Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1642082 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13980 on: Nov 25, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, Church this morning.

Weather is warming up and rainy here today.

Prayers for your wife hunts 2 long.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13981 on: Nov 25, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Good evening rain earlier today and a warm up from earlier this week high in the low forties today.
Icefisher-45 seen reports and photos of folks fishing in your state think the North East may see a warm up before years end and we will have to start again with the ice building. It is good to see some folks had time and were able to take advantage of the recent cold weather.
Wallyworld I think there are a few factors involved in overnight house temperature in my case living with an older parent Until my Mom's death house was kept at 68 in the Winter and made sure Mom had warm clothing for sleeping and daytime wear during Winter. I found out last year heat in my building runs on the warm side even with temperature set at 68 my apartment reached into the low seventies at times. The sudden cold snap probably did not help me, big reason I think my cold tolerance is low is the loss of twenty pounds since June less fat on the old body. May all your baking go smoothly know the kids will enjoy all your creations.
Whopper Stopper I plan to bring sleeping bag with me at Christmas time also flannel pajama top if I still have one instead of just a T-shirt and flannel bottoms .Glad I brought my shearling slippers. Good you got Sil's snow blower hooked up before having to work in the cold to install it.
Hunts2long congrats to your brother on his deer. Nice of you to let your brother have first shot at deer on his property. May you get a chance at that 8 point buck. I shared your wife's problems with my sister she works in Insurance field and said unfortunately in today's society many doctors and hospital are to concerned about liability issues if something should go wrong so send patient back to doctor who preformed any surgery and hospital they work at wish there was  a medical facility closer to your home so you did not have the long trips to NYC.
IFF hope only one of your canopies was damage and not anything under it by the winds and snow.
Ice Wanderer the Red Apple Rest is well know to most folks between ages of eighty and fifty in my area. The place started going down hill in the late seventies and closing the warm weather outside walk windows in the eighties really hurt their business. I believe they closed sometime in the nineties  the building now needs major repair/renovations chain link fencing around the building now to keep people out some one would nee major money to bring back to it's glory years of th3 1940's through 1960's. Also think with the NYS Thruway going through the area they lost business from when route 17 was the only major road in the area. May you get some answers to your arm problem tomorrow .
Eddie sure you gave your buddy a good ribbing over his missed shots. I hope if both of your had chance to pull the trigger today one or both of you connect with a deer.

A safe and Pleasant evening to all.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13982 on: Nov 26, 2018, 02:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  33* with some fog and mist this am, high of 38 with rain coming.

Steve...we both hunted solo yesterday, no shots fired. Saw a few deer, had a nice doe just after sunlight walk by me, but no buck following. Maybe next weekend.    :thumbsup:
  Wally...might have been just a little ribbing, we had a our laughs! Best of luck to Mr.WW today!
  Marv...congrats to your Vikings!  :clap:  Wtg helping out your SIL, hope the fingers are feeling better!   :thumbsup:  Did you unbox that hub yet mister?
  H2...very good news on your wife, hope her release is soon. Congrats to your brother on his deer, best of luck getting that 8 pointer in your sights!   :thumbsup:  Hope the bowling went well.
  Bud...any Icefishing for you yet?
  Jeff...best wishes with today's appointment, hope surgery isn't necessary.    :thumbsup:

My morning hunt didn't pan out, but I did see some deer. Took a stand for about 2hrs. and then still hunted for a little while. Found a very promising spot I've over looked for years, next weekend I'll get in there early and give that a try.
  One of the small lakes in the area has been froze for awhile, and Saturday I spudded my way out. Found 4-5" of ice. Went back there yesterday afternoon and drilled a few holes....landed my first perch of the season, 10" .   
Believe that was the earliest I've ever been out...had the lake to myself!   ;D
  Back to the grind....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13983 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:14 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 35* and light snow is in the forecast. ::)
                          Eddie.........I'm sorry to read that there wasn't a Buck following that Doe. :%$#!: Way to go on the Perch. :clap: How did it feel to be on the
                 Hardwater?
                          Marv..........I hope the SIL appreciates the things you do for her. :bow: :clap: Congrats to the Vikings last night! :clap: :bow:
                          H2L...........I bet your wife will be home real soon with the good report. :thumbsup:
                          Steve........House temps vary with how homes are designed, my house has a cathedral ceiling so a lot of heat goes up. Even with a ceiling fan
                 in the living room my thermostat is set at 71 during the day and down to 67 at night! ???
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13984 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

17 with light flurries this morning.

Eddie sorry to hear the doe was buckless, dang it :%$#!: Good going on the perch  :thumbsup:

IW the s-i-l is on her best behavior, she has 4 oaks that need to come down ???

I was surprised the Vikings didn't give the game away, that's why they are hard to follow. One game they play like a contender and then the next game they shoot themselves in the foot. I'm not a big football fan to begin with, so it's easiest not to get too excited with their hype.

I am running late this morning. I have to bring the wife to the bus and I need to make a run to the jungle.

Hope you all have an excellent "Cyber Monday". Stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13985 on: Nov 26, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Good morning having problems with my internet connection so will be brief. After replying to Ice Wanderer question about the Red Apple Rest I did a Google search. A Reuben Freed open the place on Memorial Day of 1931 his family ran and owned th business until 1984. They sold to a greek businessman who ran the operation until Sept. of 2006. Then George Washington bridge was being completed when Mr. Freed opened the business made it easier for people from NYC and Long Island to reach west side of the Hudson river also the restaurant was about halfway to the then popular Catskill Mountain region of NYs in particular the western section(Sullivan county) The Catskills were a popular vacation spot during the 1930's through 1960's . When air travel became more affordable folks starting going to Europe and other places . Sullivan County and other parts of the Catskills had many resorts and motels,hotels. Many well know entertainers got their start at these resort such as Jerry Lewis. Also for you info. construction of the NYs Thruway began in 1953.
Eddie may you see more bucks next weekend. Congratulations on finding some early ice and catching a perch.
Ice Wanderer good point about home design and heating. May you get some answers about your arm at the VA hospital today.
Whopper Stopper I'm not a big football fan either watch the Giants  and Eagles game the Giants play is similar to Vikings great one game and not so good the next. Looks like you have some tree work down the road at Sil's property.

Have a good and safe day. Best to all hunting and fishing. Hopefully I will be able to Log in later today and read other regulars to this thread's posts.
Steve

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13986 on: Nov 26, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Good morning all,

Still haven't been able to find many deer on our hill. This weather has them all messed up and they have not been following their typical patterns. Seems like every time I zig, they zag. Oh well, lots of time left and this way I have an excuse to keep hunting ;) ;D

Hope everyone has a great day, gets feeling better, has good luck hunting and fishing, gets promoted at work, wins the lotto, etc, etc...   :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13987 on: Nov 26, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Morning all,

MrC....hope the weight loss was intentional, great job  :thumbsup: :bow:  good idea to take along some warmer clothes next visit to your sister's  ;)

Eddie.....congrats on the first perch of the season  :icefish:   :clap:  hope the ice holds up to the temp change  :-\

IW.....good luck at your appointment, safe travels  ;)  my house (raised ranch) has 2 heating zones, the bedrooms & cellar on one, the living and dining rooms, kitchen and bathroom on the other, main zone is set at 68* daytime, 66* at night  bedrooms set at 64 daytime, 60 at night 

H2L....hope the bowling went well last night  ;D  any good news on MrsH2L this morning  ???

WS.....congrats on the Vikings win  :flex:  I swear the games are all rigged for maximum dollar return, can't figure any other reason a team can be SO bad one week then turn it all around the next  :wacko: 

Deere.....the weather definitely has the animals confused  :blink:  hope you get your shot soon  ;)

Some errands on the agenda today now that the rest of the world is back to work/school  ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13988 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Tender loins for supper last night. Saturday afternoon I finally got the shot I wanted at the what I think is the bully doe. If it is her she was a youngster with an attitude as she was only 1 1/2 years old. No meat damage on this one as I did not shoot up the tenderloins this time by shooting a little high. This is the fourth deer that has dropped on the spot since I started using the ballistic reloads. It is great not having to track deer

When I came home Sunday morning the ice on the lake looked like the rain on Saturday had taken it's toll on the ice. We have gotten a couple of inches of snow over night. The wife was afraid we were going to get a lot of snow out of this storm. We are on the north edge but the southern part of the state has gotten 6 inches. Better them than us!

The diner at the VFW ended up with the Va only bring up 18 guys. As I said before the GR VA Home is a mess. They probaly did not want to pay for any more emplyees to come to help with the men that is required. That made for a lot of left over turkey.

Capt J The cost for renting the building is $75 plus a $75 cleaning deposit that is returned if it is left clean. If the manager does not check the condition of the hall and returns the deposit it is the reason for alot of the problems with the filthy condition of the hall. The wife sent a rather nasty email to the manager about all of the problems with the hall. She also sent it to the only board member on the board  that we trust. They have a board meeting tonight so we will see how far this goes. It is an open meeting so maybe I should go and show them what the wife was talking about first hand. They would probably ask me to leave when I pointed out the problems with most of this board.

Mr C It ounds like you need the HD sleeping bag I have from wheni used to have to sleep inthe back my truck at 24* when I started hunting spring turkeys in the UP. I too can not stand the cold any more. I usee the sleeping bag as a blanket until i get my  old place warmed up when i am over their to hunt, I use only one  layer as two layers are too heavy and to warm.

Eddie Hopefully things pick up for your deer hunting. My deer sightings had gone way down this trip to hunt. Hopefull the black doe I have had makes it through the season. She has been around for a number of years, always has a black fawn with her.

Ws I bought what they call a pruning blade for a sawzall at the local Ace hardware store. It is very agressive. They had two lengths, I bought the shorter one. Since my Husky 55 Rancher has gotten to heavy for me to handle much any more hopefully this blade will help me get the wild trees cut down in the yard so I can spray them with brush killer when they resprout. Maybe your s-i-l can use one to help getting the small limbs off of the trees when you cut them up into firewood.

Still alot of huntng gear to clean up and put away.

Every one have a good day!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13989 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:43 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like the weather is warming up with rain today. I hope everyone has a safe day good luck with getting deer today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #13990 on: Nov 26, 2018, 02:44 PM »
Afternoon, Everybody

Rain AGAIN  :P, at this rate, the backyard which looks like a swimming pool may freeze over into  a skating rink, if the temps. drop the way they are supposed to, lots of stained
     water at any of the lakes/ponds I looked at in passing the past week, still kind of early yet here for ice, but here's hoping

T.T. - Sounds like time for some policy and manpower changes

H2L - Best Wishes for the Mrs. - how is she doing today?

Mason - Fishing doesn't get much better than that - Good Luck with the hunt

I.W. - Did you sleep differently that nite that the shoulder was a problem in the a.m.?

Mrs. W.W. - It is always nicer to do things after a holiday

I.F.F. - Any major damage with the canopy coming down?

D.F.F. - This weather is enough to make a grown man/woman cry

45 - Have you checked any ice yet?

Time to make some phone calls, got 2 on the desk looking for work to be done, 1 is tilework, other is general handyman stuff, be back after dinner

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats- Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13991 on: Nov 26, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Evening Everyone,
  Congratulations Tom!!  :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13992 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:48 PM »
X2 Congratulations TT :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13993 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* and steady wet snow falling, 2-3" expected before it turns back to rain, high of 38.

Capt.Jim...good luck with the jobs and estimates! Sure hope you can land that big floor job you mentioned.  :thumbsup:   My son Mike will be headed down your way today, some type of emergency road or bridge job in Jersey...will keep you posted where he's at.
  I-45...how's everything going with your back problems? Hope you're feeling better.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...congrats again on the hunting! Have never seen a black deer before, that's got to be pretty neat seeing her with a black fawn as well. Glad you have let her walk, hope she makes it through the season. Any pictures?   :thumbsup:
   Wally...thanks, I think that ice might be toast now with the rain, temps. and snow melt. There was a lot of standing water on it Saturday, will see it again this weekend. Crossing fingers we get another blast of cold weather to lock things up again.   :thumbsup:
  DFF...this weather has been terrible for the hunting, hope things turn around for you soon also. Best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...best of luck with the Internet problems, knocking wood I haven't had many issues the last week. Thanks for the info on the Red Apple Rest, interesting.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...how's the local ice looking? Hope it won't be too much longer before we read some reports!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hoping everything went well for you yesterday!  :thumbsup:  It fealt great getting out on the ice again...

Way behind this am, will check in later to see how everyone's doing...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13994 on: Nov 27, 2018, 04:52 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                It's 32* and heavy snow falling, it looks like 6+ inches out there, I'm going to have to go out a start clearing my driveway. ::)
                                Tom...........Congratu lations  on getting the job done. Fresh venison for dinner mmmmmmm. :thumbsup:
                                Capt.Jim.....I can only sleep on my right side or my back, it's the same every morning if I wake up on my back. ???
                                Steve.........The Thruway put a lot of restaurant stops out of business, it a shame there were a lot of good places. :(
                                Marv...........There is some ice farther north of here that has ice but now with this snow I don't know the conditions. ???
                                Yesterday's appointment didn't help much, they put a sling on my arm but didn't seem to help much plus it's a PITA, I still have
                     things I have to do a muscle thru the pain. MRI ordered and maybe an earlier appointment with the ortho Dr. :o
                                I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out in the wopods or on water!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13995 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:17 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

12 heading into the 20's later.

IW, take it easy when clearing the drive. I certainly was hoping they were going to find some relief for you. I am sure you were too  :%$#!:

Eddie the ice is coming along but around here just not enough to trust. We will be getting some warmer weather by the weekend and there will be some snow which I am sure won't help.

WW hope the errands all went well. I went to Walmart yesterday, I swear nobody works around here, the place was packed at 11am ???

Nothing much going on here today, I am going to spend some time in the garage puttering. I suppose I best see what I should make for supper in case I have to head in for some makings.

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the agenda. Stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13996 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:42 AM »

Good morning again ER's,
                       Correction........We have a foot of snow out there. :o

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13997 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Morning all,

IW......go easy on the snow removal sir, don't need to aggravate that shoulder anymore  ;)

WS......x2 on nobody works anymore  :nono:  WalMart was a complete zoo at 9 yesterday morning  :blink:

TT......congrats on the deer, way to keep after em  :flex: :thumbsup: 

CapJ....good luck on getting some "decent" customers  :)

Eddie....seems every year things look to freeze up early either we get a foot of snow on 2" of ice or we get a serious warm, windy spell  :wacko:  just have to be patient  ::)

Looks like about an 1" of sloppy wet snow so far altho the plows have been by 2x already  :cookoo:  weatherman says up to 8" by tomorrow, definitely not needed  >:(

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13998 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Morning every one. We only got 3 inches of heavy wet snow. If I got off of the concrete drive I ended up blowing mud. I need to work on the junk way the chute turns today as I could not turn it with the handle. I only plugged it up once with the wet snow.

I talked to my old hunting buddy last night. Just before dark last night he had a darerk grey animal comming through his pines. He had his gun on it. Wehen It came out on his power line it was the neighbors donkey. It took off for home when it got out on the power line. I told him it might be some differnet eating!

IW Hopefully they can figure out what the cause of the pain is soon. Living with undignosed pain is not fun.

Things are not looking good for any young bucks being around next year. Neither my son or I have seen a button buck amoung all of the fawns we saw this year. Last year they were mostly button bucks. We have not seen the black doe or her fawn since the first week of season. She probaly made the mistake of going across the road where they shoot every thing.

Our road construction season has ended up being a fiasco. With the work stopage in September they are trying to beat the weather to get them all done. Some were started in early spring.

Capt Jim. This board is made of of big shot big money people that do not know how to do real work. Due to the screwed up By-Laws they have been able to change a couple of their terms to two years instead of one. Sneaky way to keep control. The members did not have to vote to OK the change. I have been involved with a lot of organizations where any By-Law changes had to be voted on by the members. Not here!!! Time to beat feet out of here. With the mess next door we will probaly not be able to get our money out of this place so we are stuck. That place is up for sale but it is going to hard to sell withthe mess around it. I wish I had all of the firewood rotting in the yard years so I could have stacked and covered it so it was not rotting.

I need to get started cutting up the deer today before it warms up this week end. Hopefully I can get the toon covered and the trap off the shelter off the back deck with the warm up this week end.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13999 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:55 AM »
33* and snow changing to rain. Looks like we got about 2" of heavy snow overnight.
TT, congrats on the meat in the freezer.
Sunday we were told that the wife could come home this morning. That changed overnight as her temp went up, breathing got bad again and she had a case of the shakes. This is what put her in the hospital in Oct. I just talked to her. She sounds better but still does not feel good. Yesterday they pulled the PICC line thinking there might be an infection there. Her DR. was in yesterday and she is as confused as we are, but said, "we will figure it out". They may go and take some more tissue samples. We do know she won't be home soon.
I am just glad she is in New York. They are much better to handle this.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14000 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Capt.Jim/Steve, no major damage to things under the canopy, just the canopy itsself.  Picked up a new one that has a round top, should shed the snows better, now just have to find time to get it up, before more snows.

Eddie no ice time as yet, think it will be after xmas before anything is fish able in my area.  Got an invite to join one of the buds on his boat today so going to play hookie from work, and use a PTO day.  He says the catching has been real tough this last week.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14001 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Good morning ER's 20ish here. TT congrats to you. Eddie way to go getting on and off safely and a bonus perch. I still have not been on the ice not because of too thin but other circumstances. I went out looking for some gear last night it took 4 or 5 stores before found the thills I was after. The new Fleet Farm here in town is going to have a great selection but is only 10-15% stocked right now lot's of room for more stuff. IW hope your shoulder gets better. Mr. C nice to here closing on the house. If anyone has any Jell-O-bean jiggler trays laying around I'm looking for more. They hold 82 jigs nicely.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14002 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Morning all. Been really busy with Thanksgiving,and my daughter wedding the next day. It all and all went well. Pa. gun opener was yesterday and we had a wash out. It poured all morning. On Sunday I put up my huge tree umbrella,because it's easier in the daylight than the dark. I was somewhat worried it would be standing with the high winds. But it was still there at 6:30 am. I stayed absolutely dry under it and gortex from head to toe also helped. At 8:10 I saw my first deer. A doe and a fawn passed by at bow range,she looked back and started picking up her pace. My safety was off and the buck stopped long enough to count 3 points on the main beam. I pick a opening and when brown hit the crosshairs I squeezed. He piled up after a 50 yard death run down hill. It was a first for me turns out it was a 6pts with no brows. That little 6.5 Creedmoor is a great gun and becoming my favorite. Last year I shot 2 doe and they never took a step. I hope everyone with health issues feels better or even better gets well. Hope everyone has good day and be safe. Funny today there's about an 1.5 of snow.lol Would have been nice yesterday.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14003 on: Nov 27, 2018, 09:04 AM »
H2L.....sorry to hear MrsH2L had a little set back  :'(  good that she's in the best hands even tho it's so far away  :flex:  sending prayers for a speedy and complete recovery

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #14004 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:29 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

Sunshine, a stiff breeze, chilly, mid 40's today, now for the dryup after the monsoon

I.W. - My go-to was a folded pillow, in between shoulder & elbow, bad shoulder in the air

H2L - Prayers, thoughts, best wishes for the wife

54 - Congrats. on the buck, wtg

I.F.F. - Good to hear, no major damage, good luck with the fix

T.T. - They won't be satisfied till the place is shut down by Board of Health, then all the problems will need to be fixed before a new Cert. issued

W.S.-Mrs. W.W. - Here too, I stayed home this past weekend, too many crazy, stupid drivers, cops were very busy, even yesterday

Got some billing to do, estimate for afternoon, still havn't gotten the fx100 out yet, if I set up in the house, I am sure I'll have a bad shoulder like I.W., when wife gets done
     with me

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14005 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:05 PM »
Capt Jim I doubt that the hall has ever been inspected other than for an occupancy permit when it was built. That is doubtful as this county is a screwed up mess so probably no permit was obtained to enclose what was an open pavilion. The township gives out zoning permits for buildings that have not been approved by the ASSN. It just gets worse as you move up the ladder to the county.

I have thought about getting the county health department involved.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14006 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Evening All,
  Capt.54...Congratulati ons on your buck Sir!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14007 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:50 PM »
Good evening rain overnight and earlier today and windy. Hope all of my fellow NY.residents who reside in what I would call upstate are not buried under to much snow.
Tom Turkey congratulations on your deer sure the tenderloin diner was delicious. I have a sleeping bag that has more insulation on one side depending on which side you place under you the bag has a low temp. rating of 25. Someone should speak with the VA if you have a Christmas dinner coming up leftover food is not a bad thing just becomes who is taking what home . May the Lake assocc. board see the light and start better maintaining the community building.
Capt.54 congratulations to you also on your deer. May your daughter and new son in law have many happy years together.
IFF glad only the canopy was damaged hope you can complete repairs to it before next snow storm. How did the fishing trip go today.
Deerefishyfishy keep that positive attitude best to you on future hunts.
FishinJohn hope you are holding up to the deer processing workload and Rocko's skills are improving with each deer he butchers.
Capt.JIM may you get one of the jobs assume construction work slows down during Winter months in your area and then come Spring everyone has projects they need completed before Summer rental season starts.
Wallyworld I did need to drop some pounds but weight loss is not planed still dealing with health problems and find that sometimes after eating I experience extended period of coughing so eating smaller meals especially at work. I did not realize I dropped twenty pounds until I used bathroom scale at my Sisters and BIL's. I often wonder the same about does anybody work we have to remember thanks to computers many people can now work from home and might have very flexible work hours. I had a list of items to purchase at the store I visited on Black Friday and got lucky at checkout a cashier had just opened another register  think I was in and out in fifteen minutes or less time.
Hunts2long sorry to read of wife's setback may they find cause of her troubles soon and she be on her way back home.
IceWanderer ditto others advice on snow clean up no need to put yourself in more pain .
Eddie may the emergency  job not turn into an extended stay in NJ. for your son. During it's glory years the Red Apple Rest was a busy place have to remember route 17 was a two lane road at one time that passed through many towns and villages before they constructed what is now know to as the "Quickway" and someday will become interstate 86. The trip from Nyc. to Catskills could take 4-5 hours back in the 1930's and 1940's.

Everyone have a good evening.
Steve

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14008 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Good evening gang,

Congrats to those who have gotten deer!

Hope those who are under the weather and in pain get on the mend soon!

The night before last it was raining, so I sat in a hunting tower that my uncle and I built about 20 years ago in the middle of a pasture on our hill. I didn't see anything but as I was driving down off the hill just before dark I saw 4 deer in the pasture below the tower that can't be seen due to a steep dropoff. Two of them were a good sized doe with a little one. I sat in the tower again last night but about a half hour before dark I got down and snuck down over the hill to scope out the lower pasture and saw 2 deer way down near the bottom corner. One was bigger than the other so I thought it may be the mama and little one again but it was hard to tell from almost 200 yards away in open pasture. I took my chances and squeezed the trigger on the bigger one and it dropped in its tracks. I kicked myself when I made my way down to it as it was a little button buck. Oh well, it will be tender eating and it won't go to waste! Not the smallest or first little deer I've shot and I'm sure it won't be the last. I have plenty of tags since my buddy signed 2 doe tags over to me before he left last week and I had 2 of my own also. Goimg.to.get this one skinned and cut up in the next day or two. Time to try for something bigger now!
Hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow. Feel better, goodluck, and stay safe!  :)
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14009 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Congratulations on the deer Capt.54 and deerefishyfishy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.