The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur  (Read 11333 times)

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Arthur
« Reply #60 on: Jan 28, 2021, 07:41 AM »
Hi Joe
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline bigtalljoebrown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 28, 2021, 08:20 AM »
Hello. I got the car all loaded. Headed to MC after work. Pump to finally get out.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2021, 09:42 AM »
hey john how you been

Offline Huntermccall157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2021, 10:45 AM »
Buddy called from our local fire dept. saying beaver co water rescue was on stand by for an incident at moraine an hour ago any news ? Hoping anyone involved is out safe. Be safe my friends

Offline Wildflower

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 28, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Park rangers requested all units cancel at 11:14.

They found a hole with no tracks.
Go where the wind takes you.

Offline SPLASHMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 28, 2021, 02:48 PM »
Talked to a guy last night coming off the ice, Someone had gone through the ice hours before. He managed to get back topside safely.

Offline Huntermccall157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2021, 03:17 PM »
Gonna hit moraine or Kahle around 8 tonight for some panfish if anyone gets bored 🤙

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 28, 2021, 03:41 PM »
Good Joe, how have you been
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline jonesy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:47 AM »

Those 4" bluegills are about to have a bad day

Offline Thebighammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2021, 10:38 AM »
Nice fish!

Offline Stevanus17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 04, 2021, 11:43 AM »
Looking to fish Arthur this weekend. Only fished it during the summer a few times so not real familiar with even where to walk out in the ice on. I hear muddy creek and Shannon but don’t know where either are at or where to launch out of. Any help?

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 04, 2021, 04:09 PM »
Looking to fish Arthur this weekend. Only fished it during the summer a few times so not real familiar with even where to walk out in the ice on. I hear muddy creek and Shannon but don’t know where either are at or where to launch out of. Any help?

go to the dnr state park website and download the map of the lake.  it'll have the names of those places on it

Offline Stevanus17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 04, 2021, 04:12 PM »
Thanks will do , about an hour away so how’s the ice before I make the trip ? Decent temps lately but better to come next week. Khale had 6 on it last week so wondering what it was like for Arthur

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:39 AM »
with your post count you should be able to see the reports board (right above this section) ... there's postings by lake there.  The Arthur post there will have the most up to date information there. 

Offline jaeger80

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:10 AM »
The ice on muddy is getting thick with the slush freezing. Too bad the fish aren't getting thicker. Watch out for air/water pockets under the surface crust. There were spots that were prob 7".  I didn't lay the tape to it though.

Offline Dmags

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Feb 05, 2021, 12:22 PM »
Hey all new to the forum. We were at Mcdaniels launch last night about 50 yards out from the launch, nothing crazy couple gills and perch. Ice was about 6in there. It was a little dicey from boat ramp left ,2 hits with the spud and it was through. Tight lines, clean holes and be safe!

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 05, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Hey all new to the forum. We were at Mcdaniels launch last night about 50 yards out from the launch, nothing crazy couple gills and perch. Ice was about 6in there. It was a little dicey from boat ramp left ,2 hits with the spud and it was through. Tight lines, clean holes and be safe!

This is a dangerous year for ice if you don’t know what to look for. If you are not using a spud to get around to those untouched areas you are asking for a swim. I hit an area this week and had a solid 4-5 following some previous tracks ahead of me. Went down to 2 inches of not so good ice for a 10 yard stretch. Walked around it spudding and got back onto the tracks. Talked to the fella on the way out at the end of the tracks and he had no idea, no spud or spikes and he was the only other guy out there which means he walked out there alone with no plan if he took a dip
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline minnook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 05, 2021, 07:30 PM »
Wow that’s scary and dumb

Offline Startinout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 07, 2021, 02:45 AM »
We fished east end of the island by the dam on the beach side.  Had about 4 inches of ice, but 50 yards away there was open water along the flat that is now submerged since they the water is so low.  And sand all over the ice i guess blowing off the shore.  Fishing was lousy

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Where do you guys park to fish near the cabins?

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2021, 12:37 PM »
You go down the road like you’re going towards the cabins and right before you get to where it says you can’t go any further unless you have a cabin there is a short road on the right you just go down that road and park walk over the walking trail and down the trail to the lake short walk or you got a wash the house over there sometimes it doesn’t always freeze uniformly

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2021, 12:38 PM »
Watch the ice stay away from the Beaver huts

Offline Crensel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Feb 12, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Anyone have any luck targeting walleyes? Got any tips if so? I usually go for them shallow water chunky bass with tipups, but was thinking it'd be cool to ice some eyes for some good eats.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 12, 2021, 01:59 PM »
It's a tough lake for them through the ice but they are around.  Deep water structure is the key.  The road beds are a good starting point too.  We primarily use jigging rap style lures, ripping rap style lures, and blade baits.  The best times are first and last light.       

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.