Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63242 times)

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:16 AM »
My favorite thread to read...now I just need to get up there a few times and put some faces with some names and fish.  Never fished NF but always wanted to.  Drove by last week as I had to go to skips to pick up my son's model 700 30.06 that had a manufacturer defect.  I pulled in where I saw Laker Takers truck (I assume by the NH Plate) but wasn't sure where to access the lake so I went over to Center Harbor.  Was thinking maybe Saturday but don't know anyone.  I have sled, shack and all the gear but going alone sorta sucks.  Tight lines and be safe everyone.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2019, 09:09 AM »
You're never alone at the Circus! I enjoyed my day on the ice listening to the Patriots and had fish all over my sonar. Constant fish on the device but I could not get the damn things to bite. I was amazed at all the people on the ice! Parking was a bit of an issue, I don't think I was legal but never got a ticket. Will be nice to get ice in the broads so we can park at Wellington.

Gonna order up a radio today so I can be "connected" next time I visit!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Managed to get the new runners on this afternoon. Now I can work on getting the wiring in and the storage figured out. At least I can work out of the weather now. Hoping to be able to launch from Wellington a week from Sat.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:13 PM »
Managed to get the new runners on this afternoon. Now I can work on getting the wiring in and the storage figured out. At least I can work out of the weather now. Hoping to be able to launch from Wellington a week from Sat.
I would think the ice would be good to go by then, Dragin!
We’ll probably be bouncing north of Mayhew by then too.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:33 PM »
My favorite thread to read...now I just need to get up there a few times and put some faces with some names and fish.  Never fished NF but always wanted to.  Drove by last week as I had to go to skips to pick up my son's model 700 30.06 that had a manufacturer defect.  I pulled in where I saw Laker Takers truck (I assume by the NH Plate) but wasn't sure where to access the lake so I went over to Center Harbor.  Was thinking maybe Saturday but don't know anyone.  I have sled, shack and all the gear but going alone sorta sucks.  Tight lines and be safe everyone.

We’re you happy with the results? Curious because I just picked up a new model 750 in .35 whelen that are known for jams and I hear they are great with the issue
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #35 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:01 AM »
Jiggin thank you for all the time you spend posting about your fishing and the video footage. Also to all the other Circus members thank you for your posts special community you folks have going may it survive for many more years. Good to see there are still places where folks will check on each other's shanties and help to relocate them as needed during the season. May all of you have a good season on Newfound Lake.

Steve

Offline rlace19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:03 PM »
Nice early season lakers! Thinking of heading out that way this weekend. How’s the ice at the state launch?

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:57 AM »
We’re you happy with the results? Curious because I just picked up a new model 750 in .35 whelen that are known for jams and I hear they are great with the issue

Paid $1,000 (gun only - no scope) for my son's brand new model 700 with stainless barrel and put a Leupold 3.5X12X50 and it's a sweet gun.  Was his early Christmas gift but never got to use it this year.  He ended up using my old 740 woodmaster that his killed a huge number of deer.  He ended up getting one with his bow and I got 4 with my bow this year.  Problem was that the pre-drilled/taped holes for the scope mounting rail were not drilled true.  Thought they used a Jig at the manufacturer for this??  When I mounted the rail, rings and scope, it was visibly off.  I laser sighted anyway to see how much it was off.  At 75 yards, I could not get closer than 5 inches to the bull from the left.  The scope didn't have enough adjustment.  I tried the mounts with the "windage" adjustments and still wasn't enough.  Problem was the holes weren't drilled true and caused the rail to twist and nothing was recovery the deficit it caused.  To answer your question, I was very happy with Skip's.  Andrew is a good dude and the Remington rep that does the repairs redrilled (oversize) to 8/32 I believe and corrected the issue.  Laser sighted and test fired and was good.  Then my son was rubbing holes sighted in at 100.  We only put a few 165gr through it so we'll keep shooting as time allows to make sure all is good.  I do believe I heard that model you have had a trigger recall.  If it was worked on already, it will have a small pin prick on the tab next to trigger. 

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Glad to hear! No, mine has not been worked on. Although I’m not the original owner I am good friends with them and have used this rifle on many hunts even before the purchase. Anyway, I dont ever recall a recall lol.

I have a 740 like you as well, in aught 6. That one has never jammed or had a single issue. I think it’s a 1959.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline sorelippin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Glad to hear! No, mine has not been worked on. Although I’m not the original owner I am good friends with them and have used this rifle on many hunts even before the purchase. Anyway, I dont ever recall a recall lol.

I have a 740 like you as well, in aught 6. That one has never jammed or had a single issue. I think it’s a 1959.

Mine is the same one...grandfather bought it a Sears in the 50's or 60;s.  Have the carbine and long rifle both in .06

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2019, 11:27 AM »
1/16

After work, Bounced the house outta Cummings beach. There were some bumpy “Himalaya” ice to cross and then smooth ice (not black ice, but snow ice) which made it difficult to stop the house. All went good. Tippin made it up too. Thanks to “someone” for checking the ice for us.

Was late when I got done but managed to put together  my bait, food for the next few days, sleeping gear, etc and ready to go in the morning.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 17, 2019, 12:14 PM »
1/16

After work, Bounced the house outta Cummings beach. There were some bumpy “Himalaya” ice to cross and then smooth ice (not black ice, but snow ice) which made it difficult to stop the house. All went good. Tippin made it up too. Thanks to “someone” for checking the ice for us.

Was late when I got done but managed to put together  my bait, food for the next few days, sleeping gear, etc and ready to go in the morning.

Good luck the next few days jiggin!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 17, 2019, 01:14 PM »
1/16

Nice... Good luck riding out the storm in the shack, that sounds like a great time.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 17, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Posting at the Dark Side has to be approved by the Captain. What happens at the Dark Side stays at the Dark Side. Guinea rumors has it there will be cookies this year. The new bobhouse needs to be blessed.

I left cookies at the Capt's cabin once. I went back the next day hoping for a few cookies while out there, and the stormtroopers had eaten them all.
As the old French lady next door when I was growing up used to say.... bastits.

I'll bring more in exchange for a warming hut this year. I can't use my portable this year (longish story) so wind relief is welcome. :)

This Saturday I'm taking a young 'un out for free fishing day on a local pond, but I hope to get down there in the next couple of weeks.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #44 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:11 PM »
  I see Jiggin and Lakertaker park away from Cummings, way to go!  :clap:Jiggin, I think I could see your light looking south from the Ledges.

How much ice and can we go south from the launch at Wellington?

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:17 PM »
  I see Jiggin and Lakertaker park away from Cummings, way to go!  :clap:Jiggin, I think I could see your light looking south from the Ledges.

How much ice and can we go south from the launch at Wellington?

I was going to ask the same thing Dragin! I imagine they bounced up to North of Mayhew?

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 17, 2019, 05:20 PM »
I left cookies at the Capt's cabin once. I went back the next day hoping for a few cookies while out there, and the stormtroopers had eaten them all.

I'll bring more in exchange for a warming hut this year. I can't use my portable this year (longish story) so wind relief is welcome. :)

This Saturday I'm taking a young 'un out for free fishing day on a local pond, but I hope to get down there in the next couple of weeks.

I'll bring cookies those guys are animals at the Dark Side. Can't wait to hear the story about the portable. I hope to be there the weekend of the 26th.
"I'm taking a young 'un out for free fishing day on a local pond"  Always thought you might be a Cougar.  ::) Good luck fishing.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:46 PM »
1/17

Wellington has about 7” of snow ice. All the way down to Mathew Island. Need creepers. Parking is nicely plowed.

Temps today were cold but no wind. Was a beautiful day but the fishing was slow. Got 2 lakers and so far 1 cusk. 

With the temps being around 10f tonight and no wind i decided it would be a perfect night to sleep out.

See what tomorrow brings.

Buckle up, we’re going to get some snow.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:56 PM »
:laugh:
Always thought you might be a Cougar.  ::)
:whistle:  ;)

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #49 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:03 PM »
1/17

Wellington has about 7” of snow ice. All the way down to Mathew Island. Need creepers. Parking is nicely plowed.

Temps today were cold but no wind. Was a beautiful day but the fishing was slow. Got 2 lakers and so far 1 cusk. 

With the temps being around 10f tonight and no wind i decided it would be a perfect night to sleep out.

See what tomorrow brings.

Must be awesome spending a night on the ice.....enjoy an have a great night 👍🏻
Buckle up, we’re going to get some snow.

I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #50 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Jiggin thanks for the photos you are off to a good start have fun trying to best your total lakers caught from last year. Guinea have fun and good fishing on your trip,thank you for getting a young person interested/started in ice fishing. I see the ribbing between Circus members is still going strong.  ::) :whistle:
Steve

Offline jpease

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Jiggin, you eating that dusk tonight?

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 18, 2019, 12:01 AM »
Enjoy your night on the lake tonight - hope it is productive!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #53 on: Jan 18, 2019, 05:46 AM »
Jiggin, you eating that dusk tonight?

No, too small for me. Waiting for the bigger ones.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #54 on: Jan 18, 2019, 07:03 AM »

I'll bring more in exchange for a warming hut this year. I can't use my portable this year (long story) so wind relief is welcome. I hope to get down there in the next couple of weeks.
No cookies but plenty of room in the new “warming hut”. We’ll leave the light on for you!

Capt. Black

Denny, setting sail tomorrow. We’ll be out next weekend for sure. Can’t wait to “raise the black”. Watch out for cougars!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 18, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 18, 2019, 03:53 PM »
No cookies but plenty of room in the new “warming hut”. We’ll leave the light on for you!

Capt. Black

Denny, setting sail tomorrow. We’ll be out next weekend for sure. Can’t wait to “raise the black”. Watch out for cougars!

Good luck Captain wish I could be there but I can't get out of this commitment for tomorrow. Plan to be there next weekend should I bring my Mate?

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #58 on: Jan 18, 2019, 06:11 PM »
1/18

Great night sleep. No wind and cool. End the evening w 3 cusk.

Morning started out good. Got up, turned on the camera and immediately saw lakers.
Lost one after several attempts while I was on the throne.

No wind day today.  Temps were in the 20’s. Overcast and snowed from time to time.  Slow fishing day but saw quite a few on the camera, chum eaters that didn’t want to play.

Talk on the lake today was about the upcoming snow storm.
Decided to bounce up the lake so not to get socked in w deep snow at Mathew. Wind typically blow from the north to the south (more or less). Decided to try to get ahead of it and went north.

Managed to Make it to my spot on Whittemore point.
Couldn’t make it any further, one of my Argo tire blew out. None that I could find in NH. :(
Had to order one. Will be a long walk to check the house after the storm. Do what ya gotta do.

Had a surprise visit by the Northwoods Law crew today.  Did some ‘bobhouse’ filming.

Looks to be a another nice night out. Currently 0 mph wind and 21f. Gonna stay.....

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #59 on: Jan 18, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Nice to drive by the lake on the way to work and see the likes on. Way to go Jiggin. Hopefully next weekend will set mine out. Can't wait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.