Author Topic: No-knot Fas-snaps  (Read 6220 times)

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
No-knot Fas-snaps
« on: Nov 03, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Hey anyone use these? I found some at a meijers store couple years ago. I use them on 1 pole to change colors and bluegill jigs quickly. Once I find the right combo I tie on to my other pole without the fas-snap. Doesnt seem to bother the gills much even with tiny jigs. These are a little smaller than some others of the like.

http://www.basspro.com/No-Knot-Fas-Snap/product/2463/59249?cm_ven=bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=2463&cm_ite=image_link

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: No-knot Fas-snaps
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Yes, when it's nasty cold, you can switch back and forth without having to re-tie or having a snap on the end of the line.  Never had one break or lose a hook or jig..yet.

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2011, 04:02 PM »
I use them to make my dropper hooks, the dropper chains are real hard to find aounrd here !

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:01 PM »
I use the ones that were made by Northland. I see now that they don't make them anymore. Good thing I bought 6 packs last year when I found them.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:45 PM »
I use them and love 'em.... ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:59 PM »
the fas snap sounds like it would be easy to use but i don't retie enough as it is.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2011, 07:11 PM »
I use the ones that were made by Northland. I see now that they don't make them anymore. Good thing I bought 6 packs last year when I found them.

No kidding?  My Scheels just put out a full rack, must be left overs from last season....I guess I'd better go buy them all.

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: No-knot Fast-snaps
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I use them on all my leaders on my trolling rods that are great for switching plugs.
Never thought of ice but will give it a try.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline MitchMeyers92

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO HAWKS!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2011, 01:37 AM »
I work at Gander Mountain and we just got a northland shipment in today while i was there, including 2 different sizes of clips. They are in the standard yellow northland packaging and they just say "terminal tackle" on them. They come in a QS1 and QS2, with the 2 being the bigger one. Pretty sure they are still made but i could be wrong.

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2011, 04:53 AM »
I looked on there website and they didn't have a listing. If that's the case I'm off to gander this weekend to see about buying 6 or 7 packs since they have them. Thanks

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2011, 04:56 AM »
Northland sent my money back in October when I tried to order them ??

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2011, 04:59 AM »
Thats what I thought. Gonna have to hit a few gander's to see what I can find. I love them and when I'm fishing with my friends they want some after I switch my jigs with out having to tie again.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Just got 8 packs from Scheels  ;D ;D

Offline flyfishr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Revenuers don't stand a chance
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Hey anyone use these? I found some at a meijers store couple years ago. I use them on 1 pole to change colors and bluegill jigs quickly. Once I find the right combo I tie on to my other pole without the fas-snap. Doesnt seem to bother the gills much even with tiny jigs. These are a little smaller than some others of the like.

http://www.basspro.com/No-Knot-Fas-Snap/product/2463/59249?cm_ven=bazaarvoice&cm_cat=RLP&cm_pla=2463&cm_ite=image_link

I have used these for over 10yrs.  Got started using the small ones with my fly rod and I thought they ought to work great for ice fishing.  Have pulled 5# cats up through the ice with out any problems.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Been using them almost since I was an ice pup. ;D ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Like the black ones better, that silver plating makes it a bit thick to fit some eyes. Prefer a loop knot but do have them on my backups when chasing size, shape and color preferences when the fish get finicky. They do let the jig swing fairly free. Been using them for decades

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #17 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:38 PM »
the fas snap sounds like it would be easy to use but i don't retie enough as it is.

That's exactly why I am going to try the Fas Snap, I tend to not to vary my presentation even when the fish become sniffers. It will probably be easier on these old eyes, especially tying them on in warmer conditions, dexterity seems to be going too ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 04, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Use a size C-24 large fas-snap, size 3 Mustad clip  #77145, allows for fast change of Hali's or Shuck's jigger minnow

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2011, 03:12 PM »
I use them, and i love them.
those pesky little perch hooks are hard to tie and retie when i want to change. So these were the obvious answer  :tipup:

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline guthook1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Cabela's internet under swivels/snaps/clevises - 4 sizes....found them in the stores in the flyfishing section.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Like the black ones better, that silver plating makes it a bit thick to fit some eyes. Prefer a loop knot but do have them on my backups when chasing size, shape and color preferences when the fish get finicky. They do let the jig swing fairly free. Been using them for decades

been using them i think for ever , i also use them for trout fishing to ,and i have used them for trolling for eyes 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:47 PM »
How many come in a pack for the $8.99 from Cabelas?
Never mind I finally found it. It is 30.
<===Lefty===

surflizard

« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2011, 06:13 PM »
I found some way in the back with the fly fishing gear at my local shop this afternoon, 5 for a Buck, mediums and smalls !  :thumbsup:

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2011, 07:30 PM »

Offline davef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 07, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I've been using them for a long time.  I even use them for river steelhead fishing.  In 10 years I've maybe had 2 of the silver colored ones come unbent.  Haven't been as lucky with the black ones, though I'm sure they are strong enough for most fishing.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:45 AM »
I have always had trouble swapping from one lure to the next.  Is there a secret to it.  My fingers are pretty thick, so I find them pretty frustrating.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

surflizard

« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:50 AM »
I have very small set of needle nose pliers that I use to change out the lures, it works well for me !

Offline Gamedog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 16, 2011, 07:58 AM »
I have them and have tried them., they were a pain to use when ice fishing, they are to small (even the bigger ones) to be switching in cold weather, you almost have to use needle nose pliers to take off your lure/jig.
We are where we are, cause that's where we choose to be.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Not a big fan of them, especially with finicky pannies. I have used them on some jigs where the eye is sorta "punched" into the jig itself, leaving a sharp edge that could cut the line.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.