The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: i think its over  (Read 7224 times)

Offline deam

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: i think its over
« Reply #60 on: Mar 08, 2010, 03:59 PM »
20 inches of ice, you got a long way to go!! Used an alumimun extension ladder streched out to get to thick ice, kind of like one of those indian rope ladders on a amusement pier walking on it. The only problem when the ladder bringer went home every body did!!
YO!!! Give a local fellow a chance!!!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2010, 05:57 PM »
My stuff is all put away & my season is over. If I am going drive a long way to catch fish I will wait a month or so. I would rather waste my gas on a shore trip. See yall next year. The capt.   :bow:

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #62 on: Mar 08, 2010, 06:06 PM »
I hate ice fishing and gettin sun burned 2 days in a row and look like again tomorrow  ;D ;D...16in of ice  ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 08, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Ski, I here that! I'm still red faced from Sat. I'm jealous that anyone gets to fish two days in a row, much less three. Happened to me once all season.:( Be safe everyone, the sun's rays are getting way stronger; if you are crisped, the ice is taking way more of a beating as well.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:25 PM »
My stuff's put away till next year, just ordered a new fly rod, cant wait till it gets here

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #65 on: Mar 09, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Ski, I here that! I'm still red faced from Sat. I'm jealous that anyone gets to fish two days in a row, much less three. Happened to me once all season.:( Be safe everyone, the sun's rays are getting way stronger; if you are crisped, the ice is taking way more of a beating as well.

I fished all day in shorts and a tshirt...My arms, face, ect are all burned already so I don't have to worry about going out fishing in the summer  ;D ;D

We lost maybe an inch of ice today if that...hopefully this rain wipes out whats left of the frozen snow on top...breaking through the 3-4" of frozen stuff every few steps when hiking back a 1/2mi wasn't too much fun...atleast my waterproof boots kept me nice and dry while my brothers feet were completely soaked  ;)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Mar 09, 2010, 07:49 PM »
Fishing last Sat reminded me of skiing in Colorado in the spring. I just started a new job or I'd be up there tomorrow. My bud arkansas pete is meeting Dr. JM up on the plateau tomorrow, and I'll be thinking about them while trudging through my day. Keep us posted; my stuffs in the garage, but could get into the truck in a hurry if necessary. ;) If that doesn't happen, there are always lots of gills and crappies on our local lake this time of year. ;D Now if they would only stop dumping in all those darn muskies. ;)

Offline arkansaspete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #67 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:04 AM »
Yea its over for me now but was out with J Miser yesterday an had a great day caught some nice calico an fat perch. A good ending to a good season see yall next December stay safe.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:   A/P

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #68 on: Mar 11, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Who says theres no pike in Eastern PA  :whistle: :whistle:

and no ice left  :whistle: :whistle:

Now if they would only stop dumping in all those darn muskies. ;)

They do wonders keeping the dink crappie populations in check. I'm hopefully gonna make it down your way this year to fish for crappies and see if I can give a few toothies sore jaws  ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #69 on: Mar 11, 2010, 03:30 PM »
I like the fishing attire Ski....I'm jealous... :'(

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #70 on: Mar 12, 2010, 03:46 AM »
now that s the way to fish huh ski ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nice pike :thumbsup:

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Mar 12, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Hey mike,, what do you mix that mountain dew with??? ;)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #72 on: Mar 12, 2010, 02:04 PM »
Hey mike,, what do you mix that mountain dew with??? ;)

:whistle: :whistle: ;D ;D  just not on thin/ late ice but now its time to start thinking shad, stripers and camping on the Big D  ;D ;D

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #73 on: Mar 12, 2010, 06:09 PM »
its pooring down rain now, with wind.  My stuff will likely hit the shed next sunday.   speaking of sheds I might go looking fir some sheds early next week and then start to get my open water stuff around for the shad and stripers like ski said they are not that far away. 

Mike I will let you know when i here of the shad showing up around milford.  your welcome on my boat anytime if you want to meet up.  usually second week of trout season when i here of the stripers. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #74 on: Mar 12, 2010, 06:32 PM »
its pooring down rain now, with wind.  My stuff will likely hit the shed next sunday.   speaking of sheds I might go looking fir some sheds early next week and then start to get my open water stuff around for the shad and stripers like ski said they are not that far away. 

Mike I will let you know when i here of the shad showing up around milford.  your welcome on my boat anytime if you want to meet up.  usually second week of trout season when i here of the stripers. 

I appreciate the offer Dave...you always have a spot in my boat if you feel like fishing a bit further south on the river (I have a few holes that produce stripers pretty much year round plus some nice eyes  ;D). Lets just hope she don't blow out every other week like last year

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 14, 2010, 09:58 AM »
My stuff is back in the garage; crappie, gills and perch are calling (open water). Also my fly rod needs some exercise. It will take a little while for the streams to come down after this rain; 4.5'' and still coming down. ???

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
« Reply #76 on: Mar 14, 2010, 08:03 PM »
I have de-rigged all the ice rods and they're in the basement.  Will stay there til next Jan if things go normal.  I did purposefully take some extra days off work this past season and had some good fun while at it.  Will plan to do that routinely in the future.  Life is too short to put off doing what you love to do.  We all have one less ice season left so best enjoy them all we can.

Time for some openwater thrills and laughs. 

Will be plugging back in here when the weather gets cold in the late fall.

Tight lines and screaming drags!

jjT

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.