Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607347 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #17790 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:51 AM »
Good morning cloudy sky and temperature in the low twenties no snow falling yet folks at Weather Underground are saying I will see 1 to 3 inches today an additional inch overnight along with mix of rain and sleet tomorrow forecast to receive 5 to 8 inches . Eddie yes the store will be crazy today since many people only bought food for their Thanksgiving meals last week and spent Friday and Saturday Christmas shopping. Now with the snow coming they will be out in large numbers . Weather like this brings the "Flakes" out as my coworkers and I like to say does help the store increase yearly profit total.
Eddie best to you in the woods today same to your son's if they are also hunting. May the coming storm make the deer more active.
IFF good you have mechanical knowledge and where able to help your children fix their snowblower. Who ever came up with Shear pins has saved folks a good sum of money over the years though it is not always easy to access and replace the pins. Good to read their and your snow blowers are now working like new.
Icefisher-45 you may want to Park your Jeep so you can just pull out with the 4WD engaged provide you have the traction should there be a need to leave your home. While I'm glad your wife's sister are concerned about her health personally do not care for the message to her concerning you and your health problems. If they are married would they do the same  to their respective spouses. I'll get off the soap box now.
Wallyworld good you have the tractor with snowblower to deal with snow removal . Happy for you Mr.WW came home from deer camp so you will not deal with snow clean up by yourself. Have a good day in the kitchen sure all the youngsters attending the fire dept. Christmas/Holiday party will appreciate the fruits of your labor.
Hunts2long sounds like a cold day in the woods best to you if you do go out hunting. Also a good night to your bowling teammates and you i know folks up your way deal better with snow so not as many things get cancelled like down in my part of NY.
Whopper Stopper the wet heavy snow is not don't look forward to removing if I get an extended period of rain  with the coming snow. don't over extend your self with the snow clean up. My Email in-box has been seeing a steady stream from a certain company that takes it's name from the city of Duluth,MN. Glad you had no computer problems this morning.
Ice Wander may you have a safe drive to Vermont.

Have a safe and good Sunday be cautious when doing any driving looks like many of us in the North east will see our first major snow storm of the season today and tomorrow.  Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17791 on: Dec 01, 2019, 10:13 AM »
IFF good you have mechanical knowledge and where able to help your children fix their snowblower. Who ever came up with Shear pins has saved folks a good sum of money over the years though it is not always easy to access and replace the pins.

Greetings mr.clean!

You popped a memory when you talked about shear pins.

Years ago on the farm we had a neighbor that always was trying to beat the system. He got tired of having to put shear pins in when they broke and and decided to do some welding on his hay baler. He welded as much as he could solid and was convinced he would be the envy of the neighborhood. To try it out, he tried to bale some first crop in the early evening after the hay was getting tough. He lived about a half mile across country from us and we heard the banging as the welds were breaking and a hunk of iron went through the knives ??? For a little kid the appreciation of shear pins were never in doubt.

One more story from the same guy. He had a good sized manure spreader and usually had no problem filling it when cleaning the barn. One winter day he took his load to a field where he had been spreading. As happens every once in awhile he had a link on the apron break, preventing unloading before fixing it. This is a nasty thing to fix, but with -10 weather the need to get the spreader empty was very important. One of the neighbors biggest handicaps in life was his terrible temper. He decided to let the spreader sit in the field and unhooked it and went home. A couple of weeks went by and his temper had cooled down. He was tired of cleaning the barn with his wheelbarrow and asked one of the other neighbors if he could park the spreader in their little shop and thaw it out. First off it probably would have taken a week at 90 degrees to thaw, and secondly as it thawed all the juices would leak out across the floor. All I know about the rest of the story is that when he was told %*&# NO!, the two became bitter enemies. I do remember it was well into the spring before the load thawed enough to make the fix.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17792 on: Dec 01, 2019, 06:55 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Snowing out now. Gentleman next door tried to get up the driveway and slid down and ended up sideways. He got his car straightened out and up the driveway after he threw down some sand. My wife checked on the downstairs neighbor to make sure she was ok and all set for the storm. My wife is very tired but feeling a little better.

Mr Clean, I hope you didn’t get to much snow. I remember breaking shearing pins on a brush hog cutting underbrush. My wife’s sisters wouldn’t leave their husbands.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good day and a safe one.

I hope everyone had a great day and a safe one and everyone has a great evening. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17793 on: Dec 01, 2019, 08:26 PM »
Glad Mrs. 45 is feeling better

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17794 on: Dec 02, 2019, 04:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 25* and has stopped snowing for the moment. ::) More is expected.
                       Wally...…..Fortunately my boiler hasn't gotten over 190* when the power has gone out. My boiler has a blower when the damper opens so
               I think the damper shuts tight when the temperature of the water reaches 180*. ???
                       Steve...….We were gone for one night and came home yesterday, the weather cat was fine by himself for one night. I did have a neighbor
               fill my boiler while we were gone. :bow:
                       I-45........I'm glad your wife's BS is down but even 200 is high, my diabetic technician at the VA say I'm to keep my BS level between 90 and 130.
               Which I am able to do most of the time but it's the A1C that gives me problems.  :blink:
                       Marv.......Those are funny stories about the farmer, I remember living with my aunt and uncle on their farm in Virginia and helping repair the
               manure spreader, it was messy. :sick:
                       Eddie...…I hope you were successful yesterday. :thumbsup:
                       Bud...…..When you own equipment some mechanical know how is important, I hope the watched and learned so they can do it next time. :flex:
                       Looks like I'll be clear snow this morning getting ready for the next round, after that down to the trail cam and see if that buck has been
               around since I was last there.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or clearing snow!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17795 on: Dec 02, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

10 degrees and the snow is done, for this round  ???

IW glad the weather cat didn't have any problems being alone for the night :thumbsup: Glad your overnight trip went well.

Eddie hope you had some action yesterday in the woods, hope you and the crew have an excellent indoor week at work :thumbsup:

WW interested in hearing what your snow totals are so far from overnight ??? Slow and easy if you do some digging.

45 glad your wife is feeling a little better :thumbsup:

With yesterdays wind, today will be another day of cleanup. I kept up with it during the storm so it won't be bad. The last couple of days the turkeys have been back. They are still digging where I had dumped corn prior to September. Last winter we had all hens in a flock of up to 40 or so, it appears now it's just Toms. There are about 10 that are visiting and they seem mean to each other. One other note, a week ago 10 hens paid a visit and "Arrow Turkey" was among them. I was glad to see she had made it through the fall.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17796 on: Dec 02, 2019, 05:55 AM »
28* and Scout had some light snow on her went she came in. She loves the snow. Looks like about 8 inches on the deck. No one has to get out right away so going to wait to do the driveway.

Ice-45, glad the wife is feeling better.

Eddie must have left early for work this morning. He wants to set an example for the NEW guy. He is training him well.

IW, hope you find Mr. Buck standing in front of the camera when you get there.

I went up and sat from 9am until about 12:30. The deer were moving, saw 3, two I know were does. The other one stopped and turned when I grunted at it, I saw flashes of it moving around in some thick stuff and then like a puff of smoke, disappeared. That is twice this year in the same spot. The area was logged 25 years ago, so there are just no big trees for me to use when sitting on the ground. Lots of small beech and yellow birch. By next season I will have something built.

Time to go out and chase the snow blower and get the garbage out.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17797 on: Dec 02, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's   22* here     hope the ice comes back soon it melted during the warm up

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17798 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope the drive into work wasn't too scary today  :o

IW.....our boiler has hit 220* before, a bit much  ::)  if the power goes out now the first thing that happens is the generator gets fired up and the boiler gets plugged in  ;)2  glad you made it to VT and back safely

WS....nice to know "arrow's" still standing  :thumbsup:  hope today will be your last clean up detail for awhile  :)

H2L....amazing how deer can vanish into thin air like that  :blink:  don't overdo on the snow clean up  :nono:

MrC.....hope you made it thru the storm ok, no power outages or other damage  ;)

Looks like about 4 or  5" of snow overnight, it kept switching between snow and sleet/freezing rain which kept the totals on the low end  :clap:  haven't made it out to start clean up yet as it's still coming down at a pretty decent clip   :wacko:  since the temp is hovering just below freezing I'm guessing the snow will be the wet/heavy stuff  :pinch:  pretty much everything in this area is closed today, cars are just creeping on the road, glad I have nowhere to go and all day to get there  :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Yesterday's kitchen detail yield

and we had our Thanksgiving turkey for dinner  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17799 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, First round of snow is over. We got about 6” of snow. The landlords roof kept most of the snow off the stairs. My wife won’t let me go outside until everything is cleared. She is feeling better today.

Hunts2long, Sounds like Scout had fun in the snow. Mr Dickens doesn’t do well in deeper snow with his 3” legs. Hope you have no issues with the snowblower.

Whopper Stopper, Thats great news about Arrow turkey showing up.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great your able to keep those numbers with your blood sugar. When she goes back to work she’ll be talking to a diatician she likes. Hopefully you see the Buck in the trail cam.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Remember not to put arms in moving parts on the snowblower. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17800 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:10 AM »
WallyWorld, Just saw you were posting at the same time. Does your snowblower on the tractor have any issues with wet snow? Those cookies look delicious. Nothing better then homemade cookies.

Old Goat, Good Morning, Hopefully there will be ice soon to stay.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17801 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Good Morning, Gang

All we are getting is rain from this storm, at least that is what it is doing here, cloudy, no wind finally, hi 30's, maybe 40

45 - Glad the wife is home, now to work on those numbers

I.W. - Glad the mrs. got a good report from the dr. about the biopsy - good luck in the woods

W.S. - How much snow did you get this round?

H2L - At least you are seeing something

Mrs. W.W. - Bored with spare time makes for trouble, that was my yesterday - the cookies looked great

Mason - Any success?

Clean - Glad to see you had a good trip to NJ for the holiday

I.F.F. - It is always nice to have some mechanical ability with things, now you have to have a master's degree in something to figure out what is wrong, before getting
      the college doctorate degree 'expert' to fix it

Got stuck home yesterday with a 24 hr. collection test for a new Dr., to see what is going with the kidney stones, finished this a.m., all packaged up and ready for FEDEX
      to pickup, think I'm going to take today off from work to play 'catch-up' with some things here at the house, besides, tomorrow is SUPPOSED to be a sunny day here,
      could use it, just need some cold to lock up some ponds

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Get Well Soon-Happy Birthday

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17802 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Update....just went out and measured the snow, about 9 & 1/2”  and still snowing  ::) at least the wind has quit  ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17803 on: Dec 02, 2019, 08:59 AM »
Allert!!! If any one finds my post from yesterday after noon that got lost in cyber space please post it for me. Now to try and remember what I had tried to post.

When I was up around 3am Sunday it was sleet and freezing rain. We ended up with a few inches of wet snow on top of that. I spent a few hours getting the mess cleaned up. A lot of what was coming out of my blower was full of dirt as the ground is not frozen. I have never plugged up the blower as much as I did yesterday in all of the years I have had it. My blower has a couple of sheer pins in a holder so I will have them if I need them.

After a short nap I got the apple sauce I made on Saturday bagged and in the freezer. I still have to process some apples today.

Marv We had a city idiot couple move across the road from us. She thought the sun always set straight west when we were standing by my barn when I told her we could see it set from the back porch in a few weeks. I made her walk over to the house when I could see it set from the porch. The had to have horses so they brought some from out west as their were no good horses in Michigan. After building a barn the guy put the boards on the corral on the out side.   ::) One day I saw him ride out the drive on one of the horses headed to where there was a mean dog. A short while later the horse came home stirrups a flapping. Shortly he came limping with his broken glasses in his hand.
Reading your post about the blower being out of gas remined me I need to buy some more gas as my gas can is empty. and the blower is close.

If 45 I agree with IW that 200 is still high. When I went down and almost died back in 2010 I found out later that my non fasting BS's were running 180 to 200. At my doctor at that time I could never get blood test results or it would have clued me in to a problem.

ww I figured out why that pie almost over ran the pan. I had bought jumbo eggs.  Those pictures are hard on a diabetic.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17804 on: Dec 02, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Allert!!! If any one finds my post from yesterday after noon that got lost in cyber space please post it for me. Now to try and remember what I had tried to post
              Tom.....It is Cyber Monday maybe someone bought it. Lol :roflmao:

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17805 on: Dec 02, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Good morning resting after doing some snow shoveling and car cleaning we received a mix of snow and sleet over night must have been a good half inch or more of ice on the hood and roof of my SUV. The snow is falling lightly at a steady rate weather guessers say things will ramp up this afternoon/evening before the storm ends some time tomorrow morning. The forecast snow total from the storm is still around 12 inches.
Eddie ditto other's comments on your ride to Albany this morning May you get home without any problems.
Ice wanderer good to read your home safely from VT. hope you had a good time at your son in laws. Figured you would have some plan in place to protect your wood boiler.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the stories about your neighbor as a child got a good chuckle over the manure spreader.May today be your last round of snow cleanup for a while. Good to read "Arrow turkey" is alive and doing well guess after the mating season the tom's are more social with each other.
Icefisher-45 happy the roof system is keeping majority of the snow off your stairs. Kudos to your wife for checking on the down stairs neighbor. One of you may have to shovel a spot for Mr.Dicken's to use for a potty.
Hunts2long may the temperature in your part of NY. have been colder then my area over night and your snow blower not have to deal with any ice mixed in with the snow. Did you bowl last night.
Old Goat may you see lower temperatures and little snow so lakes in your area of WI. can freeze over and build ice once again.
Wallyworld the cookies look great as usual see you will have two types with reindeer decoration. Did you just roast a turkey breast or do the whole turkey  lot of meat for two people either way i wondered if the two of you were going to celebrate the holiday late since Mr.WW was at hunting camp. May you have no problems during snow removal with your tractor.
Capt.Jim hope all the rain down your way does not cause flooding problems. Good your taking a day off to work around your house. All the best with those kidney stones.
Tom Turkey I wonder also where all the lost posts,emails,etc. end up must be a giant bin somewhere in cyberspace. Hope your snow blower is alright after this latest round of snow clean up. Sounds like your new neighbors will provide you with many stories to share here on the 9:45. Enjoy that home made apple sauce.

May all in the path of this storm come through it with no problems. Be careful if you have to travel anywhere .
  steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17806 on: Dec 02, 2019, 02:40 PM »
We didn't bowl last night. Just as well as two of bowlers on my team had to go to PA. before the storm hit.

I am done chasing the snow-blower around. With 3 cars in the driveway it is a real PITA. We didn't get any rain, just fluffy snow. Got a path off the deck for Scout.

WW, I hope we get some wind to take the snow out of the trees. Not fond of it falling on me.

Lindsay got me a "walking stick" last year for Christmas, will be using it in the morning. Three legs are better than two for an old guy. Don't want to make snow angels in the woods. Took a ride up to where I hunt. Only two deer moved since the snow, one where I go into the woods.

The wife and Amber are baking cookies today and there is pot of white chili.

IW, bet the weather cat missed you.

Have a good evening....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17807 on: Dec 02, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Plow guy never showed up today. My wife contacted the landlord and she asked my wife to contact our old plow guy and see if he could plow us out. Health care service couldn’t get up the driveway to see our downstairs neighbor. I ventured down to try and clean the cars off and my wife took Mr Dickens out. I slipped and fell and hurting tonight. My wife wasn’t able to shovel to heavy. Stinks getting old and falling apart.

Hunts2long, Snow blowing around cars is definitely a pain. I’m sure Scout is happy to have a path off the deck. White Chili sounds good. What is in it? Hope the walking stick helps. The smell of cookies is always good.

Mr Clean, Hope you took your time shoveling and cleaning if the suv. My wife walked Mr Dickens on the driveway. We will have to figure someplace for him to go potty.

Tom Turkey, That is smart to have extra shear pins handy. Do you have your own apple trees? I’ve never made apple sauce is it hard to make? Sounds like your new neighbors are going to be amusing. Hopefully the horse was ok. I grew up doing 3 day eventing with horses. It does stink getting thrown.

WallyWorld, Cookies look good, How much snow are you supposed to get?

Captain Jim, Thats good your getting rain. Kidney stones stinks. I’ve had a couple Very painful. Hopefully they’ll be able to something about them.

I hope everyone had a great day and have a good evening. Hoping we get plowed out. My wife doesn’t want to take the Jeep. The Jeep has a lift and she’s not crazy about that. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17808 on: Dec 02, 2019, 05:51 PM »
H2L  ? ??? White Chili

Pretty slow at the store 33 customers is all we've seen today.

I will have to pick up some ice melt, what got tramped down on the drive is not going anywhere, even with it getting to 59* today.

Nice looking batches coming out of your oven WW.  Think I gain 3/4 pound each time I look it the pictures.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #17809 on: Dec 03, 2019, 02:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* with light snow falling, it’s just about over now, high of 30 today. Not certain what our official total is, but it’s got to be pretty near the 24” they predicted. I measured 15” after work yesterday, just finished up with at least another 8.
  Almost forgot about how much fun snow removal was...two days in row firing up the snowblower at 1:30am. Didn’t break any shear pins this am though, and the mailbox is still standing!!   ;D  :thumbsup:

No luck on the deer hunting Sunday. This snow is going to make things difficult for the both the hunters and the hunted now...but not throwing in the towel yet!   :flex:

Too late to catch up with everyone this am, but will give it the old college try this afternoon...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #17810 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:37 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 23* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Eddie...…..Most of the heaviest snow was in your area, we got 10" here, I snow blew my drive way and was done just after 10am.
               Then I went to town to pick up a few things. :whistle: By the time I got home 3" more fell. Oh well. :o
                        H2L...…….I went down yesterday afternoon to where my trail camera is and followed some fresh tracks right to it, 2 Does were near it. :blink: The
               weather cat does miss us and I feel bad when leaving like that, even if it's for 1 night. :(
                        Wally......We escaped any sleet or freezing rain here, it was all snow here. :thumbsup:
                        Bud........33 customers doesn't even pay the heat bill. Lol :roflmao:
                        I-45........You should be wearing some cleats when walking on the slippery stuff. :flex:
                        Capt........Good luck with the test results, I hope they can figure it all out. ???
                        Marv........It's good to know that "Arrow" has survived. :clap:
                        I have to go for lab work this morning just  check up tests for next weeks visit with the Dr. then maybe some hunting this afternoon.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17811 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:14 AM »
White chili, chunks of chicken, white beans instead of red, corn, can of cream of chicken soup, spices and we had it over rice.

22* and the snow is still hanging onto the trees. Can't decide if I want to go out this morning or this afternoon. Just may wait until it gets light out. I know it is going to be a pain getting into the woods on the first trip.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17812 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:20 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

+20 heading into the low 30's later today. Clear sailing on the weather for the rest of the week but arctic air supposedly by next week. I heard some good news yesterday, other than my spearing lake a few around here were open when the snow came. At least I should be able to get out somewhere once the freeze starts ???

Eddie glad to hear the mailbox post is still up :thumbsup: Best of luck when getting back in the woods :thumbsup:

IW, h2l Best of luck to you both on your next hunting outing :thumbsup: IW good luck at the lab :thumbsup:

WW excellent baking pictures, I am partial to the tree cookies ??? Hope you are on top of your snow removal :thumbsup:

TT good stories. It seems everyone has that one neighbor ???

Capt.Jim hard to say what was actual snow here with all the rain, but to the north where it wasn't rain they got 22"

I have an early morning oil change appointment at 6:30. I'm not sure what else I will get into after that.

I hope you all have an excellent day, best of luck to everyone on the ice or in the bush :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17813 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....saw on the news your area was getting the brunt of the storm  :pinch:  should be over now  ;)

IW.....good luck with today's tests  :)

IFF....still can't get over the crazy weather swings out there  :wacko: 

WS....I'm sure you'll find something to pass the time after the oil change  ;)2

CapJ.....fingers crossed for some answers from the latest test  :)  hope you got your "batteries" recharged with the long weekend  :flex: ;)2

IF45.....hope you aren't too sore from your slip & fall  :blink:

H2L.....good luck in the woods, slow and steady breaking the trail in  ;)

TT.....funny how much difference the size of an egg can make in a recipe  :cookoo:

Snow is all cleaned up   :thumbsup:    the snow blower does a great job even with the wet stuff  :clap:  me and my shovel on the other hand, we're a little slower  :-\   sure was some HEAVY shovel fulls with all the rain mixed in  :flex:  Sure is pretty out there this morning tho   :whistle:  :roflmao:  ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17814 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Good morning appears the snow has finally stopped like Eddie not sure if we hit your went over projected total for this storm. I went out around 4:30 PM yesterday to do round 2 of vehicle cleaning/shoveling only did a little shoveling sleet or freezing rain was coming down so left snow on the SUV hopefully be easier to clean off this morning then yesterday. Think like Wallyworld's area the periods of sleet /freezing rain and possibly rain kept snow total down. Does make for heavier snow rather have a lower temperature and all powdery snow. The plow service is here so will get dressed quick dig out and move my vehicle so they can plow my and other parking spots. I will check back later and responded to all of your posts.

Have a safe and good day.
  Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #17815 on: Dec 03, 2019, 08:05 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

We ended up with about 1-1/2 inches of wet slop, it changed over to snow late yesterday afternoon, the roads are clear, just the untreatable surfaces-lawns, flower beds - going
      to be in the low to mid 30's, no breeze as of yet, clouds, no sun yet

45 - Time to start thinking about the safe way to move around, tis the season, as it is said, even a cheap pair of ice creepers are better then nothing when walking - how about
      a walking stick like what H2L got from his daughter ?

Mrs. W.W. - Watch your back with the heavy snow - the 'battery charger' is a trickle charger, it takes a while, better than 60% right now, just a slow go

Clean - Good Morning - Just watch walking so you don't slip and fall

W.S. - What is supposed to be the yearly snow total for your area? - 22 in. is a good start for getting there

H2L - That chili sounds great, will be giving it a try - wait for daylight, safety first, see where your going - Good Luck when hunting

I.W. - Watch walking at the lab. - Good Luck in the woods

Mason - Did that with early snow removal while Ellie was still working, if the snow was in drifts, sometimes it took 5 hrs. WITH the machine to clear working areas-cars, side-
      walks, driveway - my mailbox is right next to a tree, if he aims for it, the tree will get him, havn't had a problem in over 20 years

I.F.F. - Those 33 people must still believe in seeing the item before buying, as opposed to shop internet and send it back if it isn't what is wanted

The sun is finally starting to peek out of the clouds, good, have some walkways to clear, vehicles to clear off, waiting for a fan motor for the small van to arrive-mail tracking
      says today for delivery, be glad when that's in & done, heat is a good thing this time of year - Did lab work this past Saturday for some Dr.s, 12 VIALS of blood, they
      must be feeding a vampire somewhere ;D

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17816 on: Dec 03, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Still snowing here. The landlord is sending her husband and brother to shovel us out. Supposed to take my wife to the eye Dr this morning but she’s fighting me because her car can’t get out. I told her the Jeep can go over the snow. Her sugar is below 200 this morning.🤗

Mr Clean, Do you have to do any shoveling?

WallyWorld, Thats good the snowblower doesn’t have any problems with the snow. A little sore this morning.

Whopper Stopper, Thats early for a oil change. Are you going out in the woods today?

Hunts2long, White chili sounds good. Will have to try it. Be careful if you go out today.

Ice Wanderer, prayers your lab work goes well. Good luck in the woods today.

Mason Eddie, Snow removal can be fun. Our landlords husband traveled about 40 miles to shovel us out. Then the plow drivers for the house across our driveway came and put more snow in back of our vehicles. I must have been brought up wrong in the fact that when you do a job you do it right.

IFF, Doesn’t sounds like it was worth opening the store. Are you working today?

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe day. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17817 on: Dec 03, 2019, 09:34 AM »
if-45 day off today, will return the M-18 compact, don't think it has torque enough, pick up some ice melt, and a couple other errands.

H2L sounds good to me ;D

time to feed the doves.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17818 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Good day once again fellow 9:45er's  I finished shoveling out my and a neighbor's vehicles and was changing into dry clothes when the telephone rang around 9:40 AM property management company  telling us plow service would by on site at 10:30 please move you vehicle. So went out pulled my SUV from my parking spot and did a little shopping and had lunch out the parking lot was cleared when I got back home around 12:30 PM. Many school districts in my area had 2 to 3 hours delay on opening some are closed again to day. Local newspaper said state police responded to over one hundred disabled vehicle call and a similar number of personal injury accidents. There was one death from the storm a 34 year old man who was riding a snow mobile on private property lost control of the machine and was thrown into a tree. Inexperienced rider/driver no helmet wonder what he was thinking I thought NY. law required the use of a helmet while driving a snow mobile.
Eddie hope majority of the snow was the light powdery type. Good to read your mail box is still standing. You may need snowshoes on your next hunting trip.
Ice wanderer may the doctor only have good news from today's tests when you see him/her next week. The snow was falling at a good rate yesterday during certain periods how long were you away from the house. Good your seeing deer on the trail camera ditto my message to Eddie about snowshoes. All the best if you are out hunting this afternoon.
Hunts2long thank you for basic recipe for the white chili wondered if you used white beans or the sauce was white colored. walking stick/sticks are handy is the one you have telescopic and break down for storage. Good luck to you also if hunting and same message about the snow shoes or talk to your brother and see if there are cross country skis that will work with your hunting boots.
Whopper Stopper that is early for an oil change. May next week's coming Arctic blast not leave you feeling like your Drifter-016's neighbor. Good the most lakes by you were open before snow storm snow should help lower water temperature and with no ice cover do not have to worry about the snow slowing down ice formation.
IFF hope there was some odd jobs or shelf stocking to due yesterday otherwise a long day at work when few customers are present. If your buying the M-18 drill for your with ice auger I believe you want a minimum of 750 in./lbs of torque to spin/turn a six inch auger more torque for an eight inch.
Capt.Jim glad you only got a small amount of the wet heavy snow. If needed I do have a pair of creepers stored with my Winter boots thankfully the plow service did a little snow clearing overnight so once dug out people could leave the complex and if needed emergency vehicles could get in from state highway. Better eat some dark green vegetables or have a nice steak to get your iron levels up after having all that blood taken for testing.
Icefisher-45 good to hear your only a little sore after your fall yesterday I agree with others on the creepers just watch you do not get caught on the stairs. this will not help with the driveway but check with your town to see if they keep a list of people with medical conditions  one of my neighbors when I lived in the house was on kidney dyalasis (spelling?) and had number for town DPW to call if he needed to get to hospital for the treatment and our street was not yet plowed. many plow truck drivers just want to get the job done fast get paid and move on to the next driveway. I've seen them push snow from a driveway across a street leaving some of it creating a possible hazard for other drivers. Glad someone finally cleaned your driveway. I was wondering do you think the two of you could train Mr.Dicken's to use he disposable puppy training pads if the need should arise.
Wallyworld glad your snowblower can handle the heaver snow/ice mix pace your self with the shoveling. have you finished baking and decorating cookies for the FD party.

A heads up to all of you received a scam call while typing this supposedly from Microsoft about a refund on soft-ware i never ordered so stay alert. Also the siren at nearby fire house has gone off twice while i type wonder what has happened to cause the calls.

Enjoy the rest of this day. Stay alert while driving. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17819 on: Dec 03, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Mr. Clean, its been a long time since I used snow shoes and I have never been on skis. I am sure I would be down more than up. Last season I was using an old broom stick. My daughter got me hickory walking stick for Christmas last year. It seems to do the trick. I just go slow and easy. No deer seen today...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.