The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Wilhelm  (Read 13017 times)

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
Re: Lake Wilhelm
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2007, 04:27 PM »
I drove by Wilhelm today and there isn't 3 to 4 inches of snow on the lake maybe on the ground but not on the ice.  There is only inch if that.  The shore line looked wet in the afternoon.
[]

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Just to clear things up, I did not say there was 3 to 4 inches ON the ice, although there is wet snow on the ice which insulates it.  The weather man is calling for 2 to 4 inches of new snow in the Wilhelm area.

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Fishin madman I don't know what it has on it right now but on Sat. Sugar Lake had a 1/2 inch on it.   If you hear anything let me know.
[]

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Velcro, any pockets of open water that you can see? I also heard that theres around 2 inches down by the road that takes you to the Little causeway, cant think of the name.The road by the winery.  Anyone do any test holes anywhere?
How much ice do you need?

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Madman I did not drill any test holes while I was there. The shorelines were so soft every where I got out to look I couldn't. The ice at the Sheakleyville causeway up by the winery looks pretty much the same as every where else. There was water out in the middle of the lake in a few spots or else it was water laying on the ice. Most were not any Bigger then 10 yards across. Maybe Velcro got to check some test holes and he knows. I usually fish at 3 Posts or down by launch 1 and towards the dam. I use caution and do not go onto the ice unless I am sure that it is good.  I tend to err on the side of safety first.  I've lived all my life in this area, and was here before Wilhelm. I'm pretty familiar with the lake and have spent a lot of time there year round.                  icecube

nch 1and towards the d**n

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #65 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:59 PM »
Like icecube said there is still a small opening or what I would guess is a opening in the middle, down between Launch 1 and the Dam.  This morning I made it out three or four steps but forgot my auger at home.  I'll put it in my truck tonight and hopefully get a test hole or two in the morning.

Icecube are you in Franklin School District?
[]

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Thanx for the info guys, all is appreciated as I'm an hour away.

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:52 PM »
Velcro, I live in Lakeview school district. Also went to school at Lakeview. Have a fair amount of friends that went to school at Franklin. You seem to know quite a bit about the area do you live around Franklin? Do you fish Kahle Lake? I would like to get to know that lake a little better.  I have fished it a little. I also fish Shenango Lake more so on ice than summer. I'm a pan fisherman mostly.Also fish Sugar and Woodcock and  Stoneboro (Sandy Lake).        Icecube

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #68 on: Jan 24, 2007, 04:38 AM »
hey icecube anyone check woodcock great walleye and perch lake   mofish
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:58 AM »
Icecube I'm from Franklin, I lived there all my life.  I teach in Sandy Lake at the Boro building.  As for Khale Lake I wish I fished it more.  One day last year this guy was killing panfish with a  Kastmasters while everyone else wasn't doing so well.  But there also was some nice eye on the ice that day.  I love bass fishing Stoneboro in the summer, its a blast!!!

Very little snow last night in franklin that has to be a good thing !!!!!!
[]

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 24, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Mofish, I haven't been up to Woodcock. Last rumor I heard though was that the water was higher than normal winter pool. Don't know that for sure though so I wouldn't know if that is going to mess that Lake up or not, or if it would.  It is about an hour from me so I don't fish it as much as I would like. With the price of gas now it makes it a little expensive to travel to much.  Mostly fish Wilhelm and Shenango.  Hopefully will get to meet some of you guys on the ice this year.    icecube

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 24, 2007, 01:28 PM »
sounds like a wilhelm get together  if the LORD be willing     mofish
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline bluegill7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 24, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Any word on the ice up at the stumps? Seen some of the info. on the ice around launch 1, and went out a few days ago. Looks like the weather is here in Sandy Lake is calling to be alittle colder until sat., but haven't made the drive out Creek Rd. to check on the ice in the stumps. Anyone know the conditions at the log-jam?

Offline Chuckles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2007, 04:44 PM »
Chuckles here......Stopped at the Sheakleyville causeway this afternoon.....went down over the bank on the boat launch side.
There's an inch of snow and about 2" of ice 4 or 5 ft. from shore. With temps getting down in the single digits Friday night we just may be able to do some fishing Saturday.  

Save a few for seed.
Chuckles

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 24, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Thanx for the report chuckles, Maybe just maybe if we dont get a ton of snow with this cold shot we will be able to get out Saturday and I can have the rest of the winter to let my hair grow back. I need a ice fishing fix!

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 24, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Doesn't look good at launch 1 I tried to walk out on the ice to drill a test hole but it was only 1 inch if that and about 1 1/2 of wet frozen slush. I made six steps breaking ice every step!!!  I made it out as far as my gum boots let me.
[]

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 24, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Doesn't look good a launch 1 I tried to it on the ice to drill a test hole but it was only 1 inch if that and about 1 1/2 of frozen slush.
So Velcro are you saying theres 21/2 inches total to include the frozen slush and how far did you venture out?

Offline bluegill7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Jan 25, 2007, 05:07 PM »
drove the whole lake tonight at 5:00. the wind seemed to take some of the snow off of the lake and temps are possibly getting into single digits low teens here in sandy lake. drove the whole way to the log jam above I-79 and same situation up there as well-slush. my dog stepped on to the edge and broke through. Weekend may be pushing it. 

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 26, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Guys put a post under the conditions page.

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #79 on: Jan 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Two shanties on the ice this morning.  THey must be nuts!!!
[]

Offline fishin madman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 26, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Where did you see the shanties? I guess Ill be another one of those nuts in the am.

Offline velcro29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish ON!!!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 26, 2007, 05:54 PM »
The two shanties were 30 to 40 out in the narrow part down by the dam.
[]

Offline rusjen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:34 PM »
                 what is the stump area look like for ice? :o :tipup:

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 28, 2007, 09:13 PM »
you got to poke and hope ice near shore was 3 to 5 inches back in the bay got thinner towards deeper water  lots of snow callin for 3 to 7 tonite had 6 on the ground  hloes freezin up wind chills of below zero     mofish

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:28 AM »
Please make all ice conditions and fishing reports in the Lake Wilhelm report and condition post that is already started. ---> http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=17229.0   
Thanks, Bean
Ken                                          

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:20 AM »
sorry bean seems to be floating all over the road will try harder to stay on track   mofish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.