The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Fantastic Day at Fish Pond  (Read 1682 times)

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fantastic Day at Fish Pond
« on: Mar 08, 2020, 06:24 PM »
I went fishing today at Fish Pond (a/k/a Windsor Lake) in North Adams.

I arrived a little before 11 AM.

It was a beautiful day.  Sunny, blue skies, light wind (10 mph) and comparatively warm (upper 30's when I started and upper 40's when I finished).

There was about 8 inches of ice when I started - - although the top inch got a little "mushy" by the time I left.  Hopefully, it will freeze solid again tonight.

I walked across the Pond to the "camp" beach side and set up my tip ups (baited with shiners) and a dead stick (baited with a night crawler segment).

Then I went roving  along the shoreline at the "front" of the Pond (from the "town" beach toward the boat launch end) with my jig stick (baited with a butter worm) and my portable radio (tuned to WJJW  and later WUPE-FM).

Periodically, I would "back track" to check on my tip ups and dead stick.

Over the course of the day, I caught a small (12") pickerel (on a tip up), a small (12") bass (ditto), three rainbows (one 14", one 15" and one 16") (the first on the jig and the other two on the dead stick) and six sunfish (all on the jig).

NOTE: Each of the three trout actually fell about 1/4 inch shy of the mark - - but for the sake of editorial brevity, I have rounded up their size to the next full inch.   

Then I picked up my gear and left for a prior engagement a little after 2 PM.

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fantastic Day at Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2020, 07:44 PM »
Great report but are you on a diet? Lol.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fantastic Day at Fish Pond
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2020, 07:39 AM »
nice work :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.