Author Topic: Cattail slough  (Read 2980 times)

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cattail slough
« on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:26 AM »
Looking for some info if anyone has been on cattail slough on pool 14 I never have been there usually I mostly fish pool 13 but looking to branch out and try some new areas
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cattail slough
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:58 AM »
I have not been there and do not fish it in the winter. I have seen guys there but, if you do go-go with some one. There is a sign by the dnr that state that there is springs in the area of cattail. There has been a couple of ice fisherman that have lost there lives there. If you go be careful. :tipup:

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:17 AM »
Can be sketchy, a lot of years it never does get safe ice. Find a brush pile and you are golden, its a long walk though. Pack light if you can.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:41 AM »
That’s what I’ve heard there are springs and deep water on the map we’re the boat ramp is the fishing decent there or do you have to go south
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:04 PM »
Never will go there. Not worth it. Plenty of good fishing backwaters, no need to risk your neck at that place.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2019, 01:39 PM »
That’s what I’ve heard there are springs and deep water on the map we’re the boat ramp is the fishing decent there or do you have to go south

That area right around the boat ramp looks real promising, and it is fairly deep, but I've never had any real luck there. There's structure to the South that is worth fishing. I've always heard about the springs, and there is a sign posted, no idea where they are, and that's what makes it scary, unless you are going to spud all they way out, it's impossible to see where the dangerous spots are.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Is there any good places to tipup fish northern on pool 14 haven’t had very good luck the last couple of years flag fishing pike on pool 13 can catch the crap out of them during the open water season

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Is there any good places to tipup fish northern on pool 14 haven’t had very good luck the last couple of years flag fishing pike on pool 13 can catch the crap out of them during the open water season

14 doesn't have any good pike backwaters, I mean you may be able to catch one in clinton or rock creek.. but more of a random chance that one swims by than anything. P13 is 50 times a better pike pool than 14.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.