The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: if anyone  (Read 2648 times)

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
if anyone
« on: Aug 30, 2005, 06:02 AM »
Has not been out catfishing this year on the Susqy get out!! Fishing has been great!! All over the river!! If you can find em get some clam snouts!! They have been working great!! All the fish we are catching are ranging anywhere from 16-33 inches!! A lot of fun when you are constantly running after your rod!! If you can not find snouts at any of your local shops. Check with Ron's Wholesale Bait 717-652-1552 they defenitely have them!! Anyway if you can get out hang on to those rods!! It can be fast and furious at times!!
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: if anyone
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2005, 01:57 PM »
What the heck is a clam snout ???
      Jim

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I think I saw a couple on Cinemax last night about midnight.....LOL!

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2005, 06:41 AM »
LMAO!!! ;D!!! Well that is a good question i have no clue what the hell it is either? All i know is they stay on the hook really good and they work really good!! It almost looks like a big pile of snot hanging on your hook! But like i said it stays on your hook really well..

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Ken, a couple quick questions, if I may. How thick is the ice? Are you fishing these snouts under a tip-up or jigging. Are you marking anything other than the catfish?
I got one at LB a couple years ago, hit a jigging rap.

I'm ready............ ;D ;D ;D
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:22 PM »
Well the ice is a little shady but i think it is cold enough that we should be ok!! Markin some walleyes too but just have not been able to coax them into hitting! Soon enough!! We are fishing them on tip ups and trying to jig em up with some chicken livers!! No kiddin on LB? Well i might have to get my snouts out there soon!! How thick is the ice there? YOU R READY??? DAMN I AM SO READY FOR THIS YEAR'S ICE SEASON!!!!

igloolou

« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2005, 02:42 PM »
 ??? I don't know what they are but they are disgusting as h*ll.  I used them for catfish bait on the sasafrass river in Md. didnt,t catch many cats on them switched to cut bait instead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.