Author Topic: 2014 ice season's  (Read 628 times)

Offline troutking90

• Team IceShanty Regular
2014 ice season's
« on: Jan 28, 2014, 07:55 PM »
well fellers now that we are at mid season. hows ur season going?
mine has been farily slow and uneventful i have been doing well with musky's and blue gills and perch. but I am struggling with bass trout and koke's this year as weird as that is.
I live for hardware 365 days a year

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: 2014 ice season's
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Its been a good year troutking, i was able to mark a few off the list for 1st time iced with some large mouth at holmes, pike at yuba and a koke at the gorge. The burbot bash turned out better than usual with our lip rippers team placing 2nd for smallest and 10th for most. Its taken 4 years fishing that tourney but we have caught more burbot this year than the last 3 combined. Even got my 2 PB with the 30in & 31in i got back in december. Its good to hear you've been icing some musky as that's always on my list for the ice. Would be great to see some pics. Sorry to hear the bass, trout and kokes have been giving you the lock jaw
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline The Don Mega

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2014 ice season's
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:19 PM »
This is only my second season ice fishing and its been better for me.  I'm starting to get a better idea of how to ice fish and where to go.  I mainly picked it up as a hobby to spend time with my kids and help them learn to appreciate what our great state has to offer.  I have a four year old daughter who will stay on the ice all day if I let her.  Last year she iced a 23" cut throat on strawberry.  We have a good time and if we catch fish it's even better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.