New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: **Chautauqua Lake BS**  (Read 413490 times)

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: **Chautauqua Lake BS**
« Reply #570 on: Mar 08, 2013, 10:31 PM »
fished mayville lots of dinks manage a few 7.5 and a few 8  and only one 9.5 bite was slow   not as good as tuesday  about 30-35 guys out on the ice today friday  a few crappies caught and gills saw a pic of 5lb largemouth  bass nice fish over 20inch  most everyone was saying small perch again

Offline Postletown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Working to afford bait!
« Reply #571 on: Mar 09, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Beer Pong? hmmmm, that sounds enticing lol
-Chris

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #572 on: Mar 09, 2013, 09:57 AM »
walleye pong!  you catch an undersized one, you chug!!!!

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #573 on: Mar 09, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Damn right - game going right now.  Perfect day. Got about 25 guys, their kids and girlfriends out here. Good party. Perch all over the ice. Kids are loving it, and the food is awesome! Still got time for you internet fisherman to come out. Be here till the sun goes dowwn.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #574 on: Mar 09, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Where are you fishing at?

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #575 on: Mar 09, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Chautauqua lake. About 45 mins south of buffalo.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #576 on: Mar 09, 2013, 05:27 PM »
how was the fishing saturday on the lake any bigger perch  and how was the bite on the gills and cali's  calico's    catch some fish

Offline chuckieobrien1966

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #577 on: Mar 09, 2013, 05:50 PM »
Oh my, you fellas are not going to believe this. This very subject of these big perch came up just yesterday while fishing with my charming friend Maurice, on the southerly most lower west quadrant of the lake, in what seemed to be a wallowing channel just below us. We spoke in depth of this very subject. Maurice always seems to have the most logical graphic approach to describing his vigilant manner in which he pursues his perch fishing. Often he will speak candidly of the large perch, as if they actually had an impact, in direct conjunction with the walleye population, and the respective size, or even the density of the fishes flesh, which will increase it's weight per inch ratio. His vast knowledge, precipitates an unknown, yet influencing phenomenon, that bears relevance to the various duty points of the lake. Meaning the where's, whys, and how comes are most likely best left to the higher powers, and to focus more on the things in life, and fishing techniques we have the ability to manage ourselves. That Maurice always shares the best kept secrets, and I've been listening to him for years. He's learned most of this from his "Sister" Monique, a concrete form stripper of all things, about the science, and math of picking apart a known given, and modifying it to have the least direct impact, in conjunction with all the various variables that might, and can modify a balancing biological system such as the Chautauqua Lake Eco system. He said, she said, that on any given day, a diligent fisherman should be prepared for the worst case scenario, and then to hope for the best. Hence, for this weeks fishing outing, he says. "Go to Walgreen's before this weekend, and buy the three pack of Banana Raspberry Chapstick", because they are having a wonderful sale as we speak. Believe it or not, it's 10 cents off right now. That's right fellas, that's a 10 cent savings. Then he says, to take this Chapstick, and to rub it all over a number 12 Gamagutzu style stainless steel treble hook, using it sparingly on the tips of  :whistle:, and your minds will be blown by this product, and it's powerful unknown secret ingredient that interacts with the stainless steel, (almost like the WD40 theory of fishing), and as it culminates with this select Gama steel, it resonates almost as a tuning fork of sorts, to attract "only" the biggest fish. I personally have not tried this shared phenomenon myself, but if Monique shared this with her brother Maurice, my friend, it has to be true.   I just wanted to take this moment to "Let The Cat Out Of The Bag" per say, and unravel some of the secrets to catching those bigger perch in this lake.
WOW :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:    :unsure:
Enjoy today as if it was your last...

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #578 on: Mar 09, 2013, 06:56 PM »
I know that. What area is guess I should have said?

Offline Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #579 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:35 AM »
Don't want to ask on the reports and conditions page but could someone who fishes till end of day Sunday at Pendergrast please report conditions of shore and lake ice? I would like to try one more time Monday but don't want to drive 65 miles to find no access! Thanks, Duke

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #580 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:43 AM »
What a party!!!!! Hijinks and crew sure know how make it happen.  What did you do with all those perch????
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Member N.E.W.C  Northeastern Walleye Circuit
Member of NAIFC "North American Ice Fishing Circuit" 2002 Pro-AM Qualifier                      
Member of W.I.F.L.  Wisconsin Ice Fishing League
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #581 on: Mar 10, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Spaco, Harold and myself were up till 2 am fileting them. Not sure what the final count was but it was close to 500 we ended up doing. All of them were over 8 inches.  Just a note to all the "whistleblowers" that all the fish were from our crew and we volunteered to clean them for a nominal price of a bottle of larceny bourbon. It was a party though. Final head count was 28 folks. We finished all the food met some new friends and put some fish on the ice. Highlight was the musky from ktronss kid. 44 inch slob. Out this pm to put some more eyes in the freezer.

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #582 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Slow night. 3 of us only managed 6 eyes. Few subpar 18 inchers and only 1 good 22 inch. We kept two for a fish fry. Be out as long As the ice lasts this week.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #583 on: Mar 10, 2013, 07:19 PM »
Duke
Check the other page. I reported on there.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #584 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:59 AM »
HOW WAS THE FISHING IN   MAYVILLE OVER THE WEEKEND ANY BIG PERCH GILLS OR CALI'S HOW IS THE ICE HOLDING UP WITH THE WARM TEMP  GOOD LUCK FISHING AND BE SAFE

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #585 on: Mar 11, 2013, 11:57 AM »
We got close to 500 perch this weekend with our crew. Made runs to the dollar general for freezer bags more than once.
My good friend Sal had an amazing receipe for perch roe. He decided to take about 8 of the good sized females we caught, and lather them in coarse sea salt from the coast off Italy, a honey brine mix derived from new zealand popluation of honey bees which only feed on juniper blossoms, and a hint of jasmine. Sal only uses Cattleman lump charcoal for his cooking because of it's sweet earthy flavor. He got his cooking egg up to roughly 430 degrees and just a simple toss on each side to char them through. We enjoyed this topped upon stone ground french croquettes and the finest pinot noir. Heavenly. If you ever have a chance to eat perch roe, I highly suggest it. Just do it properly. The other roe sacs we either froze for future consumption, or coated in borax to make skein for steelhead and salmon season. I'll share my successes on myfishfinder.com

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #586 on: Mar 11, 2013, 06:50 PM »
ATTENTION : ice survived, my friends out right now. ill post how ice conditions are when he gets back to me.  :thumbsup:

Offline Magellan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Magellan took a Chance!!
« Reply #587 on: Mar 11, 2013, 07:52 PM »
 ;) Kinzua remained good to the end.  Fished Saturday and two of us limited on walleyes by noon. Headed to Chautauqua and picked up 50 gills the last hour before dark. Awesome day on the ice. With the warm-up, Kinzua is basically done because they are now raising the water. Shoreline is shot.  Boats to the north of us targeting the eyes before the season goes out.  Presque Isle is basically all open water now.  Look out crappies. They are next on the agenda. Hope the Chautauqua ice holds through the warm up.

Offline allthumbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #588 on: Mar 12, 2013, 04:25 AM »
Fished a popular eastside access last nite  the ice was  good fishing was even better  Hardley anyone around only 8 guys   that brings me to my reason for the post  the parking at this spot is usually limited on a busy day but was wide open last nite  some  genius decided that he didn't want to walk the last 63 yids from the parking area  so he drove his white Lincoln navigator onto the ice and parked  now the shore ice at this time of year is our weakest link  not to mention that this would be a perfect reason for the residents of that neighborhood  to stop our access at this point of entry   i have seen many many stupid things in my years of hardwater but this  takes the cake   big thumbs down to you driver
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching

Offline navychief

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #589 on: Mar 12, 2013, 10:36 AM »
It's a shame when idiots only think of themselves and not how their actions impact others. Last time I was out at Mayville on my walk back to the parking area I picked up at least 10 empty pop bottles and numerous food wrappers. Why do people act like this?

Offline Snafu

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • REHABS FOR QUITERS
« Reply #590 on: Mar 12, 2013, 11:39 AM »
Fished a popular eastside access last nite  the ice was  good fishing was even better  Hardley anyone around only 8 guys   that brings me to my reason for the post  the parking at this spot is usually limited on a busy day but was wide open last nite  some  genius decided that he didn't want to walk the last 63 yids from the parking area  so he drove his white Lincoln navigator onto the ice and parked  now the shore ice at this time of year is our weakest link  not to mention that this would be a perfect reason for the residents of that neighborhood  to stop our access at this point of entry   i have seen many many stupid things in my years of hardwater but this  takes the cake   big thumbs down to you driver
Thats  Hangers vehicle... You should have confronted him.  He's a nice man.  Very cool headed.
Man did not create the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself" CHEIF SEATTLE 1854
Member N.E.W.C  Northeastern Walleye Circuit
Member of NAIFC "North American Ice Fishing Circuit" 2002 Pro-AM Qualifier                      
Member of W.I.F.L.  Wisconsin Ice Fishing League
Some guys fish the lunar cycle, others fish the tidal cycle, I fish the Menstrual cycle.

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #591 on: Mar 12, 2013, 12:03 PM »
hows the shore ice holding up
ice fishing for life

Offline jackie bushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • swimmin' with the fishes
« Reply #592 on: Mar 12, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Thats  Hangers vehicle... You should have confronted him.  He's a nice man.  Very cool headed.

This is better than reality TV .. I just burst out laughing !
Team Capt. Cuba Lake All-Stars .. It's like always being a man up everytime we hit the ice !
Mentor of many future Cuba Lake Legends

Offline icefishingfreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #593 on: Mar 12, 2013, 02:37 PM »
yeah, my friend told me about that Lincoln navigator on the ice by dewitville , so far the ice is 10 " at dewitville as of last night. going somewhere for some last walleye night bite on Friday .

Offline WALLYMARK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #594 on: Mar 12, 2013, 05:31 PM »
I've been reading about someone catching big perch in this lake. I've have not seen a big perch in this lake in years. If you want to catch big perch take the time and go to oneida lake it is the to go,go to the oneida bs thread start at page 226. Have not fished this lake this year but coming down thursday and friday to end the wally season. Can you get out at dewittville? Any help would be great Thanks

Offline Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #595 on: Mar 12, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Need a report on Pendergrast- can you still get out? How did shore hold up?

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #596 on: Mar 12, 2013, 06:31 PM »
Big perch = 8" ;D
As for jerks...I fished Mayville at first light, and walked past a big pile of dead frozen perch and garbage.  I picked up the garbage in a bag I carry.  I hope its nobody on this page.  It just gives sportsmen a bad name, and we DO NOT need bad press.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline trebblehook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time to walk on water!
« Reply #597 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:04 PM »
the other morning I was the first on Mayville, and picked up 2 empty propane cylinders. These are much lighter when you leave the ice, so take them with you!  Also, they can be refilled, which I did as soon as I got home. Thanks!  Any predictions on the ice for this weekend?  Just wondering if this cold spell will leave the shore ice.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #598 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:10 PM »
Ya that is B.S. people leaving garbage on the ice. Leaving perch on the ice is being a real jerk. If you want to  help out the lake by taking some of the dink perch. Catch them and take them home and throw in the garbage or in your garden . NOT ON THE ICE. THINK PEOPLE THINK!!!!!!!!!!

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #599 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:05 PM »
i agree i fished mayville and some other people left dinks perch on the ice last week  come on take with you and please don't leave on the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.