Author Topic: Marcum vx-1 pro v.s Genz pack fl-8 vexilar?  (Read 20371 times)

Offline perchbrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum vx-1 pro v.s Genz pack fl-8 vexilar?
« Reply #60 on: Dec 23, 2013, 08:16 AM »
I bought a Marcum VX 1 pro last year, well worth the price works amazing, great features on entry flasher, former Vex user.  You wont be disappointed with the Marcum and easy on the pocket!
BAIT (√) BEER (√) SHANTY (√) FISH (?) STORY (√)

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:03 AM »
Bought a VX-1p, used it a couple times and sold it.  Didn't like it as well as my FL-18.  My opinion was it was very cheaply made.  Just didn't seem like a quality item.  The transducer looked like something a preschooler designed. 

Offline hagfan72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 23, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Bought a VX-1p, used it a couple times and sold it.  Didn't like it as well as my FL-18.  My opinion was it was very cheaply made.  Just didn't seem like a quality item.  The transducer looked like something a preschooler designed.

I may be wrong, ddlpole, but aren't you comparing a $290 flasher to a $450+ flasher??? :-\

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 23, 2013, 06:33 PM »
In all reality the VX1 and FL-18 are about equal in terms of functions, so basicly you pay $200 more for the same thing with a different name....

Offline ddlpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 23, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Paid $340 for my FL-18 last year new at RedRock.  Oh ya, and $12 for a soft pack. 

Offline Phazer icefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Apr 01, 2014, 08:54 AM »
I mostly fish in waters from 6-25 feet of water with weeds would the Fl-8 or Vx-1 be better for me. I really like the Pro pack how it fits in a 5 gallon bucket. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:55 AM »
Vexilar in a heart beat, love the marcum, I have two, but on my 4th or 5th motor on my new lx3!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:47 PM »
Marcum's customer service completely rubbed me the wrong way. After a phone call to Vexilar, it was an easy choice for me to switch from Marcum to Vexilar. I would suggest calling each company a couple times with your questions before making your decision.

Offline bassbull

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #68 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:09 AM »
I have a  lX-5 and won't trade it for any other make. Have looked and watched a lot of flashers before I bought  the Marcum . The others screens (VEX)  all looked like I was in the Disco age again. No way was I going to watch a screen flashing and rotating colors about all day. My Marcum is rock steady and is 5 years old and still going strong. It gets used at least 100 days strait in the winter and this open water season I'm thinking about putting it in my boat to fish gills and crappies in the deep barge pits. Just my 2 cents. Have a good day. STEVE

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Aug 15, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I've had my VX1 since they came out - it's been dunked, dang near lost through a crack, kicked, froze, dropped, and fished hard.  Other than being a little noisy, it's still just as strong as ever.   I've tried to kill it, but it won't die.  I even use it in the summer sometimes as jigging locator on the bow.

I liked that it had the same features that the upper end Vex had for less money, but HB didn't have their 35 series out when I bought mine.  For a few bucks more, the HB ICE35 has a few more features than the Marcum and HB's legendary customer service.

If I was going to buy a budget flasher, it'd be an HB ICE35, no offense to Marcum.

If I was going to spend the bank on a traditional flasher, that new Vex FLX-28 is the cats rearend.

Hows that for spreading the love around?   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.