Author Topic: Which lake is it going to be this year?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Which lake is it going to be this year?
« on: Nov 28, 2018, 04:45 PM »
 I just got off work, and as I impatiently wait for some ice to form here in Nebraska I can’t help but think of my upcoming trips to the Webster area and I am wondering what lake is gonna be the hot lake this year?  I love icefishing in general so if I’m catching fish I’m happy, but something about those jumbo perch get me fired up!  Bitter has basically sucked last two years, but I did have one great night catching eyes. Waubay was  pretty good at the beginning of the year and then Went cold, Hazelton was hot 2&3 years ago but I think it has been over fished.  So  what lake do you guys think is gonna be the go to Lake this winter, if you care to share LOL?

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Which lake is it going to be this year?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2018, 05:46 PM »
 Just have a little fun, to each their own, I went on seven trips up there last year for a total of 22 days. Waubay, bitter, Hazelton, (upper & lower), optiz, enemy swim, Linn lake, hour glass, wood tick.  I forgot about big stone as another hot lake last year.  I was just trying to start a fun conversation, let’s say somebody answered my post and said they think bitter will be back this year, is that giving away their secret spot? Lol. “Dude”  I do go up there and just fish, I was out there April 7th when there wasn’t a soul around on bitter or Waubay or optiz running and gunning  and I live 5 1/2hours away.  To add to that, I have caught a lot of fish, and some nice ones, so I’m not trying to have anyone give their secret spots, though there are quite a few people that I have met on here that can attest to me given them spots, there’s a good guy I met on here from Kansas that went up last year with a group and they were struggling, and I put them on the mother load, on Waubay,off the buckshot access in the main Basin. If I remember right four of them limited out on walleye and perch their last day of fishing. Again, just trying to have a little fun to see what everybodys  there is our this year. sorry I’m getting accused of trying to mooch off somebody else’s spot  and not putting in the effort. Lol tight lines my friends!!!!!

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:49 PM »
Dude your just going to have to go up there and fish. There is a difference between fishing and following. You might be suprised what you can find on your own. No one up there is going to share there secret spot, even the guides have quit sharing there best locations. Can you blame them would you like to see 200+ people converged on your hottest fishing lake?  Just saying. I can attest to some of your statements are not true. But again i am not a follower

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Just curious, what do you (attest) to, that is not true?  My post was based off of many, many days of fishing, a dozen other people that I know that fished that area last year, fishing reports and it was JUST my opinion. Oh yeah, I think the hot bite will be off bitter/ the 443 Access is gonna be where u want to get on. You know where that is right? Shhhh, don’t tell anyone!

Offline majic0135

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Latest info I got/heard/etc,,, Waubay lake off buckshot,,, Main basin,,, I am still muzzle loader deer hunting and chasing roosters so hope to get that wrapped up soon so I can go fish,,,   
majic

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2018, 06:26 PM »
I don't think there is really all that many secrets if guys want to do some research. Usually a good place to start is looking at the DNR reports.  A person can pretty much look at the reports and figure out the fish populations and sizes that the lake has to help target lakes for a successful trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.