Author Topic: Nice Surprise Rainbows  (Read 1629 times)

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice Surprise Rainbows
« on: Feb 21, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Went out on the ice Saturday morning and didn't feel like sticking it out too long in the cold.  After about an hour and half of no flags and the hands starting to get really cold I decided it was time to pack up and head home.  I pulled up the first two traps and sat a bit to warm up my hands.  Well, the next hole I went to, as I looked down it I noticed the line was off to the side of the hole (no flag though).  Pulled up a nice 14" rainbow.  Wow, so I threw some more bait on and put it back down to see if any more were around.  Amazing how quick a fish will warm you up.  Went to check the other lines and found another 14" rainbow on a line.  Nice - now I had my limit and could go back home like I had intended!!  What a great surprise. 
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
Re: Nice Surprise Rainbows
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Tasty meal coming up for you! It sure feels better coming home after catching a few fish than getting the skunking!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Yeah - the funny thing was I was ready to go home with the skunk, but it didn't want to go with me :D

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Nice rainbows!

Offline MikePike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I caught you a delicious pike
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2005, 04:11 PM »
beautiful fish rainbows are eh?  :tipup:

Do the leaves of trees stay greener, in the autumn, does the colour of the sun, turn crimson white? Does a shadow come between us, in the winter?

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2005, 04:15 PM »
 Almost same thing happened to me, we said "we'll give it 15 more minutes and head home" not a minute later a flag went up and a nice14.5" rainbow was on the other end, ill post pics shortly when i get them uploaded.
Jason

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Thanks guys - It's funny how stuff like that happens some times.  Yesterday JigginWiggin and I had been fishing this spot all morning and didn't have much luck (other than a salmon that had to be released).  He had no more than said "I think we should grab our stuff and move to another spot" and his flag went up.  That fish reeled out alot of line in a hurry (ended up losing him though), but it was almost like it knew we were about to give up on that spot!! 

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2005, 10:02 AM »
nice fish making me wanna get ready and head out :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.