Author Topic: Morning Lake  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Doctorjones

• IceShanty Rookie
Morning Lake
« on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Has anyone been up to Morning yet? Would like to know condition of the road in.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
Re: Morning Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:26 PM »
there was a thread on here, i beleive, that stated the owner or proprietor was blocking the trail into morning...but....that was last yr.

Offline JackHammer09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Heard from a fishing buddy, that Cory or Henry Ratt (not sure of his first name) blocked off the entrance to the lake and the bite has been slow for the last couple weeks

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Heard Henry was blocking road and have to snowmobile in, will be there this weekend so i'll see

Offline Doctorjones

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:12 PM »
I dont see how this guy has the right to block off the road! I heard his nephew Nolan who just did a bit on a skin beef helped him block it off!

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:32 PM »
he doesn't, it's a public access road, I heard the co's are on to him but he keeps doing it.

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Was up there for 4 nights, was a nightmare   getting in as we had to drop the sleds off the trailer just to lose some weight but you can get in now with 4X4 after we broke trail. Parts of road had been plowed at one time but lots of snow since. Henry Ratt doesn't have road blocked off right now.  Slush all over the lake, need good snowmobiles and bad idea to haul a sleigh behind

Offline icecube4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Was up there for 4 nights, was a nightmare   getting in as we had to drop the sleds off the trailer just to lose some weight but you can get in now with 4X4 after we broke trail. Parts of road had been plowed at one time but lots of snow since. Henry Ratt doesn't have road blocked off right now.  Slush all over the lake, need good snowmobiles and bad idea to haul a sleigh behind
Slush all over the lake hey, how was the ice thickness, is it safe , heading up this weekend from Saskatoon, not wanting a nightmare

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:12 PM »
ice thickness is fine just lots of slush, snowmobile by itself is ok but risk getting stuck when pulling a sleigh. Was snowing pretty heavy on the way out today so conditions might get worse. Road was a lot better after a few groups were in and out of there this weekend. Didn't even try going to Triveet or any other lakes so not sure what slush conditions are like there but I did see a couple groups snowmobiling over that way

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:15 PM »
Fishing was ok, walleyes were biting good and perch was decent but not great

Offline icecube4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Fishing was ok, walleyes were biting good and perch was decent but not great
Thanks for the info probably just the two of us so at least I know what to expect a bit, u think triveet might be just too slushy then

Offline WalleyeAssasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2012, 09:10 PM »
not sure, from my experience there Triveet usually builds up with a little more snow and slush but talked to one guy who was staying at Clam Lake and he said Morning was the worst for slush out of all three lakes. I did see a few groups going over that way though, would have liked to try myself but we had only one snowmobile running good, didn't want to risk it

Offline Tears of the Dragon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:42 AM »
Just got back from up there. Triveet was by far the worst for slush. Besnard, Neale was not bad. Morning had slush but not as much as Triveet. Still not as bad anywhere as some years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.