Author Topic: Live bait  (Read 966 times)

Offline kinkyfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Live bait
« on: Jan 08, 2004, 08:20 AM »
I am sure that any fisherperson who fishes live bait runs into this.

Lets say you have @ $10 to spend,and are going out for any afternoon into evening on a local lake.  You plan to set a couple of tipups for pike/walleye/bass, and will jig for bluegill and crappie.  What selection of bait would you choose to bring?

My normal choice would be a combination of
waxworms ::)
wigglers ;D
minnows (fathead or shiners ????)
Golden roach for the tipups :'(.

How about you?

Kinky

Offline howey1176

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Live bait
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2004, 11:33 AM »
I normally just fish for pike with pike shiners, but when that gets slow I'll drop some fatheads in the water for some perch.

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2004, 03:17 PM »
The biggest I can afford.....in this case $10.00 would get me about six 10-12" golden pond shiners or suckers. Over the years I've learned to "Put my time in" for monster fish. I can go weeks at a time without a tip-up, but man when I get one on it's usually huge. Where I fish isn't exactly a pike/muskie factory like where some of these members live. I have to put the time in. Some people can get lucky once and get a monster their first time, but it won't happen again. At least where I live.

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2004, 03:25 PM »
matt   ;D ;D ;D ;D 10-12" golden pond shiners or suckers???? those should be released to grow larger so you can slam that one of a lifetime  ;D ;D  grump   how have you done so far this season?

MUSKY 2004

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2004, 07:52 PM »
I JUST USE GOLDEN POND SHINERS FOR PIKE,AND JIG WITH MOUSYS OR SPIKES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.