The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing for Trout or Salmon near Reading, PA??  (Read 2413 times)

Offline salmon_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • put it on ice!
Ice fishing for Trout or Salmon near Reading, PA??
« on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Can anyone help point me to lakes or ponds near Reading, PA area where there are Trout or Salmon?  New to area and appreciate any information you can share with me.  Thanks! :tipup:

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice fishing for Trout or Salmon near Reading, PA??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2005, 06:52 PM »
I'm sure that someone will chime in who has better info on your area than I do, but........ Go to the PA fish & boat commisions website, click on the winter trout stocking link and that should provide you with a list of stocked waters, broken down by county.

80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Try Antietam Lake in Reading

http://www.berkscountyweb.com/Antietam_Lake.htm

Its stocked with trout October 4th, December 6th, Feb 2nd

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Kaerchers Creek Lake, Antietam Lake, Hopewell and Scott's Run Lakes(in French Creek State Park) I think all get stocked with trout and are all in Berks County.

Ken                                          

Offline Foxbow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Hey I'm fairly new here but I'll tell ya from first hand experience, try Kaerchers Creek for trout, caught several and lost more last year, no trout stamp required either! Maybe I'll see ya on the ice! ;D
"Be the dominant predator!"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2005, 09:47 PM »
No trout stamp required? Unless you are under 16, disabled, and posess a free license, or have a senior lifetime license, you do need a trout stamp to fish for trout in ( pg. 5 of the regs) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Foxbow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2005, 10:20 PM »
Maybe I missposted, it is not an approved trout water yet. Technically if you are targeting trout, you should get one. i was not, but found out they did stock it and did catch some trout (put back).
"Be the dominant predator!"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2005, 07:09 AM »
Hey, not trying to be a hard ##s, just don't want fellow ice anglers to get in trouble. Are there any good panfish in Kaerchers?

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2005, 09:04 AM »
I read an ice fishing article in the PA Angler & Boater a few years ago, and Kearchers was described as being one of the better spots for panfish in the southeast area.  I fished it one time for about five hours, and I didn't catch a thing.  Worse yet, I don't even think I marked a single fish on the sonar.

I am not familiar with the lake, but I moved to several different spots trying to locate fish (different depths, weeds, dam, etc.).  I couldn't come up with anything.

That doesn't mean much though.  The next guy could go there and have a field day.

igloolou

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Are there any good panfish in Kaerchers?

ROTFLMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Look up some of my posts about Kearcher creek.   There is an over abundance of small panfish in this lake.  This is a "big bass" lake but, there aren't many big bass in it. Although, last year some nice perch were caught.  Since they stocked trout in there last year they have been the typical catch.

This is my "home" lake since I live about 2 minutes from it.  But, I in no way want to deter anyone from fishing there.  Just like anywhere else ya never know what you'll catch!

Offline salmon_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • put it on ice!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Thanks guys for the info!!  I will check out these spots and let ya know what I find.  Almost thought I heard someone say Antiem and thought I was in Kansas!  :-)  Best of luck, now let;s get some ice!  This weather sure isn;t helping :-(

Thanks again guys...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.