AM »
X2!!! What brand/make of cab is that??
It is a Yamaha OEM cab. Not sure if yammy builds it themselves or subs it out to a third party but it is listed on Yamaha's website.
It must be something in the water.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2018, 06:47 AM »
Don't have them on a Ranger but I have Camso (was Camoplast) on my Polaris Sportsman 850.  I've had the same set for 8 years and have replaced 2 of the boggie wheels (bearings).  The only adjustment, maintenance I've done otherwise is track tension (check it after every install).  Installs, after the initial one, are less than an hour and simple.  I only use them in the winter months, a little trail (backwoods) riding and ice fishing.  There are other systems but I've had such good luck with these,I doubt I will ever change brands.  Tehy can be adapted to other machines with a mounting kit and main drive hub. Drive sprokets are sized according to the power of the machine (that's where the gear reduction comes in).  On my 850 I have a 40% reduction in top end.  They also may size the drive sprokets differently from front to rear.  They want equal, or just a bit more pull on the front.
Power steering is a must IMO.  They are a "bear" to handle without it.
Check out ATVTRACKS.NET they have a ton of info and sell many different systems.  Very knowledgable folks.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2018, 11:23 AM »
The Polaris Prospector tracks are made by CamoPlast/Camso.

Offline XN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Get the Camoplast/camso or the polaris prospect (they developed these with camso) tracks (the newer black ones). I have the polaris prospect tracks on my sportsman 570 and they are great. They are pretty much the same as the Camso other than the main frame of each track.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.