The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: folding ice shanty MichiganaFisherman  (Read 2609 times)

Offline mfujan01

• IceShanty Rookie
folding ice shanty MichiganaFisherman
« on: Oct 03, 2023, 07:45 PM »
looking for information on MichiganaFishermans larger folding ice shanty - I am open for ideas on how to make one that folds up and fits in a bed of a pickup - yet - like his - is spacious and functional.  thanks  I live in South Dakota 

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: folding ice shanty MichiganaFisherman
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2023, 03:38 AM »
Don't  know  of a suitcase / folder made anymore. I love em' because  of the floor.
I usually  p/u a shapell/ clam or viking from
cl or fb marketplace & hinge floor on one side for spearhole & add a shelf across rear door.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2023, 05:26 AM »
The Shappell DX were the last suitcases I know of, and they axed those last year. I love mine, got it 4/5 years ago.

Used ones pop up for sale here and there. There were a ton of them made by a lot of companies from the 90s into the late 2000s before hubs moved in and murdered the market.

Agree with RonnieD, online used market is going to be your best bet now that they're obsolete.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2023, 06:28 AM »
I am still around, just don't post much.
I'm pulling out all my folding shanties and getting ready for the season.
I can answer any questions you may have.
I built the shanty a long time ago, it seems, but it still works great.
By the way if you spell my name correctly it will show up on the tube
Michianafisherman I live on the border of Michigan and Indiana so a 50mile stretch is called Michiana

Next week I am modifying my two man shanty.

I might do some videos? depends on who's interested.
I'm making it taller to stand up inside and a full length door.
This will make it more stable when towing so a tow bar can be installed.
Also a nice LED light so I can see the small fishing lines.
My fishing buddies are old so I need a one man operated shanty to fish when I want.
Making the worlds fastest folding shanty more comfortable is how I plan on spending my season.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2023, 05:32 AM »
Update on my shanty.

I have been spending every night after work tinkering with my shanty.

Once I raised the walls 10 inches, my windows moved up too high to see out while sitting.
I made new windows and installed last night.
I have never built shanties so late in the year but I'm having a blast with all the problem solving.
Making a full length door was one of the problems to figure out, but it works great!
It's been so long since I posted any pictures on Iceshanty and photobucket because of wanting me to pay, I'm not sure what to do?

I also bought a new electric auger. My original Icegator needed new batteries and I wanted lightweight batteries that would set me back 250$
I picked up the Eskimo composite 40v at 13.5 lbs off the rack and turned around, grabbed the last one in the box and ran to the register.

we better get some ICE now

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07:50 AM »
Don't  know your equipment  situation,  but I've  always posted any pic's  I take w/ my phone & not had to pay anything, 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07:56 AM »
Update on my shanty.

I have been spending every night after work tinkering with my shanty.

Once I raised the walls 10 inches, my windows moved up too high to see out while sitting.
I made new windows and installed last night.
I have never built shanties so late in the year but I'm having a blast with all the problem solving.
Making a full length door was one of the problems to figure out, but it works great!
It's been so long since I posted any pictures on Iceshanty and photobucket because of wanting me to pay, I'm not sure what to do?

I also bought a new electric auger. My original Icegator needed new batteries and I wanted lightweight batteries that would set me back 250$
I picked up the Eskimo composite 40v at 13.5 lbs off the rack and turned around, grabbed the last one in the box and ran to the register.

we better get some ICE now

There is an add image to post at the bottom left of the reply box ...on your phone when you click on it it will bring up your phones photo gallery ...chose the photo wish to post in the message reply. On your laptop/computer it will take you to your photos.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2023, 05:18 AM »
I’ll give it a try

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.