Author Topic: Just a little Walleye today....  (Read 2375 times)

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just a little Walleye today....
« on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Just a little guy from today....our 8th Master of the Year and only been out 4 times....

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Just a little Walleye today....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:41 PM »
which lake(s) is so productive?

Offline lincoln1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:56 PM »
is the front dorsal frozen that way or is it a deformity/ battle wound?

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2015, 10:21 PM »
is the front dorsal frozen that way or is it a deformity/ battle wound?

No  must  have  been  bit   when  younger....

Different  lake  than yesterday...went  to  Manitoba.

Secret  spot, so  not  allowed  to  divulge....sorry, but  guy  I  fish  with  has honey holes and  he  has  found  through  45  years  of  fishing  these  lakes....he  has  spots  so  good  he  wont  go  there  in  winter  because  people  will  follow  tracks....

Offline redwing195

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Thats crap. There is alot of fish. I have found honey holes over the years at different lakes and i have never not told others about them. If they wanna go try them out then have fun. Its just poor etiquette to  be selfish like that. But thats just my opinion.

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:31 AM »
Thats crap. There is alot of fish. I have found honey holes over the years at different lakes and i have never not told others about them. If they wanna go try them out then have fun. Its just poor etiquette to  be selfish like that. But thats just my opinion.

LOL.  I hope you are joking.  Not giving the lake maybe but giving up your secret spots is never done unless you want people set up on your spot every time you go out. 

Offline redwing195

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:19 PM »
Nope not joking. I have had alot of older fisherman give me info on great honey holes. I mean why should i be the only one catching fish. If it gets fished out you find a new spot. Guess i was just brought up different. I had help learning of good spots from others so i help others like they helped me. They share info on what jigs are working and i share info that i know back. I was just taught that its good etiquette and have met alot of great fisherman in the process. But each to their own. Great if you do and if you don't well thats up to you. But just remember some guy told you about this hole so someone helped you out. Anyway good luck to ya hope your winter is full of big fish. Cheers

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2015, 02:47 PM »
Nope not joking. I have had alot of older fisherman give me info on great honey holes. I mean why should i be the only one catching fish. If it gets fished out you find a new spot. Guess i was just brought up different. I had help learning of good spots from others so i help others like they helped me. They share info on what jigs are working and i share info that i know back. I was just taught that its good etiquette and have met alot of great fisherman in the process. But each to their own. Great if you do and if you don't well thats up to you. But just remember some guy told you about this hole so someone helped you out. Anyway good luck to ya hope your winter is full of big fish. Cheers

There's a big difference between giving a spot to someone you know in person VS giving a spot to the internet. I don't blame him one bit for not wanting the whole world to know, his choice!
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline cdnb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2015, 04:29 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with keeping your secret spots a secret. I've got a few of my own and there's no chance I'm telling an Internet forum where to find them.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:30 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with keeping your secret spots a secret. I've got a few of my own and there's no chance I'm telling an Internet forum where to find them.
x2
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:34 PM »
And this was given to him by a gentlemen who doesn't want it spread, so.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:36 PM »
A master angler Walleye in Manitoba is 28 inches, looks a little small but who am I to judge.

https://anglers.travelmanitoba.com/master-angler-program/rules/

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:15 PM »
A master angler Walleye in Manitoba is 28 inches, looks a little small but who am I to judge.

https://anglers.travelmanitoba.com/master-angler-program/rules/

Well  I have  caught  a  "  few"  Masters   over  the  years so  forgive  me  for  estimating  but  fish  easily  went  over  30 and  close  if not  more  than  10 lbs,  being  it  was  caught in  30 FOW  and  quite  a  long  battle, coupled  with  minus  25  I  didnt  want to  freeze its  eyeballs so  quick  pick  and  back into  water,  I  was  thankful  its  bladder  didnt  pop,  and  it  took  sone  time  to  recover.

As far  as  revealing  spots,  I  would  ,  IF  it  were  my  spot,  but someone  elses....no.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:51 PM »
 beauty fish.  i wouldn't tell my own mother where i caught that one.

Offline rutherbefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I've had a few honey holes over the years also. I made the mistake of telling other people only to have a small village set up the next time out . Never again . and also nice fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.