Author Topic: Biggest Pop up shanty  (Read 5185 times)

Offline dryan117

• IceShanty Rookie
Biggest Pop up shanty
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Looking to upgrade my two-hub Glens Outdoors pop-up to get more space.  I have a small coal heater in there and a filet table with sink, so space is limited to 3-4 guys.  I have researched the Clam XL6000TC and the Clam Escape Ice as the two biggest two-hub and hexagonal pop ups....   What else is out there?  My current double up is about 80 sqft, and the Clam would up that to 112 sqft.  Anyone know of anything bigger????  Is there such a thing as a quad-hub? 

Dan

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Biggest Pop up shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2019, 02:18 PM »
the XL6000TC(top insulated only) and the XL6000 Garage(whole house is fully insulated plus the one end opens to drive a snowmobile or atv inside if you want too) are the biggest hubs on the market today. they are a 8' X 14' rectangle shape house and the Escape is a 11.5 foot Hexagon shape house.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Northern_MN Outdoorsan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2019, 02:52 PM »
I've got the XL6000 Garage. I've used it for a large two person house up to 7 guys fishing in it. Great large house. I like that it is fully insulated and has an oversize storage bag.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Scheels sells a double clam 1660 which im sure had to be the biggest. I've seen one in person and it was way bigger than my XL6000
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Patriots Pole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2019, 10:04 PM »
Check out the Eskimo 9416. Fishable area 109 ft, set up size 167”x94”. They make an insulated version too the 9416i.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:39 AM »
Scheels sells a double clam 1660 which im sure had to be the biggest. I've seen one in person and it was way bigger than my XL6000

that is a Scheels exclusive and I don't know if it was made this year. the 1660 houses were replaced with the escape houses.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2019, 12:23 PM »
The Eskimo 6120i is a roomy shack and advertised for 6.  I would say it will comfortably fish 4 adults fishing 2 holes each okay.

Offline coolasice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2019, 06:09 AM »
We have a 9416i and it is a monster of a shack, heavy and huge. My only gripe is that it needs anchors in the middle of the two long sides regardless of if you anchor the full shack or not.  The two long sides tend to bow in towards each other causing the shack to be narrow and you need to anchor them outwards for the full size.

Offline jasondavidmann

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2019, 08:19 AM »
For hosting large groups I've considered setting up a large hunting camp canvas tent with the wood stove.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.