Author Topic: crappie day  (Read 835 times)

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
crappie day
« on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:01 AM »
monday got a late start didnt get set up till 830.  action was fast and furious could only get 4 traps in for the day.  between the four of us we had 75 flags landed 49 slabs a few bas and a couple perch biggest crappie was 15.5 inches of the ice at 230 ran out of bait what a day
ps tried to take pictures but dropped the camera and it decided to bounce into the hole and right to the bottom sucks 300 dollars at the bottom

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: crappie day
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:52 AM »
nice job out there!  didn't you lose a camera down a hole while smelting last year too??  OUCH!!!

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:27 AM »
 :tipup: :tipup:  That's why most cameras have a little wrist tether.  I've never taken a $300 camera on the ice ::)    Maybe if you make smaller holes you will lose fewer cameras ???   

Dick :tipup: :tipup:

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:08 PM »
49 Crappie, I would have lost count, lol. 15.5 is a nice crappie. Sounds like a great day besides the camera, Watched my friend drop his Iphone down a hole while pulling up a crappie last year. :o You know what they say, its just a story without pics. j/k

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:09 PM »
have you tried jigging for the crappie, thats a  lot of craps to get on tip-ups, you would probably hammer them if you were jigging as well. man thats a lot of fish.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:40 PM »
never lost a camera before sucks but what are you going to do never tried jigging them any pointers on that and what to use dont want to know secrets just the basics thanks

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:45 PM »
never lost a camera before sucks but what are you going to do never tried jigging them any pointers on that and what to use dont want to know secrets just the basics thanks

Camera or no camera, you still have the experience and memories. I don't have a tether on mine, hmm.

Try this post
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=188228.0

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2011, 02:29 PM »
never lost a camera before

you sure about that????

no only had cell phone with me i dropped my other camera through the hole smelt fishing last weekend a little to much to drink

Offline fishcaptain1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2011, 04:37 AM »
guess i forgot like i said to much to drink sorry

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Congrats, had to be an awesome day!

I have to say it is hard core when you lose count of fish landed and cameras dropped in the hole  ;)
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.