Author Topic: Pike recipe  (Read 5499 times)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pike recipe
« on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Just wanted to put this recipe out there for pike. I have never cooked it before so after looking around I found this recipe and tried it out. You take 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Once it is boiling, add a 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of season salt, and 2 tbs of lemon pepper seasoning. Next you add your cubed up pike and bring back to a boil. Boil it for 5 minutes and then drain. Dip the pike in melted butter and garlic salt. This stuff is amazing.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Re: Pike recipe
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Remove this before too many people start to love pike.  They are a slimy, smelly, rancid fish that nobody wants!

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:25 PM »
Haha after trying it. I love pike. Why would I want to take it down? I plan on targeting them more often now.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:17 PM »
That is the way I make paddle fish.  Sprinkle Lawreys season salt on instead of garlic salt

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2017, 03:36 PM »
I put the lawreys in the water. The garlic salt gets mixed into the melted butter to dip it in.

Offline slabzilla73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2017, 06:09 AM »
It sounds good, but I'm not a sugar in fish type of guy. Can you taste the sweetness in the fish? I'll definitely give it a shot if not too sweet. I was just @ a little ceasars restaurant Friday & they had cinnamon in the cod batter & it didn't taste that good. Yes I know cinnamon isn't sweet but this was just weird tasting.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2017, 02:43 PM »
No, you can't taste the sweetness at all.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:32 PM »
This is one version of what we call poor mans Lobster.
I do this with Halibut and it's great.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline icefisher5308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Thanks for sharing! Gonna have to try this next time :)

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2017, 04:05 PM »
You will be hooked after you do

Offline Duck-Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2017, 03:25 PM »
My buddy was telling me about this recipe and I'll tell ya what I started keeping gators after I tried it.

I was on the ice in January and landed a pike and released it while I was fishing for redears. The idea popped into my head to keep the next pike I catch. About 2 hours later I landed another one, took it home and as I'm cleaning it I remembered exactly why I dont keep them slimey, slippery, boney fish.... My story changed after I tried the "poor man's lobster" recipe lol
REMOVED

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2017, 07:23 PM »
The pike turn slimy from stress.  If you are going to KEEP the pike, kill it immediately before it has a chance to slime.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.