Author Topic: Fish Trap pricing  (Read 1326 times)

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Fish Trap pricing
« on: Oct 20, 2008, 09:54 PM »
Anyone notice that FT Pro's and FT Guides are virtually the same price this year?  I've noticed this at three local dealers... doesn't make much sense.  LeBaron's has the same price for both, Riverside they're $5 apart in price, etc.... what's the reasoning behind this?

Don

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fish Trap pricing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2008, 10:27 PM »
maybe Clam is bringing out a new style Trap and wants to blow out current stock before premiering the new gear.. . how much is the Guide up there? i paid 300 last winter here in PA.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2008, 07:02 AM »
I saw the same prices on Reeds Sports for the Guide and the Pro like you mentioned.  At first i thought it might be a typo but appartently it is not.  Maybe they are phasing out one of the two shacks????  ???

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2008, 05:11 PM »
That makes no sense to me at all.  They raised the price on the Pro to the price of a Guide.  I used to own a Pro and I think I paid $229 for it two years ago.  $349 for that house is absolutely crazy.  You can get a Scout for $199.  The pro is just a scout that is a little bigger.  There is no way that house is worth $349.  There has to be some kind of a glitch in the system or maybe they are now making the sleds out of copper. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Another thing I noticed are flasher prices in Ontario.  I know we're going into a recession, our dollar is dropping quick... but an ICE55 was $500 just two weeks ago, and now the same website has it at $600... that's nuts.  An LX5 is now $700... good thing I don't buy Nature Vision products anymore  :D :D :D

Offline Riverside

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2008, 11:35 AM »
The reason for the price changes is because of the exchange rate between the $US and $CDN, I purchase most of my ice fishing stock from the manufacturers in the US, some of the items you mentioned were purchased in August and September, the money was close to par then, unfortunately most of that stock is gone, All the new stock will be purchased at the present exchange rate which is approx, $1.30 CDN for one US dollar!
Therefore an item use to cost me $500 now costs me $650, what a difference a month makes, so if any one up here in Canada is going to be making a major purchase (not just fishing related) should not wait too much longer because once the larger retailers have to order new stock, most of which comes from the US, their prices will go up!

I am kind of worried about the sales this year because of the huge price increases!

I have some Canadian distributors already adjusting their prices and they just sent me their 2009 price list in September!

I am kind of worried about the sales this year because of the huge price increases!

Too bad our gas prices don't fall the same as a barrel of oil!

The Guide now comes with a  bench seat, probably costs less than the two seats that use to be in it, there for there wasn't the same price increase on it as there was on other models

Allan
www.riversideoutdoors. ca

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2008, 12:33 PM »
thanx for the update, it is nice to hear it right from the front lines...alot of people look at the times and think prices should drop but infortunatly it goes the other way...

Just a question for riverside...I saw Ice Armour boots in the new guide...will you be carrying these boots and any idea on Canadian prices?

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I dont know about you but our gas has dropped considerably.  A dollar a gallon in the last month or so.  Makes it easier for me to hunt at least.
<br />

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I sat in one of the new guide tents (bench) with another guy and leaned back. The sled buckled and almost sent us right over backwards, anyone else tried one of the guide tents out. Also the bench (cushion) slips between the bracket when you are sitting on it and when you get up, not very comfortable. A few improvements needed on the design IMO.
I gotta chubby

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2008, 02:56 PM »
does anyone know why they would change the guide from boat seats to the bench seat? i've never really had a problem with the seats other then when i got it as a floor model and the store didn't tighten the nuts all the way...but i guess that was my fault fo not checking...

does anyone else wish they had more extras available for the guide like the center console or a traplink that connected to other shelters other then another guide?
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.