Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630354 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13800 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:44 AM »
45 and it is NOT raining. Going to go sit in the woods for awhile this morning, see how it goes. Maybe it will light the fire in me.
Hope everyone got out and voted yesterday.
My daughter's older dog had been having some issues. She came home from work on Monday and found that he had died. Tucker was 12 years old, she got him as a pup. Now it is just her and Rocky. We are hoping that having Rocky will make it easier on her over the next few days. She sounded good last night when I talked to her.

Hope every is well and Capt. Jim we are thinking of you and your family....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #13801 on: Nov 07, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Good morning ER'S!!!!
45 and WINDY here but the rain has stopped.. now calling for lake effect snow for the weekend!!! I LOVE BOWHUNTING IN THE SNOW!!!!!!!!
Old sailor.... Tske one honey do list project/day.. stretch them out so the list doesnt keep growing!!! Lol
Jeff... Enjoy the grandchildren while they are small!!!! You will undoubtedly play a major part in who they become as adults! It's easy to not see what kind of influence we have in young kids but I know this.. My mom and dad have played a MAJOR part in my kids lives and even though they see them less as they get older they still have helped shape them who they are!
IW.... cannot wait to hear a report on your Maine trip!!! Hope you get the sights on some good wild game!!!!! I've had Maine moose before and it's pretty dang good!!
Last night after running errands and getting deer hides all salted up I was able to get 2 more out of the cooler and into the freezer.. hopefully get 2 cut tonight and tomorrow I can make smoke meat fornthe smoker for the weekend..
I was able to find a guy who wants to work(seems that way anyways) however... he doesnt know how to cut deer.. he does work in the meat room at one of my stops so at least he knows his way around in the meat room and I'm hopeful it doesnt take too much training to get him up to speed on how I do things.. certainly wont be able to get stuff cut quickly but.. as long as I have someone there helping.. maybe I can close up shop by 1030 every night instead of midnight..
Eddie... as far as ticks go.. this year hasnt been quite as bad as other years for some reason.. last year and year before were ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!! Hopefully the decline continues as there is another worse than having a sharp knife in your hand and feeling something crawling on your head ;D
Good day all!!!!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13802 on: Nov 07, 2018, 05:51 AM »
The wind has finally dropped off some this morning. I now have a lot of oak leaves on the lawn that got blown their from the woods across the road. My plans for this morning is to take the van and pull the trailer full of brush etc. to the other property. It is in pretty bad shape so I will leave them both over there to get it out of the way for snow blowing. If I decide to firearm deer hunt I will have the wife drive me over and pick me up when I get done. I will pick some thing up to drive in the spring and take it to the scrap yard a mile away.

Eddie The garage door is not done yet. I did not talk to the guy to find out how he came out on the two hinges we need  yet. The guy wants to use the original torsion springs that I feel are not heavy enough for this door. He wanted to use the original cables as well even though the originals were lighter and had to come off anyway. Short cutting things is not the way go most times.

Is the FX100 the one with the locks like are on a card table on the bottom poles? I noticed some bent to H on a dispaly model where I bought my Kenai so I steared clear of it. Too bad you are not closer as I just sold my Kenai and Aqua View as I can not walk far enought to get out on the ice any more.

Having only one shot you make that one shot count. I shoot more ducks constantly with a single shot than I do with my pump guns. The second and third shot were like hail maries.

IW Good luck on your hunt in Maine. That is one state I would love to visit.

Hoserman I really enjoyed the time I spent at the ski area  at Grayling when there was a trappers convention held their every summer. My grandson was up there twice last summer hauling equipment to the base and picking it back up. He came out of Iowa where he is in the Guard. He is a truck driver with the Guard. He could transfer back to Michigan but will not as they do not have the newer trucks that he loves to drive.

Fishingjohn Hope fully the new guy is an easy train in how to cut deer your way.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13803 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:08 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

32 with snow coming down and a stiff north wind. The lawn has about 2" of accumulation from overnight. We are already at our high for the day with things dropping over the next couple of days.

Eddie the 50 caliber should knock them down :thumbsup: Not sure why I was thinking 12 gauge. You hunt with a long time buddy right?

IW hope you have a fantastic trip :thumbsup: Keep good notes so you can share upon your return.

John good luck with your potential new worker. He will probably be up to speed in no time. :thumbsup: Now I feel something crawling threw my hair  :unsure:

WW hope you are having an excellent time :thumbsup:

Not a lot going on here today. I have some garage things to do and other than that keep the stove going. I need to put the snowblower on, see what the day brings

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Keep safe.

WS

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13804 on: Nov 07, 2018, 07:28 AM »
Good morning everyone,

WW, glad you made the trip safely... enjoy!

WS, glad you're getting the snow and not me yet, even though I would like a little bit. I love the stuff but my wife is complaining enough about the "cold" weather here (have not even frosted yet) and I'm not ready for her snow whining yet  ::)

John, personally I would like a little of your (and WS') snow for hunting also! I cut up my own deer but it's my least favorite part of the hunt. I am VERY fussy about how my meat is trimmed. I can't stand any fat at all on it and I don't grind any so it takes a lot of trimming (and time) for me to meet my own standards! Hope the new guy is a quick learner and helps you pick up the pace. Finding someone who actually wants to work is always way harder than training them! Wish you were a little closer to me- I'd love to try the maple sticks. They sound delicious and I'd probably have to have you make me some!

Capt, still thinking about and praying for you daughter and the rest of your family. Hope things are looking brighter

IW, hope you have a safe trip and a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it! Best of luck  :flex:

TT, I've always said "If you don't have the time or money to do it right the first time, how are you going to have the time or money to do it right the second time?" Hope the guy comes to his senses  ???

H2L, good luck this morning. Hope you get a chance at a big one! Sorry to hear about your daughter's dog. Its always tough to lose a great companion

Eddie, I've always enjoyed looking back at the end of a job and seeing what I have built but sometimes it is fun to just destroy stuff! Hope the demo is going well

Hoser, that kind of weather has been the normal around here. I hate hunting in wind and rain but I haven't had much choice so far this year! Hope we both get some better weather soon

OS, you just have to master the art of looking busy! Hope you still find time to enjoy your own pursuits also

Mr. Clean, I usually have pretty good luck at least seeing deer... getting a shot is a different story  ;) I know our property pretty well but it doesn't matter which spot I choose to hunt, I always end up wondering if I should be someplace else! Guess that's where a little bit of luck helps  ;D

Hope everyone has a great day. Good luck and stay safe!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13805 on: Nov 07, 2018, 08:55 AM »
Good morning everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day. So glad that the elections are over. Was getting tired of the ads. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water and be safe in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13806 on: Nov 07, 2018, 09:40 AM »
CapJ.....hope things are improving on your end.

H2L....so sorry to hear about Tucker ☹️ Please send my sympathies to your daughter.

Service is terrible here....takes forever to get connected so i’m not able to respond much but am following along 😉

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13807 on: Nov 07, 2018, 06:52 PM »
IW.....safe travels, enjoy your trip 😁

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #13808 on: Nov 07, 2018, 07:59 PM »
Evening, Good Evening, Everybody

Let me start by Thanking each & every one of the I.S. members for the thoughts, wishes & prayers offered for my daughter - they are very deeply appreciated

Update - As of right now, she is hooked up to a dialysis machine, in her room, 24/7, till who knows when, the hope is that the kidney gets a 'jumpstart' into working again
     till she can get the transplant - she was still dopey from anesthesia from three days of surgery(Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday) - the surgery was to remove blood clots from her
     legs, as far as I can tell from the Dr.s, the blood flow in her legs is good, that is being checked daily with the dopler machine, the swelling is said to be going down, which
     is good, with all the blood they take from her for testing, I hope her blood counts don't drop too much - Her meds. keep changing daily according to prevailing conditions -
     the wife is holding up better than I expected her too, just taking it 1 day at a time

H2L - Condolences to your daughter on her loss of the best friend

T.T. - Your friend is flirting with disaster if he tries to shortcut things on the door, My first job out of high school, back in 1971, was a garage door co., 5 years with them, if
     the hinges from the old door fit he can use them, don't skimp on the cables or the springs, think safety, not money

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats- Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13809 on: Nov 08, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and 37* this am, high of 47 here today.

Capt.J...thank you for the update, so glad to read the surgeries have been successful. Hoping today brings more positive news  concerning  her kidney....thoughts and prayers sent to you all this morning.
  Jeff...have a safe trip this am, a great time, and best wishes on good weather and knocking down one of those Maine bucks!  :thumbsup:
  H2...wow, sorry to read that about your daughters dog Tucker, my condolences sent as well. Never easy losing your best friends...they're our family members as well.  Hope the hunting went well yesterday, good luck today if heading out.   :thumbsup:

Computer has been acting up again this am. Lost my first post before completing it and the clock is ticking away....will have to try and catch up to you all this afternoon.   Cawfee's on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13810 on: Nov 08, 2018, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning. Thanks for the thoughts about Tucker. Lindsay is doing well. She will be spoiling Rocky now.
 Capt. Jim, thanks for the update. Thoughts are with you.

Was in the woods about 6 hours yesterday. Morning hunt was breezy and the afternoon was very windy. The woods are very wet from all the rain. We will see what today brings.

IW, good luck on your trip....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13811 on: Nov 08, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Good morning Eddie, h2l! Good morning everyone :bow:

Not as cold as predicted, but the 20  degrees will get your attention.

Eddie the gremlins are alive and well here also, hope to get through it this time.

h2l good luck in the woods today :thumbsup:

IW safe travels Sir!

WW sorry to hear the reception is giving you problems, glad you can at least follow along!

Capt. prayers continue for you and your family. One step at a time :thumbsup:

With all the activity on the 9:45 I am sorry for not get to everyone. Very interesting following along with the new posters. It's always amazing how people from all walks of life can become united through the passion of ice fishing :clap:

Today I am going to try and follow through on the snowblower. Yesterday I attacked a drip in the shower that turned into a nightmare, 25 year old plumbing should just be allowed to drip :%$#!:

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13812 on: Nov 08, 2018, 06:13 AM »
Good morning everyone!!!
Capt jim.. sounds like your daughter is in really good hands!! Glad things seem to be progressing in a positive way!  I continue to pray for you and your whole family!
WS.. hopefully the snowblower takes less time than your leaky faucet did!!!
Eddie..isnt technology just a GREAT THING.. lol
It's one of those things that when it works it's great but when it doesnt, we act like the world is coming to an end(my kids cannot he without some form of tech stuff in their hands)
H2l.. go get em.. the bucks are on the move bigtime.. bigger buck have been seen frequently the last couple days..
I was exhausted after work yesterday.. got 1 deer cut.. went over some paperwork and tried to put together a game plan for the weekend work..
I'll he making smoke meat tonight. Training new cutter tomorrow and making more smoke meat.. hoping to gain some ground.. snow coming this weekend so it should be a decent weekend for hunters.. I got a European mount almost done last night.. its drying now and itll go in whitening solution tonight in Hope's to b ready for customer saturday..

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13813 on: Nov 08, 2018, 08:41 AM »

The elk my nephew got in CO...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13814 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:35 AM »
H2l.. congrats to your nephew!! good looking elk..  hopefully he shares some steaks with his uncle!!!!!!!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13815 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day.

Captain J prayers sent for you and your family. Hope your wife gets a transplant thing.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13816 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:45 AM »
CapJ.....prayers sent for continued signs of improvement in your daughters condition.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #13817 on: Nov 08, 2018, 02:44 PM »
To All Members of the 9:45

My daughter complicated today(Thursday) at the hospital, about 3:15 this morning, her heart stopped, she was revived and put on a ventilator, when I saw her this morning,
     about 8:30, after talking to Dr.s & nurses, I noticed her eyes were fixed and dilated, after consulting with more people and her husband, she was placed in the care of hospice, the ventilator was removed, and she passed quietly and peacefully surrounded by family and close friends

R.I.P. Melisa

Again, I would like to extend the most heartfelt thanks from our family to ALL of the I.S. family for your thought and prayers - Thank You
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13818 on: Nov 08, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Capt Jim, my deepest sympathies to you and your family and friends of Melisa. So sorry for your loss!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13819 on: Nov 08, 2018, 03:20 PM »
  Capt.Jim....My heart goes out to you and the family, I am so very sorry to read about the loss of your daughter.
  I know there aren't any words I can type that will stop your pains, but please know, as a parent and a friend, I share them with you. My Sincere Condolences to you and all the family members and friends. May God hold you all in his  hands and comfort you through this most difficult time.  RIP Melisa

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13820 on: Nov 08, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Capt. Jim,
There are no words that can express all of our sorrow felt over the loss of your daughter. May you and your family take comfort in knowing that she is no longer suffering and has found peace. We are all here for you and you are all certainly in our thoughts and prayers as you move forward at this difficult time. I am very sorry for your loss!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13821 on: Nov 08, 2018, 03:53 PM »
Capt. Jim

I am so sorry about the loss of your daughter. My thoughts, prayers and heart goes out to you and your entire family. May she find piece with God. 

Godspeed Melisa.

Marv

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13822 on: Nov 08, 2018, 04:09 PM »
CapJ.....so very sorry for you loss  :'(  may you find comfort and peace in all your cherished memories of Melisa. RIP Melisa

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13823 on: Nov 08, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Capt. Jim condolences to your family and your daughters friends. I wish you all well.

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13824 on: Nov 08, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Capt. Jim I can't express how profoundly sorry I am for your loss. Good lord be with you and the family.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13825 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Capt jim..
I've only recently become part of this thread BUT... I looked tonight JUST TO SEE IF THERE WAS A POSITIVE UPDATE..
There are NO WORDS that can help.. just know that we all here are deeply saddened by this sad news!!!
Surround yourselves by loved ones and between the lord and them may you and your wife find comfort in these trying and most difficult times

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13826 on: Nov 08, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Good evening. Capt.Jim ditto all the sentiments already posted my condolences to your family on Melisa's passing. As a ministers son I urge you to speak with your clergy and do therapy  with them or other therapist if any of you feel the need also do not change any Holiday season plans things will be hard this year but will get better with time. Know your daughter is in the care and comfort of the lord.
I also extend my prayers to all involve with Wednesday's night shooting in California.
In happier news saw in my local newspaper this year's Rockfeller Center Christmas tree is coming from neighboring Town of Newburgh (72 foot Norway Spruce) . Also good news on sale of house new closing set for next week.
Ice Wanderer do not know when you will see this but may you have arrived safely to your hunting camp in Maine and your hunting party and you see plenty of deer activity.
Eddie good to read demo work is progressing well , what is the projected completion date for all the work to Capital building and Empire State Plaza area.
Wallyworld hope you are having a good visit with your friends glad you are able to follow this thread in spite of hit/miss internet connection. Have any received any reports from Mr.WW may he also be seeing deer activity in his hunting area.
Whopper Stopper how did the snow blower work go today . Sorry to hear plumbing drip was a hassle to correct.
OldSailor try to complete one project at a time on the "Honey Do" list so you can fish and do other things you enjoy during your so called "free time" .
Fishinjohn may you new employee learn fast and help you handle this year's deer processing work load. Quite to operation you have built between butchering and smoking/meat product making plus doing European mounts.
Derrefishyfishy I think anyone who hunts or fishes will always wonder if things would go better in a different location. I've also have seen little or no activity fishing from a dock another fishermen or party arrive and suddenly they are bringing in fish cast after cast. Once in a while I get lucky and I'm that person and receive compliments from the other anglers and asked for advice on how to catch fish.
Hoserman best to you with hunting this weekend may any snow you receive get deer moving and aid you in tracking.
Hunts2long condolences to your daughter on loss of her older dog. Glad she has Rocky to keep her busy and help her get through the loss. May you also have goo hunting if heading out tomorrow and this weekend. Thank you for photo of your nephew's elk.

To others whose post/comments I have not replied to will go back a page/pages to read your latest words. Stay safe everyone be back tomorrow to see what is new here on the 9:45 .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13827 on: Nov 09, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 29* this am, high of 40 today with rain expected by early afternoon.

Capt.Jim...keeping you all close in my thoughts and prayers today Sir.
  Steve...due to the size and what seems to be a never ending maintenance issue at the Empire State Plaza and surrounding buildings, I don't believe there is any type of actual completion date, nothing I'm aware of anyway. Believe the work to be performed each year is pretty much based on the budget and how much $ is allocated. Congratulations on the closing date!     :thumbsup:
  Marv...up until last year, my county was a shotgun only zone, until they approved rifles. A few years prior to that, they allowed the use of a black powder rifle during the season. You were right on my long time hunting buddy, this will be our 41st season hunting together, hard to believe!
  John...hope the new hand works out well for you, great job on the Euro mount!   :thumbsup:
  H2...thanks for sharing the picture of your nephew, what a beautiful Elk!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  I-45...hope the injections have helped you Sir and surgery isn't necessary at this point yet.   :thumbsup:

Apologies to several people I missed this am, will try to catch up again this afternoon.
  We've been pouring sidewalks the last few days, today they're rolling the dice we can escape the rain again.   
  Started our 3rd annual Mouse Harvest at the shop yesterday as there has been many sightings, trap lines were set with peanut butter, will keep you posted.  Cawfee's on....
   Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13828 on: Nov 09, 2018, 03:55 AM »
Good morning 945's..
Capt jim... I continue to pray for you and your family..
WS.. due tell us.. how was the snowblower project??
Eddie... a mouse hunt ehh? Sounds like that could be fun and entertaining.. please share results when you have a tally..
 Had to run daughter to dance and pick her up so between the running,  getting dinner,  cleaning up, and packing school lunches ect. I didnt have much time left over to get anything cut last night.. I did make 120#s of smoke meat and got euro ready for whitening(that should be all this afternoon).. I did get one in last night..Made my oldest come out and skin for me(he was mad at me) but I dont care..New hire coming around 4.. hopefully we can get cooler cleared(only 3 hanging) and I can make another 50#s of smoke meat..
Well.. coffee just got done.. time to get ready for the real job!!!!
Stay safe fellas

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13829 on: Nov 09, 2018, 04:28 AM »
First off, let me add my condolences to those of all of the other ER's  to those expressed for Capt. Jim ans his family on the passing of Melisa. You will be in my prayers and thoughts!! I've heard it said that a child  should not pass before the parents! RIP Melisa !
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.