The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cabela's in Billings  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
Cabela's in Billings
« on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I heard that they are building a Cabala's in Billings and have already broke ground on the project.  It's suppose to be the largest retail store in Montana.  Anyone have any other details????

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cabela's in Billings
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2007, 11:33 AM »
That would be great if they did.. But i have also heard the same rumors that they are building one between three forks and bozeman.. I heard they had already purchased the land.. But once again they are all rumors and I'll believe it when i see it!

ninepipe

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:29 PM »
Article or not, I have heard this over and over and over. Belive it when you see it.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Article or not, I have heard this over and over and over. Belive it when you see it.

No Kidding
I think their trying to just get us rowled up. :-\

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2007, 02:19 PM »
Bozeman  is getting a sportsmans warehouse, already built. My buddy was over there pouring concrete a week ago.....

They carry a butt load of ice gear don't they?

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Guess I got spoiled when I moved from Wyoming to Utah.

Sportsmans is 5 miles away and Cabelas is 45.

Still only an hour for me to get to God's Country (WYOMING)!

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Don't you guys have a Scheels?

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Anything's better than the pack of idiots at bob wards...their selection pretty much sucks too. They know we have no options so they can act like a holes and only stock what they want.

You don't get this pissed on your boat do you?????

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Anything's better than the pack of idiots at bob wards...their selection pretty much sucks too. They know we have no options so they can act like a holes and only stock what they want.

No kidding on the idiot part.  I went there looking for a Marcum last year and the guy had no clue.  Then I said its a flasher and he was really confused as he looked for the nekkid person.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2007, 03:54 PM »
The Closest confirmed Cabelas is going to be in Post Falls Idaho.  It is listed in the new stores for 2007 section in the Cabelas master catalog....

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2007, 04:49 PM »
Not following you mooter ??? ???

Thought you were getting steamed

Do you keep a fairly level head on your boat? LOL

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Don't you guys have a Scheels?
The have a Scheels in Great Falls.  They just redid it and I hear its real nice but I havn't went there yet.  My dad did but they didn't have much for ice gear as they re-opened as the season was drawing to an end.  Next year should be good though.  I had to go to 4 different stores this year in Helena to find a polar tip up. It was ridiculous.

Offline Icejigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2007, 05:50 PM »
Billings has a Scheels with a pretty good line of ice  fishing eqt.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2007, 08:14 PM »
After talking to a local taxidermist, he claims Cabela's has purchased land in the western edge of Billings.His wife works for Army Corp. of Engineers , and Cabelas has applied for a permit to break ground. If they open in Billings,I'll probably have to find a second job. :(

We can only hope, all though Billings if farther for me than Post Falls.  It still makes the local guys stand up and take note and puts the fear of God into them.  We all can only benefit from a little more quality competition...

ninepipe

« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2007, 07:50 AM »
I will probably go check out Post Falls as I know that one is really coming. I still doubt Billings will happen. Seems way out of the way.....not enough larger cities close by...dunno.
We have a Sportsmans Warehouse here and I like it. The ice selection realy sucks, though, and I have told the manager that several times. All kinds of weird, bizzare jigs that I have never seen and wouldnever buy.....hardly any standard stuff. How hard is it to stock a good ice rod that actually has a real seat and not to plastic rings? (They do have Vexilars though)
I dont know what Cabelas could do any differently that Sportsmans warehouse.  As far as making the other guys take notice....don't count on that either. We also have the same idiots at Bob Wards here and also Sportsmans Surplus. The guys are a$$es and will never go out of there way for you. AND there prices are still 15-20% than Sportsmans Warehouse!!!!.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2007, 07:54 AM »
DID YOU KNOW????? I used to live in Kansas City, and the Cabelas in Kansas City, Kansas is Kansas' largest tourist attraction. It draws more people every year than anything else in the state, now THATS saying alot!

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:13 AM »
You should see me when I lose a fish >:( >:( :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Hey those still count.  You touched them.   ;D

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:16 AM »
DID YOU KNOW????? I used to live in Kansas City, and the Cabelas in Kansas City, Kansas is Kansas' largest tourist attraction. It draws more people every year than anything else in the state, now THATS saying alot!

I did a report on Cabelas for my masters and one of the sources I cited said that more people visit the Cabelas in Texas than they do the Alamo.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:49 AM »
Guess I got spoiled when I moved from Wyoming to Utah.

Sportsmans is 5 miles away and Cabelas is 45.

Still only an hour for me to get to God's Country (WYOMING)!
I lived in Wyoming, and I will tell you Montana is much better!  Sportsmans does carry a lot of ice gear.  I bought a portable Eskimo Shanty at the Missoula Sportsmans for cheaper than Scheels or any other place around here.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I don't like Wards or Scheels. They both are too expensive, and they don't have the selection that Sportsmans has.

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:55 AM »
I lived in Wyoming, and I will tell you Montana is much better!  Sportsmans does carry a lot of ice gear.  I bought a portable Eskimo Shanty at the Missoula Sportsmans for cheaper than Scheels or any other place around here.

I spent alot of time in Great Falls.  I did like fishing the Missouri especially down by Craig.  I will just say that each state has its own great mystique that draws me to them.  I just like WYO better because I lived there for 12 years.

Gus

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Do they still have the Big Bear Sporting Goods in Great Falls?

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 08, 2007, 10:13 AM »
I think that Sportsmens Warehouses are the cats meow. They definitely have the best prices around, only problem is where I live the closest one is a 2 hour drive away.

Offline spearfishen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2007, 10:27 AM »
big bear in great falls is a joke  there fishing & reloading gear is sad

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #26 on: Mar 08, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Well any way it shakes out I can't wait!!!  It will be a nice change...

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:14 AM »
big bear in great falls is a joke  there fishing & reloading gear is sad

The only good stuff at Big Bear IMHO was their clothing selection.  It has been about 4 years since I have been there.  The one in Minot, ND was not much better.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:25 AM »
To be honest Gusman, I loved Wyoming. The hunting and fishing is incredible.  The problem I had, had nothing to do with that or the scenery. I didn't like all of the "Mickey Mouse" laws, and fees for everything.  There is a Big Bear in GF and Billings.  I like Big Bear, much better than Sheels or Wards. Sportsmans is my favorite though.

Offline Gusman14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:40 AM »
To be honest Gusman, I loved Wyoming. The hunting and fishing is incredible.  The problem I had, had nothing to do with that or the scenery. I didn't like all of the "Mickey Mouse" laws, and fees for everything.

Wyoming is not bad at all compared to Utah.  In fact, I would rather hunt and pay NON RESIDENT rate to hunt WYO over Utah.  Too many people out here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.