Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1606931 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15870 on: May 26, 2019, 01:00 PM »
X 2 WW, hadn't heard about that yet. The crap just doesn't end.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15871 on: May 26, 2019, 06:16 PM »
X3 Marv, WW

Oh great, just dodged a tornado, and golf ball size hail
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15872 on: May 26, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Just heard about the shooting. What is wrong with our society?
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15873 on: May 26, 2019, 10:14 PM »
Good evening hope everyone is having a nice Memorial Day weekend. Please take a moment to remember those who gave their lives protecting our way of life. Adding my prayer to those said for victims and their families of Virginia shooting.FBI,State Police and local authorities searching for person/persons who left fake explosives at two local shopping malls in neighboring Town of Newburgh.
Eddie may the new plants produce a good crop of vegetables. Hope you found belt for your mower and one of your sons can help with installing it on the mower.
Ice Wanderer nice that son#2's family pitched in with the limb cleanup how was the dinner. Safe travels to your wife when she heads back to NY.
Hunts2long your oldest daughter sounds like me limited culinary skills and uses a lot of prepared heat and eat food. I forget what a big part of younger generation's life the internet is still think it would be nice for one of the girls to have one or two of their mother's cook book(s). Nice photos of the campsite launch and dock. May the black flies not create to much of a problem at the wedding.
Wallyworld nice photo of the wisteria, there is a good sized Magnolia tree at the house I sold this past Fall over the years we lost flowers when warm weather caused the tree to bloom early then we had a frost which killed the flowers. May your garden also produce well for you this season.
Whopper Stopper thank you for explanation on wood splitter lift figured there was some type of hydraulics on the lift. How did your SIL do with the bass fishing.
Tom Turkey hope some solution is found to lower lake water levels and help with home flooding. Now that you have two of your guns cleaned might be a good idea to run some rounds through them this Summer so you have no surprises when hunting turkeys this Fall. Nice job helping your neighbor. :clap: :thumbsup:
Icefisher-45 glad you found a storage unit agree moving is a pain but good time to get ride of items that you no longer use or need. Guessing you rental agreement at current home requires you to mantain the lawn. Maybe a young person from your church can mow if your still have a mower or bring his families to your home.
IFF happy for you plants survived the snow and cold. Sorry your were not able to swap starter coils. Hope the tornado did not cause to much damage in your area.

Take care and enjoy rest of this holiday weekend.
Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15874 on: May 27, 2019, 03:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Please stop and remember the courageous men and women who gave their lives so that we may be free. Looks like it will be a nice day. My wife is working today but is off tomorrow till next tues.

Mr Clean, We thought when we told him that we were moving our obligations to keep up the property were over especially where we need every cent for the move.

IFF, Hope the tornados didn’t do to much damage. It’s good the cold weather didn’t hurt the plants. 

I hope everyone has a good and safe day day today. Safe travels to those traveling to loved ones houses.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15875 on: May 27, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good Morning I-45, Morning Everyone,
   Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Memorial Day today, thoughts and prayers sent to those involved in the Virginia shooting as well.
  Clear and 54* this am, high of 73 expected today.

I-45...X2 on your reply, believe at 3pm this afternoon it is asked to give a moment of silence in remembrance of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice as well.  :thumbsup:
  Steve...new belt purchased and ready to go on, might get a chance this afternoon, thanks!  Have been hardening off the seedlings for the last few days, left them all outside last evening...we’ll see what happens!    :thumbsup:
  Bud... hope today’s weather is less aggressive, one extreme to the other out there....wow!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...beautiful picture, is that from the old boat? Hope the fishing was good Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Wally....best wishes with the wisteria, will be looking forward to some pictures of them in full bloom next season. Looking like a nice day for another ride today.....watch out for those celebrities if you hit the ice cream shop!   ;D
  Jeff...safe travels to your wife if she’s coming home today!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hopefully the nice breeze’s we had all day here yesterday helped with the black flies at that wedding yesterday, they’ve been awful.    :thumbsup:

Nice couple of hours spent with most of the family yesterday, weather was great to boot. Grandkids spent the evening, so that was a good time as well.
  Local parade later this am, my grandson’s baseball team will be marching in it, always a nice time. The VFW will have the poppies I traditionally get, last years are still hanging on to my rear view mirror.   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15876 on: May 27, 2019, 06:23 AM »

Good morning I-45, Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 52* and clear on this Memorial Day.! ::)
                        I-45.......I don't know the rules of renters responsibility, to me the landlord should have a mower available if he wants his lawn
            taken care of. Most rentals have a lawn care company to keep up their property. :blink:
                        Eddie.....Enjoy the parade this morning, it's always nice to see all the sports teams marching. :thumbsup:
                        Marv......What a nice picture, that's some beautiful country. :clap:
                        Wally.....What a nice day for a bike ride, have some ice cream for me. ;D
                        Bud.......You guys seems to have a seesaw weather at this time of year. ???
                        Steve.....What the heck is wrong with people trying to scare people with fake bombs, it's not funny. :cookoo:
                        Not much going on today, I have to water the wife's garden, even though it's forecast rain for tomorrow.
                        I hope everyone has a good Monday, Memorial Day either at work or out and don't forget to take time to remember the fallen
             heroes that  gave for our freedom.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15877 on: May 27, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Thanks to all that served and gave their all.

53 and sunny. Yesterday turned out pretty good. Daughter and her BF came up, he cut down 3 white birches that had broken during one of the ice storms this pass winter. Couldn't get them cleaned up because the lake is so high. I guess they will be part of the ring of fire on Labor Day weekend. My back is sore this morning and I didn't do all that much.

WS, nice picture.

WW, be careful if you go for a ride, lots of traffic on the roads this weekend. Not many boats on the lake, I guess everyone is getting their camps opened for the summer. Talked to a couple taking their boat out of the water yesterday PM, no fish, water temp between 59 and 62.

Mr. Clean, I am sure they will get a cook book or two. There are enough to go around.

Not a lot planned for today...h2l

The black flies weren't bad at all yesterday. There was a pretty good breeze.
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15878 on: May 27, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Good morning ER's 55 headed for mid 60's rain in the forecast for the next 4 days. Thanks to all currently serving and to those who have. Mr Clean I looked up the artist who made that silly rabbit. Jeff Koons looks like he might be from NY. The yard work is done time to relax. Stay safe and enjoy the day. Bud glad you dodged the golf ball size hail.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15879 on: May 27, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Another day at the store for me, don't expect many customers.  See the garden area got a good soaking with the thunder storms that moved threw.  Sure a lot of pine cones got tossed all over the lawn.  Looks like tomorrow will be light rain most of the day according to the guessers.

Computer has been up and down like the weather, see the "Add image to post" is back again.  ::)  And access to my email as well. 

Should have shocks and breaks arriving mid week, get the truck back in shape then maybe will get to think about wetting a line at the mud hole.

A salute to all that are serving and have served

Good Day to all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15880 on: May 27, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Sunny day again with rain guessed for tonight. 50* to start.

I have not heard any fireworks yet this week end. If some on shoots any tonight they can get a $1,000 fine. Messed up new law when you can not shoot fireworks on the actual holiday. Lots of people around the lake. When I was mowing the other day the CO that I know went by and waved. He was only a few minutes early as soon after a dirt bike went flying by. They are illegal on the roads.

Iff i saw on the news about the tornado out your way. Good to here that it missed you.

Eddie It is good to here you found the belt you need. New Yorks fire works laws are rediculous. Having to be 18 to have a sparkler is super ridiculous. Of course you have to realize it is New York.(where is the hiding under a chair imogie) When they legalized fire works in Michigan a lot of big buildings spung up to sell fire works. They are closed most of the year so there must be big money made on selling them to allow them to only be open so little. I think that the states reason for leglaizing them was for the sales tax money.

Steve I have never been into the frozen meals. YUCK My mother taught me how to cook when I was young. I have some of my mother recipies. If I wanted some thing she would make it for me so I did no have the recipies. If I ask my sister in law about one she gets nasty so I do not ask any more. She was not around as my brother was in the Army for 26 years plus a long time after her retired in AK so she has them. The only ones I have were published in a rural newspaper in AK. I have to spend the time to make her liver dumpling for my boys.

Sadly I do not think the shootings and other crazy stuff will stop with the way society has gotten.

If I had to go some where that black flies and other bugs would be a problem I would take my thermo cell. We have two thermocell lanterns that we use on the deck.  A few of them around where the wedding cermony was might have helped.

I got a call yesterday morning at 7:30. It was my son. He had drove to the back of my property and walked 1/4 of a mile to try and get on a long beard that had been along a road. He ended up shooting a jake out of the three that came up to him silent. When he drove out ot the property the 4 toms were back in the opeinig of the house across the road. They were not around the last two times I was over hunting.

I will go use a friends lead sled to see if I can figure out what is wrong with my Mossberg 835. When I got the Ithaca model 66 cleaed up I decided I would see if my grandson wants to trade his 66 in 20 gauge for the 12 gauge. If he does I will give the 20 to his sister. I saw an ad for a one in 410 yesterday. The asking price was $200. Not bad for a $29.99 shot gun. When I went to put the Model 12 away I realized why I do not want to turkey hunt with it any more as it is too HEAVY!

ww You might want to beef up the trellis for the wisteria. They can get massive and heavy. Maybe put a 4x4 across the top. I wish I had taken some pictures of the woods in VA that had wisteria to the top of the trees.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15881 on: May 27, 2019, 08:09 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Memorial Day, let's remember all that made the ultimate sacrifice so that we are free to live our lives  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Eddie.....sounds like a great day spent with family  :thumbsup: enjoy the parade today  ;) I have a basket full of VFW & DAV poppies  :thumbsup:

MrC.....that ;)'s good to know about the blossoms getting frostbite, I'll keep that in mind next spring (if I don't forget  :roflmao:) hope they catch the fake bombers & throw the book at them  :callcops:

IFF.....hope the time at the store doesn't drag too bad today  :-\  glad the tornado missed you  :clap:  good luck getting the truck squared away  ;)

IF45.....best wishes this week as you finish the packing and moving  :)  don't overdo it  :nono:

IW....I'll gladly have an extra scoop for you  ;)2  :woot:  thank you for your service and sacrifice  :bow: :bow:

OG.....someone needs to let Mother Nature know April is over & so should the showers be  :-\

OS.....thank you for your service and sacrifice   :bow: :bow:

CapJ.....thank you for your service and sacrifice  :bow: :bow:  hope all is well with you and yours sir  ;)

WS......beautiful picture, looks very quiet and peaceful  @)  things are not always as they appear tho are they  ??? :whistle: :roflmao:

H2L....nice of your daughter's BF to help out  :thumbsup: :flex:  rode up to Mexico & Oswego yesterday, not many boats out either place  :blink:

TT.....hope things aren't too crazy on your lake this weekend  :wacko:

Have a great day however you choose to celebrate  :clap:  careful on the roads if traveling  ;)  Stay safe.

Morning TT.......my reasoning for the light weight trellis is I want to make sure the wisteria will survive here before beefing up the support  ;)  the second plant I bought I planted in a hedgerow so it can (hopefully) climb and spread as much as it wants  :thumbsup:  the ones I fell in love with in NC this spring were HUGE growing through the trees  :o 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15882 on: May 27, 2019, 08:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Thanks to all who served and prayers to those that gave it their all.

The dang cooling fan on my computer is acting up and I keep getting a message to shut it down immediately :%$#!: I will see if I can get through this before I need to call 911.

It's a cool rainy day on this part of the map, it sounds like rain and some storms throughout the day.

Saturday evening I was told that I was going fishing yesterday morning ??? It took some doing but I had everything ready to go, and we got to the lake just as the sun was coming up. I went into it knowing everything would be against us and I wasn't disappointed. Not only would there be big crowds but we have been having so much rain the water has stayed very cold :cookoo:  We were on a bigger Wisconsin lake and by 11am people started rolling in.

We did see 2 muskies which is what we were after :clap: Not only was it the Memorial day weekend, but it was the WI musky opener weekend as well. Somewhere about the time the jet skies rolled in and a plane started practicing it's water landings we headed for the landing. There was a dispute on shore as to who got to use the landing first as two guys were throwing punches. Some lady probably close to 70 found a kayak paddle and started wailing away breaking it up. The chorus of cheering could be halfway across the lake and I gave her a pat on the back as I walked by.

The girls had a good time which is all that mattered and the boat stayed dry. Next Friday weather dependent we will head further north and see if we can find any willing muskies. I have a tree job pending for Saturday so I will have to try and get it moved.

A few had inquired about the S-i-l's last bass outing. She had a tough go of it sticking with it for close to 10 hours and only caught one bass 19". Again the rain isn't helping but she had a good time

Hope you all have a good wind up to the long weekend :thumbsup:Stay safe.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15883 on: May 27, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Good morning ER's!!I always think of the Normandy Invasion on Memorial Day!  A great loss of life, but the day I was born!! June 6th, 1944 !!  :flex: I hope everyone has a safe and sane day!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15884 on: May 27, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Happy Memorial Day ! Thank you to Ice Wanderer,OldSailor,Capt.Jim all the other veterans on this this website for your service to this country. Some rain over night  gave way to beautiful day.
Icefisher-45 check your rental agreement to see if landlord can charge you for a final lawn cutting.Also walk around out and inside of the property and look for anything he might call damage I would have one person stay at your present location on day of the move until you do a final walk through with the landlord.
Eddie glad the weather cooperated for the parade this morning how did your grandson enjoy marching with his teammates. May you get new belt on the mower without to much of a struggle.
Ice Wanderer hoping fake explosives incident was a stupid prank and security cameras caught person(s)  or law enforcement gets a tip which leads to an arrest.
Hunts2long nice of your daughter and BF to help with the birches. Be sure to save some of the bark for use as a fire starter. It would be nice for your girls to have some of their mother's recipes. Any report from your brother on how the outdoor wedding went at Lapland Lake.
Old Goat I will have to research Mr. Koons . May weather guessers be wrong about the rain.
IFF may you have no major computer problem. Did your employer provide any special meal for those working today. All the best with shock and brake replacement.
Tom Turkey I can make some simple dishes from fresh meats and produce. I think NY. has the regulation on sparklers because the wire that is coated with chemicals which give sparkle effect gets very hot and concern of young children getting serious burns. Congratulations to your son on getting the jake. may your grandson agree to the shotgun swap,can you easily put a slug barrel on the model 12 and use it for deer hunting. Hope with use of the Lead Sled you can figure out why the one gun is shooting high.
Wallyworld believe time I saw frostbitten Magnolia blossoms was during Winter of 2011-12. Had several seventy degree days in mid March causing tree to bloom and then one night of below freezing temperature and frost which killed the blossoms. Agree with your comments on person(s) who planted the fake bombs. Just hope it was not some teenagers who do not realize how seriously law enforcement treats such pranks these days.
OldSailor hope you are having a nice Memorial Day and all is well with you and your family.
Capt. Jim did you get a good report when you saw your urologist this past week. May you still be cancer free , are your wife's doctor(s) pleased with how her shoulder healed.

A good and pleasant evening to all.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15885 on: May 27, 2019, 07:24 PM »
h2l.. Any report from your brother on how the outdoor wedding went at Lapland Lake.

Haven't heard from him but I didn't see the "blood mobile" go by the house...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15886 on: May 27, 2019, 08:45 PM »
Steve, same to you and thanks!! We just took it easy today and are now awaiting the arrival of some t-storms!!  ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15887 on: May 28, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  52* to start the day off, high of 55 today with rain.

Jeff...the parade was nice, weather was perfect....especially for all of those marching. Had my 3 year old granddaughter by my side the entire time. Taught her Pop Pop’s way to cheer all the Vets, Police, and Firemen as they passed by....clap, two thumbs up, and “ Thank You for your service “. She had a blast and received many thank you’s..good stuff!    ;D
  H2...good deal with the daughters boyfriend helping you out with the trees.  :thumbsup:  How was the boat traffic p on the lake this weekend?
  OG...looks like some of that weather will be landing here today.
  Bud... hope everything goes well with the truck repairs, will be looking forward to your reports on the walleyes soon...best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...congrats to your son on getting his turkey, awesome!   :clap:  Agree with you on the fireworks law here...one of many that make your head spin, lol.
  Wally...I’ve got my new poppies on the rear view mirror again!   ;D.  Looking like a day or two of clear weather his week, best of luck if hitting the water!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad you got the orders you were going fishing, glad you and the ladies had a good time! That sounds like quite the entertainment at the launch, never know what you’ll see. Better luck next trip, glad to hear the boat was holding up fine.... :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...put off fixing the tractor yesterday and finished up with the self propelled mower, just wasn’t into it. Hope you had a nice day Sir.

Failed to mention it yesterday, but a big Thank You to all the past and present Vets here on the site as well.  :bow:
  Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day yesterday.   Back to the marble again this am....not sure what we’ll get accomplished with the weather, but we should get the day in anyway.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15888 on: May 28, 2019, 04:30 AM »
I hope Old Sailor is ok.  That tornado just north of Dayton was really close to him.  I hope he checks in soon.

Reed Timmer:
“Reports are extremely bad out of north side of Dayton, OH after destructive tornado passed through, with supercell anchored on highly sheared warm frontal zone this late evening. Numerous injuries, people still trapped in rubble, search and rescues on-going. Terrible string of devastating severe weather continues. Nothing is more dangerous than these nocturnal tornadoes through populated areas. :(

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15889 on: May 28, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Good morning Eddie, Hello Mark! Good morning everyone :bow:

44 heading to 68 by noon. Finally a day without rain. Things are getting out of hand, our turkeys have even had enough for awhile   

Eddie the parade sounded awesome :thumbsup: I also am sporting a new Poppy

IW Hope you  had a good weekend, Enjoy " Little Carson Day" :thumbsup:

WW How you and Mr. WW find a fun way to spend the day :thumbsup:

OS Hope all is well :thumbsup:

Yesterday we spent the day watching the rain fall. My wife had put her kayak on Craigslist last week and had received no inquires. Yesterday about 2 pm a person sent her a note wondering if they could come buy it ??? She gave them our address and an hour later they came and bought it. You just never know when the right person will see an ad. Now the shopping can start so she can get her new one.

Time to lace up the shoes. Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15890 on: May 28, 2019, 05:04 AM »
                  Good morning Eddie, Deal Ninja, ER's,
                          It's 47* and light rain has started to fall! ::)
                          Eddie........That's a good thing to teach your granddaughter, tthere doesn't seem to be enough of that going around these
                  days. :bow:
                          Deal.........Those are some terrible storms and more are expected today, i hope all living inthe storm warning areas take
                  heed to the alerts when given. ???
                          Marv.........Well at least you saw two muskies. That older lady sounds like someone that should be in charge of the boat ramp. :roflmao:
                  Carson isn't coming today his mother isn't working today. :o
                          Wally.........How was my ice cream. :roflmao: Were you handing out poppies for the VFW. ???
                          Tom...........Congratu lations to your son on getting his Turkey. :clap:
                          OS.............Be careful out there today. :flex:
                          Not much going on today with the rain, can't do much outside.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out on the water.

IW 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15891 on: May 28, 2019, 06:00 AM »
53* and light rain.
Eddie, there were a few boats around but not like some years. Think there were more jet-skis than boats. There were a lot of people around town but I think because the weather has been so bad most of the Spring that they were using the nice weather to get camps opened for the season. With No beaches many couldn't get docks in yet or couldn't find them. Glad you enjoyed the parade.

Haven't heard of many fish being caught. Everyone says the "water is too high". One guy told me that he thought the fish were up in the trees. (I have looked for deer up in the trees but never fish....lol) There are a lot of trees and brush in the water so I knew what he met. Heard that the water temp was 59/61 over the weekend. I got my jig box ready to go yesterday so I may just go out the week to see what's going on.

Wife has a appointment with eye Dr. today, Wed. they do her left eye and Thurs. is follow-up. She sees so much better with the one that has been done and can't wait for the left one to be done.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15892 on: May 28, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....we're all praying for you, hope you made thru the storms ok  :)

DN.....thanks for posting your concern  ;)

Eddie.....kudos for teaching your granddaughter to respect our heros  :thumbsup: :clap:

IW.....you had a VERY good strawberry sundae  ;)2  the poppies are my collection from buying them whenever I run across someone selling, mostly at the state fair  ;D

WS......love the turkey  :roflmao:  a day w/o rain is priceless  :thumbsup:

Got the lawn mostly mowed while MrWW was marching in a couple local parades, finished up with his help when he got home. Then hit the road for a few hours  :thumbsup: back to rain today  >:( 

Hav >:( a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15893 on: May 28, 2019, 07:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like a rainy day today which is good. It will help keep us focused on packing. My wife is off till next Tuesday. I heard on the news this morning that job burnout is going to be a mental illness.

Old Sailor, Prayers for you that you and your family weather out the storm. 

Wally World, Glad you got the lawn mowed before the rain today. Yesterday was a beautiful Memorial Day.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife that her surgery goes well.

Whopper Stopper, That picture of the turkey made us laugh.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday and I hope everyone has a great day today and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15894 on: May 28, 2019, 09:10 AM »
I hope Old Sailor is ok.  That tornado just north of Dayton was really close to him.  I hope he checks in soon.

Reed Timmer:
“Reports are extremely bad out of north side of Dayton, OH after destructive tornado passed through, with supercell anchored on highly sheared warm frontal zone this late evening. Numerous injuries, people still trapped in rubble, search and rescues on-going. Terrible string of devastating severe weather continues. Nothing is more dangerous than these nocturnal tornadoes through populated areas. :(

DN
It WAS a wild night last night with a tornado outbreak and one confirmed death. We escaped damage and are all Ok. Many are still without power and my daughter is without water so is coming over. We had hail, torrential rain, along with very high winds! It blew stuff everywhere!! :o Thanks for everyone's concern and you can believe there was some praying going on!! It seems to have worked!! :thumbsup:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15895 on: May 28, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Steve, well they did have pizza on hand, crust was like cardboard, but at least was tasty.

Had helper scheduled to help put up a new shelter, now says he can't make it till late after noon.  I was going to go in late as I close the store today....so much for that.

Most of our tornadoes touched down in uninhibited areas, Don't think we have seen the last of heavy storms.

WW your boat allow you to fish in the rain ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15896 on: May 28, 2019, 09:39 AM »
OS, Bud glad you are both well :thumbsup: Looked like some heavy crap went through.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15897 on: May 28, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Thank goodness everyone is safe  :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15898 on: May 28, 2019, 11:03 AM »

OS.......Glad to hear you and family are safe. :thumbsup:

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15899 on: May 28, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Thanks everyone!!  :thumbsup:
OS and family!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.