The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Bachelor Party-mid February-where to fish  (Read 928 times)

Offline tdn5030

• IceShanty Rookie
Bachelor Party-mid February-where to fish
« on: Jan 20, 2023, 07:37 AM »
Hey, I am from Pennsylvania (horrible ice season down here) and am having an ice fishing trip for my bachelor party.  There will be about 8 of us heading somewhere in Michigan for 3-4 days of ice fishing around President’s Day weekend.  We can bring two 4-wheelers and possibly a snowmobile or two but I don’t know if that will do us any good with there being so many of us. We are pretty open to go almost anywhere in the state. Several of us are experienced ice fisherman and we have all the gear (except for units with mapping capabilities) for any kind of species other than deep lakers. I know the forecast for ice is turning for the better but it has been a rough start. Any ideas for a good direction to head? Perch and walleye spots were what I was thinking but we are up for any panfish and possibly even big pike. I do a lot of musky ice fishing in PA too so I have a ton of big tip ups.  We are willing to work hard and be extremely mobile for a good bite but I really don’t want to get skunked for 4 days.  I have a couple spots in mind but you guys would know so much better than me as I’ve never been ice fishing in Michigan before. (Just muskie fishing) This is a one time thing so don’t be worried about us coming back to fish any of these areas.  We are really just looking for a general direction to head! Feel free to pm me.  Thanks!

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
Re: Bachelor Party-mid February-where to fish
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Northern Lower MI. Gives you options with Burt, Mullet and Black all in close proximity. Fletcher's, Grand and Long further East. Or just head to the UP and fish Hessel and Munuscong Bay.
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2023, 11:00 AM »
For perch and walleye id go for burt, big lake but pretty easy to access and if you have navionics on your phone you should be able to get on fish, great population of walleye and perch, with pike, brown trouth, burbot and other species as bonus fish.... I will say thats pretty late in the season, might wanna keep tabs on ice conditions our ice isnt in the best of shape as it stands right now
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2023, 04:54 PM »
You should also check on access stickers for DNR sites. Also atv permits. If you want to head across the bridge,  look at South Manistique Lake in Curtis.  Small town.  Big lake. Some lodging and bait shops. A couple restaurants.  Gordon's resort has cabins with kitchens. 
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2023, 05:35 AM »
Lymons resort on Lake Houghton has lodging, bait, hardside shanties & guide services available. It's the largest inland lake in da mitten holds plenty of panfish & pike ( muskie season closed last month).  There's also Lakes Cadillac & Mitchell about 1/2 hr west of Houghton that have bait & lodging on site, not sure about da guide & shanties, but the fishing is usually good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.