Author Topic: Looking for a fish taco recipe.  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Looking for a fish taco recipe.
« on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:52 PM »
My son wants to catch a bunch of blue gills and make some fish tacos......anyone have any good simple recipes that taste great?

Just a note but not big on lemon flavor here.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Looking for a fish taco recipe.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2017, 09:02 PM »

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2017, 10:25 PM »
A couple of recipes here

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=218801.0

I haven't tried, but recommended by other IS members.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Fish tacos, delicious and hard to mess up.! I would recommend the Andys brand of red breading, but what ever you like is fine. I like to slightly over cook my fish for fish taco's as the fish is so delicate it's nice to give the fish a little more 'body' or crunch if you will. Fresh cabbage gives a great crunch and balances the dish, it can be had pre shredded designed for coleslaw. You could even use coleslaw but it dominates the dish a little to much for my taste. Now if your not going to spend all day making a salsa verde (green sauce)  or a tomatoes salsa from scratch I would recommend finding a red taco sauce and some store bought verde. I know it's a gringo move but I like to buy the Taco Bell hot sauce that they sell in a full bottle. And also a creamy green sauce I will look for a link. If cabbage and salsa is not enough of additions to the fish you could chop onion and cilantro and serve them together in a bowl, also you could coin and then quarter radish. Lastly you want to find decent tortillas, look to spend a couple extra dollars and find the most Mexican looking package you can find. I highly recommend corn tortillas for fish tacos but many Americans are put off. Good lucck!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Herdez-Medium-Guacamole-Salsa-15-7-oz/51348482?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228040761708&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=96187318337&wl4=aud-310687322322:pla-239156892977&wl5=1028137&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=51348482&wl13=&veh=sem

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:03 AM »
Just be creative,you don't need a recipe. Fry fish in a light breading or batter. I like flour tortillas but use any you like. Use toppings you like, shredded iceberg lettuce,diced tomatoes, avocado, chopped cucumber,cabbage slaw, sliced sweet onions, corn,black beans,salsa,shredded cheese,and kind you like. I make fish tacos a lot and they never are the same,whatever we have in the fridge or pantry works well.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Just be creative,you don't need a recipe. Fry fish in a light breading or batter. I like flour tortillas but use any you like. Use toppings you like, shredded iceberg lettuce,diced tomatoes, avocado, chopped cucumber,cabbage slaw, sliced sweet onions, corn,black beans,salsa,shredded cheese,and kind you like. I make fish tacos a lot and they never are the same,whatever we have in the fridge or pantry works well.

good way to do it. My home gets a lot of what are we doing for supper well lets see what is in the fridge, and go from there.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Chili

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:55 AM »
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/53729/fish-tacos/

I'm a fan of this recipe with the pre-shredded coleslaw discussed above.

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2017, 07:07 PM »
I grill the fish, then my wife whips up some cut cabbage - add salsa - sour cream - soft flour tortillas - super easy and good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.