Author Topic: Bob house down  (Read 2755 times)

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Bob house down
« on: Mar 03, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Went over to turtle pond yesterday morning to check on the ice melt, noticed a bob house on the far south west side of the pond, went over today to see if someone had gotten it off. Sad to say it was thru the ice about 100 yds out from the ramp. Dont know what they will do now, doesnt look very safe out there.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bob house down
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2018, 03:45 AM »
Just wondering, what happens when a bob house goes down and you cant safely get it out?

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:43 AM »
I'm guessing if the owner can be found they'll be required to remove it and possibly fined. That's IF they even know it's on the bottom. Course if it's floating around that would be different.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:50 AM »
I think this particular bobhouse, they know, it was on the far side of the pond on friday and more than halfway to the takeout point on saturday when it went thru the ice..now its floating.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:02 AM »
You would only get fined (probably) if it was allowed to sink and/or not removed before 4/1.

That's why they make you write you name and address on them.

If they can't get out on the ice safely to remove it, maybe break up the ice and drag it through the water with a vehicle on land?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2018, 10:24 AM »
I think this particular bobhouse, they know, it was on the far side of the pond on friday and more than halfway to the takeout point on saturday when it went thru the ice..now its floating.
Mark it on gps. Artificial reef is a good thing
Salmonemia

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:35 AM »
SALMONEMIA, I think where it is its only about 8' deep..We could use it as a diving platform this summer..

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Mark it on gps. Artificial reef is a good thing

That's an odd square rock on the fish finder........lol
Just add water.

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:37 PM »

Taken yesterday, she’s froze in good!
Life is good!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Not sure why at minumum they dont get out via canoe or something and attach rope. Its ridiculous.  Shouldnt be that hard. Someone's gonna be inheriting a free bob house if it can be salvaged. I fish that place ill be taking photos of all shacks out there and contact info next season. Although its required by law to have info posted  i know for a fact most utilize a fake address to avoid fines. Gotta be a better way to keep these people accountable
Salmonemia

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 28, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Not sure why at minumum they dont get out via canoe or something and attach rope. Its ridiculous.  Shouldnt be that hard. Someone's gonna be inheriting a free bob house if it can be salvaged. I fish that place ill be taking photos of all shacks out there and contact info next season. Although its required by law to have info posted  i know for a fact most utilize a fake address to avoid fines. Gotta be a better way to keep these people accountable

I have noticed some bobhouse owners just write their name and town with no specific address...to me, if the law says “name and address” it’s pretty clear that it should b a specific address. If F&G doesn’t enforce it, it won’t happen I guess. On another note I was told by a warden to increase my reflective sticker coverage on a manufactured house that, in my estimation had legal sized reflectors to begin with.  ???

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Keep a tape handy the next time the question shows up. Say let's look at the tape. 12 Square Inches halfway up on each side.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Keep a tape handy the next time the question shows up. Say let's look at the tape. 12 Square Inches halfway up on each side.

It was obvoious to me that a 6”x2” (2 on each side) reflective sticker = 12sq”  but not to him I guess....nevertheless, I added more stickers just to comply with this particular GW

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2018, 11:46 AM »

Taken yesterday, she’s froze in good!

That's going to be hard to get out and off by Friday.... ::)
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2018, 11:53 AM »
It was obvoious to me that a 6”x2” (2 on each side) reflective sticker = 12sq”  but not to him I guess....nevertheless, I added more stickers just to comply with this particular GW
Send him down my way. We need him.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.