Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1606931 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15810 on: May 21, 2019, 02:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  49* with some strong NW winds on the Hill this am, high of 61 today. Weather guessers were off with their forecast yesterday, rained pretty good until about 9am, thunder and lightning mixed in.

I-45... hope those headaches and back pains are on the lesser side today for you Sir. Sounds like the packing is coming along...don’t overdo it!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...two things about the Chinese food the grandkids like over hotdogs given the choice ... General Tsao chicken and a guaranteed stop at the Dollar General store close to it in the same plaza, lol.  ;D.  Had nice weather all afternoon, got the grilling in.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...best wishes sent to your wife on her appointment... :thumbsup:  Hope the trimmer is an easy fix.
  Wally...glad to read no major problems with those passing storms.  :thumbsup:  Wow, you had some hot weather out that way! Bet the bike ride was pleasant....perfect timing getting back!!  Good luck with the garden... :clap:
  H2... hope the results are spot on for your wife, best wishes sent.   :thumbsup:  Imagine it’s going to be a crazy weekend up on the reservoir...will the launches be ready?
  Tom...sorry to read the turkeys didn’t cooperate, hope you get another chance at them before the season ends. Pretty amazing what you could buy a brand new shotgun for back in the 70’s....money was actually worth something then!  ;D
  Jeff...glad to read you didn’t get whacked hard with those storms either!   :thumbsup:  Hope yesterday’s PT went well, best of luck with today’s and tomorrow’s Sir. Getting close to finishing them up now? 
  Marv...hope you had a good day with the tree job if the conditions were ok. Good luck with the splitter today.  :thumbsup:  That weather doesn’t sound too good....seems like it’s been a crappy Spring for everyone this year.

Had a pretty easy day yesterday, the guys were pretty cautious of me not doing to much...bunch of great guys!   :thumbsup:  Took everyone’s advice and went as easy as possible, will continue that today and forward until I can get back in the game...Thanks all.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15811 on: May 21, 2019, 04:48 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

50 heading to 58 later today, with the winds howling by noon around 40mph with gusts.

Yesterday I didn't get to my tree job until close to noon as everything finally dried out. I worked on it until 4 and then had to leave because of a bid on another job. My plan today is to be on site at 8am and wrap the big job up, All I have left is 1 tree and to cut up a couple logs. Then I am heading north and taking care of a different job that I should be able to finish in 3 hours.

Eddie glad you took it easy yesterday. It's always a dang nice feeling when the guys watch out for you :thumbsup:

Bud best wishes sent to your wife with her appointment :thumbsup:

IW enjoy "Little Carson Day" :thumbsup:

WW Good luck if you get back on the water. Good to here the camp was snake free :clap:

Time to get my walking shoes on. I should have enough time for a walk before sharpening a saw and hitting the road.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15812 on: May 21, 2019, 05:08 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                           It's 45* and partly cloudy here on my hill. What difference from yesterday. ::)
                           Eddie........It just goes to show that people still have compassion, :thumbsup: In my day it was you work like anyone else or go home. :blink:
                           Marv.........You're suppose to be retired, you're working to hard. lol :roflmao:
                           Tom..........I hope you still have some season left to get that bird! :thumbsup:
                           Wally.........I'm glad to read that the camp was snake free, maybe it's keeping it mowed helps. ???
                           I-45..........I hope you're feeling better today, don't over do the packing. ::)
                           Bud...........I'm sure you have the McGiver in you to fix the trimmer. :thumbsup:
                           My wife wants to plant her garden today and tomorrow with the better forecast.
                           I hope everyone has a Good Tuesday either at work or out on the water.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15813 on: May 21, 2019, 06:02 AM »
45* clouds and windy.
Ice-45 and Eddie, glad you guys are taking it easy.
IW, stay with that PT.

I see that the lake is within inches of going over the spillway again this year. Going to be some surprised people coming up to their camps for the first time this Spring. I am sure that many of the campsites are under water down in the campsite.

We should get the results of the blood work sometime today. They are sent to NYC and then they call us after they compare with last test. Wife can't wait to get her other eye done next week.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15814 on: May 21, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Good morning everyone, 57 degrees here and windy but didn’t get the thunderstorms they were all worried about. Packing is still going. My wife is watching me like a hawk so I don’t lift anything.

Hunts2long, I hope the blood work comes back with good news.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you get to plant the garden today.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you. Be safe on your tree jobs.

Mason Eddie, Hope you feel better, Nice to see everyone watching you to make sure you don’t overdue. Headache and pain in lower back hasn’t gone away.

IFF, Hope you got the trimmer going.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15815 on: May 21, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's seems like many on the mend. soggy and cool headed to high of 54 here. Eddie glad your taking it somewhat easy. Bud hope your Mrs. gets her good news. McGyver is appropriate nickname. IW enjoy little Carson day and hope your at 100% soon. I 45 easy does it. Dom congrats on the new lure wishing you a full recovery. Nice Pic by the way. Mr. C my daughters dance was fantastic;brought a car load of her stuff home already she will bring the 2nd car load home in a week. Eddie have not made a cast into the water yet maybe in a couple weeks my mind is on the FL-3 to see if the fathom side works. H2L hope your family stuff is getting smoother. WW nice pic of the critter. WS I too though you were retired. Have a great day all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15816 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Good Morning ER's   31* Looks like a winter wonderland out trees have been getting their leaves and now weighted down with snow...that was supposed to be rain.  Had to tap the snow off the dish to keep the TV on.  Glad I don't have to be into work till 11  Will have a chance to clear the deck and do some tinkering with the trimmer.

Thanks for the best wishes....McGyver out  ;D
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15817 on: May 21, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Good day,sunshine and blue skies here at this time little cooler today with high around seventy. I did see to brief rains showers yesterday afternoon. To all my fellow NY> residents do not forget to vote in School board/budget elections today. Polls are open from 12 PM to 9 PM .
Wallyworld glad you got a chuckle from my name for your resident coyote.
Icefisher-45 hope your headaches and lower back pain subside so you can help your wife with packing for the move and get around the house easier.
IFF may the mag coils be the same model so you can swap them and use trimmer. Hope you do not see to many broken branches from the snow.
Eddie surprised your grandchildren like General Tsao's chicken it's one the spicy side of Chinese dishes. When my nephew was your grandchildren age he like to visit local dollar stores in my area . Good to hear your coworkers are picking up some of the load while you recover from the infection.
Whopper Stopper may you be able to complete the two tree jobs today. You may get more work after the high winds pass through your section of MN.
Best to you and your wife getting the garden in for the season. If "Little Carson enjoys digging in the dirt he might be of some help getting things planted.
Hunts2long may wife's blood work say she is good to go for second cateract surgery. Also may you not suffer any damage from flooding as GSL overflows it's banks.
Old Goat happy to hear your daughter had a great dance performance. May the FL 3 work good whenever you get out on the water.

Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15818 on: May 21, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Evening all,

IFF......snow  ??? :o :o  guess all the rain here isn't SO bad after all  :-\   

IW.....hope pt went smoothly  :flex:  did you get the garden in  ???  when we bought the land for our camp it was over run with snakes  :pinch:  it's been 10 years or so but still a struggle to keep them away  >:(     (BTW I HATE snakes)

WS.....see it's not just me that thinks you're working WAY too much  :nono:  :whistle:   ;D

MrC.....never got over 60* here today along with 25+mph winds, feels like fall  ::)

IF45.....when are you doing more botox  ??? 

Eddie.....kudos to your coworkers for keeping an eye on you and keeping your load light  :bow: :clap:

OG...glad to hear the dance was a success  :thumbsup: :clap: 

H2L.....hope the report from NYC was problem free  ;)  hope your house/property isn't in danger of flooding  :-\

Got my garden turned over, probably won't get anything in the ground for a couple more days as the plants have been in greenhouses so they'll need a little time to slowly acclimate to the outdoors   ;)2

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15819 on: May 21, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Weatherman has been wrong here for a few days. They’ve been saying supposed to be getting rain and it’s been beautiful out.

IFF, Hope the snow melts

WallyWorld, Unfortunately we messed up the day for the follow up appointment for the neurologist. I’ve been put on a waiting list for a appointment. My wife is working on the day I have to see the surgeon. Hopefully I can get a appointment next week for that and schedule the next surgery.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15820 on: May 22, 2019, 02:19 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  The winds have let up this morning, 46* with a high of 68 today.

Wally...not a fan of snakes here either, lol. .thankfully most are only garter snakes to deal with. Best of luck with the garden!   :thumbsup:  Might be a nice day for another ride on the bike?
  Bud...that crazy Mile High weather is something else! Hope it’s all melted today!   :thumbsup:

Running behind this am, but will catch up this afternoon. One thing I heard on the news yesterday that thought was worth sharing, was about Morehouse College. The commencement speaker vowed to pay off all the graduates student loan debts...believe around $40 million! That was the best news I’ve heard in a long time.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15821 on: May 22, 2019, 05:30 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 44* and clear here on my hill, and the wind we had yesterday have subsided. ::)
                           Eddie........I saw the orthopedic surgeon and PT will continue for at least 2 more months. He is a little concerned with the
                   progress so far but hope it will improve with time. No lifting! I have my sling off but have to wear it at night to keep from rolling
                   over on it. :blink:
                           Wally........Snakes don't bother me, when in 7th grade we had to have a pet to study, I was put in the reptile group so I got
                   a 5' Rat snake as my pet. I use to carry it around all the time, i use to let it inside my shirt and it would wrap around my body. :o
                           Bud..........I saw that there was snow out your way, it never ends. :o :woot:
                           I-45.........It's my wife's garden but I do the prep work and she plants and takes care of it. :flex:
                           Marv........Were you able to finish the tree jobs yesterday? ???
                           Well it's PT again today other than that not much going on.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out in nature.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15822 on: May 22, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Good morning Eddie,IW! Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

48 with the rain heading out, partial sunshine later today with a 60 on tap.

Eddie hope you are feeling better every day :thumbsup: Happy "Hump Day" Sir :thumbsup:

IW hope the PT goes well today. Hope as time goes on your arm-shoulder get better :thumbsup: I was able to finish  everything yesterday. I am feeling it this morning , just a little stiff.

WW put me on the "No Snake" list. We also have non poisonous snakes but some of the blow snakes get prettying dang big, like 3"-4" diameter and 5' long. I never met one that I couldn't make 2 or 3 out of. The one neighbor sold his house because they had snakes in it. Supposedly once they get established they are hard to get out of a house. Make sure you whistle before  opening the closet doors and always put slippers on when walking around in the dark ;D ;D

This morning I am going for 4 miles, and when I get home do my stretches. I missed them for a few days with all the tree work.

I am also going to see what I can do with the splitter. My neighbor thinks I should be able to weld it so I will give it a shot.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15823 on: May 22, 2019, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Beautiful day out. A little windy but the sun is shining. My wife is back to work today. Got a lot of packing done though.

WallyWorld, Beautiful day to go for a ride. Also put me on the no snake list.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck with the splitter. Hope your able to weld it.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck at pt today. Sometimes it takes a while to heal.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15824 on: May 22, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Afternoon All,

Dom...up the pound test and put on a light steel leader, that thing is going to get slammed!!!   :clap: :bow:
Thank You Sir, hope you're feeling better and  wish you a speedy recovery as well. ..amazing!!   :thumbsup:

Eddie I did it.   ;D
This is a $25,000 lure.....So I'm going with 100 pound braid........ ;D ;D

Hope your felling better.. 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15825 on: May 22, 2019, 03:21 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15826 on: May 22, 2019, 03:24 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

;)      ;D

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15827 on: May 22, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Good afternoon ER's me no like the snakes either came up from underwater when young and met one face to face scared the crap out of me. Have used small ones bass fishing they work well but not quite as good as a frog. Eddie I saw the Moorehouse thing too about the student loans;awsome. Now on the flip side the Papa of our US treasury(I think) buys a metal rabbit for 81 million plus I think 9 million to the auction house. Dom your price looks right but without the treble you could send to big name auction house and make 5 million.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15828 on: May 22, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Well as far as this weather goes I am not sure if we had a short spring, then a short Summer, What with temps in the 80's then followed by snow.  I think I have it figured out....Today is the 121st day of January ?  :unsure: :whistle: ;D
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15829 on: May 23, 2019, 02:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  53*  and cloudy skies, high of 71 today with thunder showers expected this afternoon.

Eddie I did it.   ;D
This is a $25,000 lure.....So I'm going with 100 pound braid........ ;D ;D

Hope your felling better.. 

Dom.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: That’s a thing of frigging beauty!!  :bow: :clap:  :thumbsup:   Excellent choice on the 100# braid... ;D.   An expensive lure like that is going to need a name Sir...if taking suggestions, perhaps  Raquette’s Dacker would work?... ;D :flex:   Hope you’re healing up well Dom, will certainly be looking forward to the pictures!!   :clap:
  Bud...thinking you nailed it with the 121st day of January!   :roflmao: :thumbsup: 
  OG...I looked up that metal rabbit.... 90 million bucks and it can’t even reproduce!!  :roflmao:  Hope all is well out in Wisconsin Sir!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... glad to read things are coming along for the move.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the extra mile walk went well yesterday, that’s a long ways!   :bow:  How did you make out with the splitter?  The Spring/Summer fashions were out in force yesterday.... ;D
  Jeff...good news on the sling only needed now at bedtime, bet that’s a big relief!  Hope yesterday’s PT went well and best wishes continued for a full recovery Sir.  :thumbsup:
  Wally... hope the bite was on if you and Mr.WW were out fishing!   :thumbsup:

A couple of days late, but many thanks to Dom and Happy 5th Anniversary to the 9:45 thread!  May 20, 2014....“who’s on? “.....:clap: :thumbsup: :bow: 
  It’s taken me some time, but I’ve learned how to almost type here.... ;D
  It’s been said many times, but worth repeating....it’s a pleasure being a part of this great group of people! Thanks to everyone who has been a part of it!    :bow:
  Cawfee’s on gang...

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15830 on: May 23, 2019, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day. They are claiming thunderstorms this evening but they haven’t gotten it right yet.

Prayers to those in Missouri hit by the tornado.

As said many times before it’s a pleasure to be part of a group of great people.

I hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15831 on: May 23, 2019, 04:57 AM »

Good morning Eddie, I-45, ER's,

It's 52* and partly partly again, showers in the forecast. ::)
                             Eddie.........I forgot that it was the anniversary of our favorite thread, I too am proud to be a part of such a great group
                   of people. :clap: It's like we've been friends for many years. :thumbsup:
                             I-45...........I hope you and your wife are almost done with the packing ???
                             Marv..........You should really be doing some stretches before tree work and maybe you wouldn't  get stiff. ::) Good job on getting
                   the jobs done. :thumbsup: I hope you'll be able to get that lift fixed by welding it.  :flex: Is the piece cast or steel? ???
                             Wally.........Being a beautiful day out I hope you and Mr.WW got out on the water. :whistle:
                             Dom..........That is one heck of a lure, it should bring in some monster fish. :thumbsup:
                             Bud...........Don't you know that the weather change is from Global warming.LOL :blink:
                             Again not much going on today, might mow the lawn again, the Dr. said to wear my sling doing that as well. :unsure:
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15832 on: May 23, 2019, 04:58 AM »
Good morning Eddie, 45! Good morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie x2 on your comments about the 9:45 thread :clap: and Congratulations Dom :thumbsup: I will have to swing by the park today and see if there is anything to report on Minnesota fashions ;D

45 it's great having you here :thumbsup: Often wish there was something we could do to help you through the tough times.

IW hope the PT went well :thumbsup:

WW I am thinking you will have some plans for the big weekend ???

My ride is getting close so I have to get going. I did attack the splitter yesterday and was pretty happy. The brace I was concerned about was twisted a little and the metal was torn apart for lack of a better word. I can't believe I didn't take a before picture but I did take an after picture. The fix seems solid (will try it today) and it fit together almost perfect, only off by about 1/8". Nothing pretty ....

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15833 on: May 23, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Good morning Eddie, 45! Good morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie x2 on your comments about the 9:45 thread :clap: and Congratulations Dom :thumbsup: I will have to swing by the park today and see if there is anything to report on Minnesota fashions ;D

45 it's great having you here :thumbsup: Often wish there was something we could do to help you through the tough times.

IW hope the PT went well :thumbsup:

WW I am thinking you will have some plans for the big weekend ???

My ride is getting close so I have to get going. I did attack the splitter yesterday and was pretty happy. The brace I was concerned about was twisted a little and the metal was torn apart for lack of a better word. I can't believe I didn't take a before picture but I did take an after picture. The fix seems solid (will try it today) and it fit together almost perfect, only off by about 1/8". Nothing pretty ....(Image removed from quote.)

WS
              Looks good Marv, that should work for you. :flex: :thumbsup: :clap:

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15834 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....thanks for the reminder Happy Anniversary all  :thumbsup: :clap:  how's the healing coming along  ???

IW....your talk of your "pet" gave me the willeys  :pinch: :sick:  glad to hear you're mostly sling free now  :thumbsup: :clap:

IFF.....they do say time goes by faster as you get older  :woot: :blink: 

WS.....good work getting the lift fixed  :flex: :clap:  only plans for the weekend are to stay away from all water/campgrounds/parks etc  ;)2  we don't do holiday crowds  :nono:

IF45.....x2 on WS's comment,  thoughts & prayers are always available here tho  ;)

Raquette.....nice lure  :thumbsup: :bow:  hope the shoulder is healing ok  ;)

OG.....don't think I'd ever be able to fish again if I had to use snakes as bait  :nono:  it takes some deep breathing and concentration just to grab a nightcrawler and hook it  ::)

Didn't hit the water yesterday, had to drive a friend to a doctor's appointment in the morning  :-\  mowed the lawn again in the afternoon, :-\ planted a magnolia tree & 2 wisterias I bought the other day  :thumbsup:  then hopped on the bike & went out for some dinner  ;)  think grocery shopping is a must today  :unsure: more rain for this afternoon  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15835 on: May 23, 2019, 05:59 AM »
53* and a few clouds this morning.
Wife had the computer most of the day yesterday, she is trying to sell some of her "many" cook books.
Ice-45 the nove day is getting close. Don't you over de it.
IW, glad the PT is going well.
Eddie, how is it going at work?

Dom, the lure is "priceless". Not sure I would beable to use it, but I know you will at least catch one fish on it before you retire it.

They still do not have the dock in at the launch. There are going to be some upset boaters if they are not in by the weekend. With the lake so high they just may not want a lot of boats on the water to protect beaches.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15836 on: May 23, 2019, 06:56 AM »
My bride thinks I'm crazy. But I think that's why she married me. I had nothing else to offer..      ;D Cant wait for the Dr to see it.... ... ::) ::)
Put some Bling on it last night...

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15837 on: May 23, 2019, 07:42 AM »
nice addition to the lure didn't notice the blade right away       put that in a forum anyone know what this lure is?  answers might be good fun

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15838 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24 AM »
IW....just heard an ad on the radio for a place in NYC that has “snake massages”  :o  thought of you right away  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15839 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00 AM »
IW....just heard an ad on the radio for a place in NYC that has “snake massages”  :o  thought of you right away  ;D
               Depends on the kind of snake some squeeze and some bite! ::)

Iw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.