The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: first ice, best guess  (Read 6379 times)

Offline Eyemadness354

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: first ice, best guess
« Reply #60 on: Dec 02, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Well I'm happy to say ponds had skim ice on them again  this morning I seen... And after Wednesday looks like the cold is here so shouldn't be long I will try to get out and check some spots next weekend to see if they have caped over shouldn't take long water temps are where they need to be....😁😁😁

Offline Robbie L

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 02, 2017, 05:29 PM »
I was at Merli Sarnoski today, Most of the lake was iced over....Best guess for fishing ice for me in NEPA
is Dec. 20......       Rob

Offline mike r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 08, 2017, 03:32 PM »
SOON I HOPE

Offline supervdl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:42 PM »
 5 inches of snow and still snowing at my house in NEPA - hope this doesn't throw us back on the timing for first ice

Offline dickerson_jared

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 09, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Posted on a private Facebook page this morning. Somebody beat us all to it.

"Yeah, well, listen Dr. D*pcrap - you've obviously never been ice fishing before.
No, I haven't.
Well it's f*cking exhilarating."
-Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Dec 10, 2017, 09:35 AM »
If iverything works out I may be on some water at somewhat well known spot end of this week.  Had about an inch yesterday, and I can’t see it not making at least 3 or 4 more with this weather we’re about to get

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:48 AM »
I stood on ice yesterday ,but not enough to fish
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #67 on: Dec 10, 2017, 02:28 PM »
If iverything works out I may be on some water at somewhat well known spot end of this week.  Had about an inch yesterday, and I can’t see it not making at least 3 or 4 more with this weather we’re about to get
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
ya me too
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:43 PM »
THE FIHING STARS WILL BE ON MUDDY CREEK ....ON THE LAKE OF LA.......
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Online RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 10, 2017, 05:08 PM »
5 inches of snow and still snowing at my house in NEPA - hope this doesn't throw us back on the timing for first ice

I think we’re ok! We got 6+ in Pike Co, but it apparently got absorbed and my local lake is capped with an inch of ice.

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:21 PM »
The biggest help for us is if a lake had open water the snow would push down whatever ice it had and help flood it which would freeze up and add to the ice thickness.  I checked a spot yesterday and that's what happened.  My big concern is that we don't end up getting snow every couple of days and it builds up a thick blanket on the ice, that'll be a problem.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 10, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Don't know if it's muddy creek but it will be LA. 2" inches of hard clear and the dare devils will be dancing for those tasty bass. Glad we all got float suits.

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Dec 10, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Better hope for absolutely perfect conditions for LA unless you plan on fishing the super shallows. Still a lot of open water    On Saturday.  Not saying it can’t happen but it’s not worth gambling

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Dec 11, 2017, 01:22 AM »
Really ducksnbucks,you don't think risking your life over 4 fifteen inch bass is worth it. Came on it's party time.lol

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Dec 11, 2017, 04:47 AM »
its hard to believe your an ice fisherman.or woman?

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:24 AM »
I think they will be safe,disable ice in way he county this weekend.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:24 AM »
I don't think the snow is gonna hurt much. But I'm gonna be careful and not waste my time trying to walk out onto an inch or 2. Some guys tend to think they are super coolio cuz they walked on thin ice and caught a fish. whoopeee. Something to post on facebook. All it takes is that one time that stuff happens to ruin your day... or your widows day. Is a few fish really worth not being there for your kids graduation, wedding, grandkids... NO. No fish is worth risking your life over in this day and age. If you're standing over shallow water I say what the heck, have fun and be prepared to be laughed at. But if it's more than 4-5 ft, you are risking a lot. If it's deeper water, well... just leave a note so they know where to start looking.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Dec 11, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Absolutely right Spider 1. My lucky days of being the first one on the ice are over. I always had to be the first one on,took plenty of chances... To be young and dumb is one thing and think your invincible........ but to be old and dumb is another..I'll be on when there's 4", I'm sure there will be some fish left. lol  I hope we have a long and stable ice conditions. I sort of got use to ice fishing three months a few years back.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Dec 11, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Hey Captain, what part of the state are you from? I just checked the long range and they are saying cold temps with a moderate to light chance of snow in the NE for the next month. They said we would get a few nuisance snow storms but nothing crippling. Looks like we will have a good season!  :tipup:

Online RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Dec 11, 2017, 07:13 AM »
You’re right Spider! You won’t catch me WALKING on 2 or 3”!!!!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Yep 4 inches nothing less for me, I have way too much to live for and I'll be damned if my kids are going to loose their Dad over a fish.

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Dec 11, 2017, 03:39 PM »

Last year I did not ice fish was on a lake to ck ice  found the ice to at most 31/2 ins.  Gin clear Thought  2 more days and we will ha 4 ins...but did  not get on it rained and more rained ...warm temps ... my buddy and I did a first put the boat in the bay in Eire in February temps in mid 60s and 70s....ticket for jumbo perch 5 trips  5 double limits of perch some Steel Head ... and gills....but would loved to be on ice but so goes it ...hope to be walking on ice this year ....4 ins or more. Be safe don’t take word of others ck ice for your self on safe ice....MERRY CHRISTMAS ....AND hope Santa brings us safe ice
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Dec 11, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Long term forecast changed again.  Only have sun mon and Tuesday for rain.  And high temps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.