Author Topic: SHAPPELL FX100I. FIRST GLANCE! (UPDATED)  (Read 50733 times)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
Re: SHAPPELL FX100I. FIRST GLANCE! (UPDATED)
« Reply #60 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:58 AM »
specs on line say insulated 300D.  600 would be nice, but this is ok with me.....

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #61 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:04 AM »
heres the specs on fx200I. should be same exact materials used.

FX200i  Insulated

Two person
Solid one piece frame
Slinding padded seat
Full wind break position
Front zip door
Front, rear, and side windows
Auto-flow air vents
Second access rear door
High-Viz reflectors
Extreme-duty insulated 600D polyester shell <-----<<<
18 sq ft Fishable area
76 lbs.

http://shappell.com/

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #62 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:16 AM »
The FX200i is 600D according to their website. It weighs 4# more than the FX200.
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:28 AM »
They emailed me back and said it was a misprint and "It is 600D with insulated material in the middle."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #64 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:33 AM »
They emailed me back and said it was a misprint and "It is 600D with insulated material in the middle."
sweet.hope to get 1 by first ice..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #65 on: Sep 17, 2018, 09:37 AM »
probably sell out fast. seems when shappell owned and operated the brand, they kept it close to home as far as marketing. now that eagle claw owns and operates it, they are getting more known in other states.

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:06 AM »
probably sell out fast. seems when shappell owned and operated the brand, they kept it close to home as far as marketing. now that eagle claw owns and operates it, they are getting more known in other states.

That's why I'm thinking of ordering mine today. I know I'm going to get one anyway and right now they have a $50 off deal so I might as well just get it.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Sep 17, 2018, 10:58 AM »
Glad it was a misprint as I was thinking. Jump on them before they're gone!! :thumbsup: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:41 PM »
Just ordered mine. This will be a fun conversation with the wife tonight....  ::)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #69 on: Sep 17, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Just ordered mine. This will be a fun conversation with the wife tonight....  ::)
Better to ask forgiveness than ask permission!! ;)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #70 on: Sep 17, 2018, 05:56 PM »
heres the specs on fx200I. should be same exact materials used.

FX200i  Insulated

Two person
Solid one piece frame
Slinding padded seat
Full wind break position
Front zip door
Front, rear, and side windows
Auto-flow air vents
Second access rear door
High-Viz reflectors
Extreme-duty insulated 600D polyester shell <-----<<<
18 sq ft Fishable area
76 lbs.

http://shappell.com/

I assume that the "D" represents denier?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:10 PM »
Wow this is very tempting. I’ve got an old model Rover, no door or anything I picked up for very very cheap but I had to patch a couple holes. It works for the most part, just lose some heat. Insulated and a door.... jeez. Can’t wait till I’m out of college so that I can jump on deals like these! I could maybe swing it, but what do you guys think? It’d be insulated, a door, and would have the wider bar that lies on the ice. Maybe I should just start my own thread haha!

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Wow this is very tempting. I’ve got an old model Rover, no door or anything I picked up for very very cheap but I had to patch a couple holes. It works for the most part, just lose some heat. Insulated and a door.... jeez. Can’t wait till I’m out of college so that I can jump on deals like these! I could maybe swing it, but what do you guys think? It’d be insulated, a door, and would have the wider bar that lies on the ice. Maybe I should just start my own thread haha!

You're in college. Live off ramen a couple weeks to balance the budget and you're set!  ;D

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:26 PM »

I did the same, was thinking man shes gonna be pissed. Came home said I wanted to order another ice shack and she said "If you sell the red one that takes forever to set up go ahead." I had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake or alive.  Guess I'll have an Eskimo Quickfish up for sale soon. Lol

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Sep 18, 2018, 12:04 PM »
You're in college. Live off ramen a couple weeks to balance the budget and you're set!  ;D

Haha no kidding! Trying to work it out, hopefully I can fit one in, because it looks like the price might be a slight mistake as it was posted that the msrp is $350

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #75 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:15 PM »
wonder if just the thermal tent will be available.ive already got the fx100.be nice to be able to purchase just the tent at a reasonable price.or im thinking about selling my fx100 to upgrade to the fx100i.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Sep 18, 2018, 08:20 PM »
I sent a email to eagle claw yesterday about the availability and price of the fx100i tent, still waiting for a response.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #77 on: Sep 19, 2018, 05:32 AM »

Just curious... I had a Rover 1.5 about 8 or 9 years ago that had a door. How old is yours?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Sep 19, 2018, 10:50 AM »
wonder if just the thermal tent will be available.ive already got the fx100.be nice to be able to purchase just the tent at a reasonable price.or im thinking about selling my fx100 to upgrade to the fx100i.
response from eagle claw: Unfortunately we do not have replacement tents for the FX100I at this time since it is a new item.  It is something we are working on.  Please check back in the future for a more certain answer.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: SHAPPELL FX100I. FIRST GLANCE!
« Reply #79 on: Sep 19, 2018, 12:54 PM »
How cold it is where u need a heater in a 1man? I only ask because i dont have a thermal 1 man, and just being out of the wind and my body heat wars it up pretty quick. Coat, gloves, and hat come off after just a few minutes.

I also use a buddy heater but have to question the need for a thermal canvas in a one man flip. My frabill one man is non thermal and heats up very well even in below zero temps. The thermal canvas adds a lot of unnecessary weight imo. I was out one time with a group of other people then as late afternoon came I noticed I was the only one still out on the ice. Fishing was good, I wondered why everyone else left early. About a half hour latter I loaded up my truck to leave and saw it was minus -12°f I was nice and toasty in that un-insulated one man flip.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Sep 19, 2018, 01:13 PM »
shappell's fx200 insulated is only 4 pounds more than non insulated fx200. being this is much smaller the weight won't be noticed at all.

since i own this unit i can say that it does not condensate except for the first 12 inches or so where the tent attaches to the tub creates an air flow so super cold times it will freeze the fabric there only and my non insulated fx100 condensates big time every where. even better is when snow is sitting on the roof and your heating the non insulated would condensate so i installed reflectx to eliminate that problem but the walls would still condensate.

it is also quieter from wind flap and absorbs some sounds. you save money by going longer before needing heat and then you can run with less heat when you do need it. i take my parka off or keep it off if i'm not wearing before setting it up.

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Sep 19, 2018, 02:33 PM »
One of the big reasons I ordered the insulated version was so the wind wouldn't constantly be blowing up the bottom of the shanty.  My old frabill was uninsulated and was plenty warm with using a buddy heater on and off. I have a striker ice suit so I'm usually plenty warm in just that. When I'm in the shack I like taking the jacket off. It's also annoying having the fabric constantly flapping in the wind. Hopefully the extra little weight keep it from doing that.

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Sep 19, 2018, 03:20 PM »
The reduction in wind noise, condensation, and propane consumption are the reasons I want a insulated tent.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #83 on: Sep 19, 2018, 03:44 PM »
The reduction in wind noise, condensation, and propane consumption are the reasons I want a insulated tent.
same here.sitting in a fx100 in the wind is like sitting in a garbage bag..it does get warm with a little buddy heater but loses heat as soon as the heater is turned off.thermal tent will help with that.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Sep 19, 2018, 03:53 PM »
same here.sitting in a fx100 in the wind is like sitting in a garbage bag..it does get warm with a little buddy heater but loses heat as soon as the heater is turned off.thermal tent will help with that.

Haha. I like the garbage bag reference.  It’s spot on too.  Don’t think I would buy a tent that was not insulated for that very reason. 

FISHFORPIKE

Re: SHAPPELL FX100I. FIRST GLANCE!
« Reply #85 on: Sep 19, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I also use a buddy heater but have to question the need for a thermal canvas in a one man flip.

It's called comfort.   @)  Everyone has their own idea of what that consists of.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Just curious... I had a Rover 1.5 about 8 or 9 years ago that had a door. How old is yours?

I honestly have no clue! I got it four years back or so from a guy that only used it a couple times. Looked like new other than a few holes the mice chewed in the shell in his basement.

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Sep 20, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Glad I ordered mine when I did from Sportsmans Guide, they are already on back order until early October. I haven't got mine yet, but should have it by early next week.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #88 on: Sep 20, 2018, 12:53 PM »
like hotcakes on a skillet.
replacement tents shouldn't be available until they get caught up manufacturing and saturated the market. they are behind with new manufacturer.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Sep 20, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Just got mine from Sportsman's Guide, got the frame all set up went to put the cover on and there's a seam ripped/ torn along the top. While I was inside putting the cover on (till I saw ths rip) it started getting really warm in there.  I called Eagle Claw first and they don't have any covers in stock currently, then I called Sportsman's Guide. They are back ordered until October 9th but they're shipping me a whole new everything just to pull the cover out and then I have to ship it back, I wish they could just pull the cover and save all the big box shipping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.